Windows 10: Entering a Pin to sign in

Discus and support Entering a Pin to sign in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot login to my microsoft word account as it requires me to provide a pin (that I can't remember). The system advises me to go to the Settings... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Audrey4321, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Entering a Pin to sign in

I cannot login to my microsoft word account as it requires me to provide a pin (that I can't remember). The system advises me to go to the Settings page then the account page and so forth in order to resolve it however, another one of my accounts is logged onto my laptop.

As my account is not the administrator account on my laptop it is asking me for the Pin, again! How am i meant to change the pin from the settings page if I need the pin the access it?

I also tried to add a new pin from the Microsoft office security info page however, it only provides the option to set up an alternative email address or phone number.

Please can you give me a solution as I have been trying to figure this out for nearly an hour now.

:)

Audrey4321, Mar 16, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Entering a Pin to sign in

How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?

Hi Balázs,

There several reasons that may cause the issue. We suggest you check the setting on your computer by following these steps to help us in resolving the issue:

• From the Start menu, click Settings or the gear icon.
    • Go to Account settings.
    • Click the Sign-in options.
    • Make sure that Password option is disabled or removed for you to use only the PIN without you hitting the Enter key.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Entering a Pin to sign in

1. Entering a Pin to sign in - Similar Threads - Entering Pin sign

2. Sign in box is not allowing any PIN to be entered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in box is not allowing any PIN to be entered: I turned on my computer and tried to enter my PIN but nothing showed up in the PIN box. I tied shutting down and back up again but that didn't work either. I don't remember if I changed any settings when I was last on the computer? Now what should I do....
  3. Sign in box is not allowing any PIN to be entered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in box is not allowing any PIN to be entered: I turned on my computer and tried to enter my PIN but nothing showed up in the PIN box. I tied shutting down and back up again but that didn't work either. I don't remember if I changed any settings when I was last on the computer? Now what should I do....
  4. Cant sign in My Pin Entering Input Disapperead

Cant sign in My Pin Entering Input Disapperead: After Restarting my PC I cant enter my PIN any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-my-pin-entering-input-disapperead/783f3013-72be-4753-9aed-605e266b5000
  5. Cant sign in My Pin Entering Input Disapperead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant sign in My Pin Entering Input Disapperead: After Restarting my PC I cant enter my PIN any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-my-pin-entering-input-disapperead/783f3013-72be-4753-9aed-605e266b5000
  6. Unable to enter PIN on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter PIN on sign in: Neither my keyboard on the laptop nor the stand alone keyboard allows me to enter my start up PIN - the only way I can gain access is by resetting the PIN. Then both keyboards work. However when it powers off, the same issue happens. The on screen keyboard does not work...
  7. Unable to enter PIN on sign in

Unable to enter PIN on sign in: Neither my keyboard on the laptop nor the stand alone keyboard allows me to enter my start up PIN - the only way I can gain access is by resetting the PIN. Then both keyboards work. However when it powers off, the same issue happens. The on screen keyboard does not work...
  8. Windows 10 Pro sign in issue. Can't enter my PIN to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Pro sign in issue. Can't enter my PIN to sign in: Windows 10 Pro sign in issue. Can't enter my PIN to sign in not go to Boot options from restarting and pressing F8/F12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-sign-in-issue-cant-enter-my-pin-to/448dd349-d74e-4dec-b1e7-07d7dee92e22
  9. Windows 10 Pro sign in issue. Can't enter my PIN to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro sign in issue. Can't enter my PIN to sign in: Windows 10 Pro sign in issue. Can't enter my PIN to sign in not go to Boot options from restarting and pressing F8/F12 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-sign-in-issue-cant-enter-my-pin-to/448dd349-d74e-4dec-b1e7-07d7dee92e22
  10. Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.: I now use a LOCAL ACCOUNT to sign in to my computers WITHOUT a pin or password, BUT I get email after email telling me to verify my account. I have blocked, designated as junk, reported them as phishing and they still come everyday. I want to see if I start logging in with my...