Windows 10: Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work all of the sudden

Discus and support Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work all of the sudden in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi!, Two days ago the Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work on my laptop when I'm about to use it. I didn't make any impacts or damage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SpideyBetterDeliverThePiz, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work all of the sudden

Hi!, Two days ago the Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work on my laptop when I'm about to use it. I didn't make any impacts or damage to the laptop's keyboard. I even tried disabling the Sticky Keys and other options from the Ease of Access (Keyboard) and restarted the laptop about 3-5 times and even Factory Reset the laptop and it still wont do!

Laptop i'm using:

Lenovo X1 Carbon

:)

SpideyBetterDeliverThePiz, Sep 17, 2018
  2. MdAbbas Win User

Keyboard working weirdly

Hi Vijay,

When I press windows button backspace button also pressing.

When I pressing backspace button start menu populating.

When i pressing spacebar right arrow also pressing and vice versa.

When i pressing enter F3 is also pressing.

When pressing F10 F12 also pressing and vice versa.

When I pressing F9 insert is also pressing.

Thanks,

Aquil

MdAbbas, Sep 17, 2018
  3. T.rigdon Win User
    Backspace, Spacebar, and Enter

So here is the problem:

1)When I am typing anywhere - in browsers, on sticky notes, Microsoft word, even this post- if I press backspace it will delete one letter then take me to the beginning of the line I am typing on. For example, if I were to backspace on the very top line
    of this post -"So here is the problem:"- it will delete colon ":" and then put my cursor in front (to the left) of the "So".

2)When I press enter, the page automatically scrolls down. When I pressed enter to start this new paragraph I was taken to the bottom of the page.

3)When I press space it automatically takes me to the end of the line I am typing. For example, if I were to place the cursor between "So" and "here" in the first line I typed I would have an extra space between "So" and "here" and my cursor would be to
    the right of the colon at the end of the line.

4) Discovered while typing this. If I use the arrow keys to move my cursor within the sentence I'm typing, my cursor jumps to the line above if I use the left arrow and to the line below where I am typing if I use the right arrow.

This is happening on an HP ProBook laptop. It doesn't happen when I use the onscreen key board, I've adjusted all the "sticky key functions", and I'm not accidentally touching the touch pad.

I've read several posts on different blogs, all with the same problem but none have offered a solution. Can this be fixed?

T.rigdon, Sep 17, 2018
  4. neliz Win User

Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work all of the sudden

Microsoft Hardware Debuts Windows 8 Keyboard With Split Backspace-Spacebar Key

Compaq used to bundle these keyboards with their professional "DeskPro" line in the late 90's.. they quickly dropped the idea after they found out no one, really no one is educated to use the backspace on that position... Especially those that type with ten fingers.

Even with the supplied software, you could disable the function (so you'd have a split spacebar.)

Guess how many people enjoy hitting the chasm between the spacebars all the time.. exactly.

neliz, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work all of the sudden

1. Enter, Spacebar, Backspace, F5, F9 and F10 wont work all of the sudden - Similar Threads - Enter Spacebar Backspace

2. My enter, backspace, backward slash, and f5 key are not working. It has been happening for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My enter, backspace, backward slash, and f5 key are not working. It has been happening for...: I have a Windows 10 Pro, T14s computer. I have not been able to use the enter, f5 key, backward slash, and backspace key for times for months. The weird thing is if I spam the backspace key, it works for a while, but then starts not working. I have repeatedly tried checking...
  3. My enter, backspace, backward slash, and f5 key are not working. It has been happening for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My enter, backspace, backward slash, and f5 key are not working. It has been happening for...: I have a Windows 10 Pro, T14s computer. I have not been able to use the enter, f5 key, backward slash, and backspace key for times for months. The weird thing is if I spam the backspace key, it works for a while, but then starts not working. I have repeatedly tried checking...
  4. My enter, backspace, backward slash, and f5 key are not working. It has been happening for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11: Backspace and Enter Keys stopped working suddenly in Windows 11 on my laptop. I have tried to reinstall my keyboard driver, I reinstalled windows and I have already turned off my stickey keys. Nothing is working. Please advise....
  6. Escape, Fn, F3, F5, F6, F7, F9, F10, F11 keys nowt working/only working under specific...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Escape, Fn, F3, F5, F6, F7, F9, F10, F11 keys nowt working/only working under specific...: I'm have a very strange issue with my keyboard recently. I noticed during this week that my escape and Fn keys weren't working well. I have an acer aspire s13 and I use the Fn + up arrow shortcut to increase volume and down arrow to decrease volume. Escape I use in numerous...
  7. F7, F9 and F10 aren't working!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    F7, F9 and F10 aren't working!: I have a problem. My keys F7, F9 and F10 stopped working. I can't control my microphone from F7, can't control my WI-FI from F9 and can't open PC Manager from F10. Any ideeas what can I do with them?...
  8. Spacebar or Enter key is not working

in Windows 10 News
    Spacebar or Enter key is not working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Spacebar and Enter keys are used the most times, and they go unnoticed by anybody who is using a computer. We only realize the value of these unsung heroes of our daily computing when they stop working. It is an [...] This post Spacebar or Enter key is not...
  9. Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working

Backspace and Enter suddenly stopped working: So, my keyboard and computer (desktop, not a laptop), have been working fine for as long as I can remember, but out of nowhere, starting like 2 and a half hours ago, my keyboard's backspace and enter keys have completely ceased any and all kinds of functionality. First I...
  10. enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working

enter, backspace, spacebar, up and down keys not working: Certain keys does not work in my HP Pavillion Laptop with Windows 10 Education 64 bit. After some googling a suggested workaround is to turn on the Airplane mode\disable the wifi adapter via device manger,after which the keys seem to work fine. However once airplane...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f9 f10 enter backspace space dont work