Windows 10: entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

Discus and support entered email incorrect in new laptop setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While setting it up my new laptop, I accidentally typed in the wrong email address. How can I correct this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Proverbs.31.26, Jul 2, 2019.

1. entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

While setting it up my new laptop, I accidentally typed in the wrong email address. How can I correct this?

:)

Proverbs.31.26, Jul 2, 2019
  2. ricci8357 Win User

entered incorrect email add. during setup new laptop

I just purchased a new laptop and while setting up a new Microsoft acc. I was given options of which email

address was available after chosing one I continued to perform setup of a laptop I just purchased while in setup I entered the incorrect email add. in Outlook16. Microsoft gives you a limited time to verify this email

with an email which was sent to my gmail account. Since I had the wrong outlook.com add I could not verify in the amount of time allowed. The laptop has Windows10 O/S. Iam not sure what steps to perform and in what order to do them in? Would a factory reset
    put me back to the get started prompt? how do I make sure that email on the Microsoft account is still availablel Iam new to this community and would greatly appreciate your help, Thank You, Nick

ricci8357, Jul 2, 2019
  3. ricci8357 Win User

Thank you for your reply to my situation,I started and new Microsoft account and a new Outlook16 account during setup on a new laptop. After picking a email add that was not taken I continued the setup process,not realizing that I entered the wrong email
    add on both Microsoft and Outlook16. It's a mess because all of the trail wear etc. on new laptop also has incorrect Microsoft/Outlook16 emal What I need is know is in what order to attempt to correct this mess?

ricci8357, Jul 2, 2019
  4. entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

Thank you for the additional information. We suggest that you follow these steps to manage your email profile:

• Open Outlook 2016 app.
    • Click on File.
    • Go to Account settings drop down.
    • Select Account Settings...
    • Go to Email tab.
    • Click Change... Here is where you can manage or edit your email profile.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

1. entered email incorrect in new laptop setup - Similar Threads - entered email incorrect

2. I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup: While setting it up my new laptop, I accidentally typed in the wrong email address. How can I correct this? My log in pin worked fine until I did a system update. I can't log into my laptop at all and they send the recovery code to an email address that doesn't exist. I can...
  3. I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup: While setting it up my new laptop, I accidentally typed in the wrong email address. How can I correct this? My log in pin worked fine until I did a system update. I can't log into my laptop at all and they send the recovery code to an email address that doesn't exist. I can...
  4. I have entered email incorrect in new laptop setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Incorrect Administrator Email on Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Administrator Email on Setup: Hello Everyone, Please can someone help me with a problem I have. When setting up my new PC I entered in the incorrect administrator email. Its a gmail account and obviously its now going to someones inbox as it was accepted when setting up. How do I go about correcting this...
  6. Incorrect Administrator Email on Setup

Incorrect Administrator Email on Setup: Hello Everyone, Please can someone help me with a problem I have. When setting up my new PC I entered in the incorrect administrator email. Its a gmail account and obviously its now going to someones inbox as it was accepted when setting up. How do I go about correcting this...
  7. incorrect setup email used in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect setup email used in windows: Hi,I have accidentally missed one character in my setup email account for a new PC. How do I find and edit my setup email for this PC please? I don't want to use additional account names, I need to use the correct email account so I receive emails regarding apps I buy etc I'm...
  8. incorrect setup email used in windows

incorrect setup email used in windows: Hi,I have accidentally missed one character in my setup email account for a new PC. How do I find and edit my setup email for this PC please? I don't want to use additional account names, I need to use the correct email account so I receive emails regarding apps I buy etc I'm...
  9. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  10. Incorrect email entered when got new laptop. Windows 10 on a Lenovo

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect email entered when got new laptop. Windows 10 on a Lenovo: Hello, In setting up my new laptop, I put the incorrect email address in. It initially asked me for a pin number and now that has expired. I have tried every password I would use and its not working. Can't get into the laptop at all. I haven't even used it yet. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I entered the wrong email into this computer how do I change it