Windows 10: Entering a SMB share

Discus and support Entering a SMB share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, in W10 i shared a folder and i want to enter them using "ES File Explorer" in Android. From that app i'm requested for user e psw. SMB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gtsolid, Sep 18, 2018.

1. gtsolid Win User

Entering a SMB share

Hi everyone,

in W10 i shared a folder and i want to enter them using "ES File Explorer" in Android.

From that app i'm requested for user e psw.

SMB protocol are active:

Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C
    :\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WindowsOptionalFeature Online FeatureName SMB1Protocol

FeatureName : SMB1Protocol
    DisplayName : SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support
    Description : Support for the SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing protocol, and the Computer Browser protocol.
    RestartRequired : Possible
    State : Enabled
    CustomProperties :
    ServerComponent\Description : Support for the SMB 1.0/CIFS file sharing protocol, and the
    Computer Browser protocol.
    ServerComponent\DisplayName : SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support
    ServerComponent\Id : 487
    ServerComponent\Type : Feature
    ServerComponent\UniqueName : FS-SMB1
    ServerComponent\Deploys\Update\Name : SMB1Protocol

PS C
    :\WINDOWS\system32> Get-SmbServerConfiguration | Select EnableSMB2Protocol

EnableSMB2Protocol
    ------------------
    True

Using "whoami" i know my username, but what about the psw? using the one i use everyday for entering (and that's the same for my hotmail linked account) i don't succeed

:)

gtsolid, Sep 18, 2018

2. Problem connecting to SMB Share on Linux server with Windows 10

Hello All,

Recently my Windows 10 laptop no longer sees the SMB shares on my Unraid 6 server, everything was working fine until a week or so ago. Other Windows 7 machines on the same network have no problem seeing or connecting to the same SMB shares. I did some searching
    on the Web and it was suggested that you try to sign into the computer with a local account rather than a Microsoft account but that did not help. I also tried the registry edit suggested in this post:

Windows 10: Unable to Connect to Samba Shares

This did not help either, I am currently running Windows 10 Home 64 bit on an Asus UX305LB laptop and my last update was KB3093266, I believe I was able to connect to the SMB shares for a while after the update. It's pretty important that I be able to connect
    to the server as I use it to backup the computer, thanks in advance.

DavidMcJunkin, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Windows 10 won't mount Samba share from Debian

Thanks for your quick reply, Mike. I just:

• Unchecked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Checked the "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" Windows feature
    • Rebooted
    • Tried connecting to the Debian server's share
    But it didn't work.

Any other suggestions? In the meantime as a workaround, I see that there's a "Services for NFS" option that I'm going to test out to see if I can get access that way.

SeanKillian, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Glubbish. Win User

Entering a SMB share

problem accessing smb shares from windows 10

With network discovery on, my ubuntu machine is found (named kodi).

If I check on kodi in the network section of file explorer, it shows my shares.

If I doubleclick on one of the shares, a slow green line crosses the top of the screen and eventually gives the 0x800704cf

If I dont touch this popup, then I can access the share normally.

If I cancel or diagnose (which finds nothing) it is not available.

However if I enter \\ip-address at the top of file explorer it finds the shares and they are immediately accessible.

Also if I turn network discovery off, and type \\kodi at the top of file explorer, it works just like using the IP address

I figure this has something to do with dns, but cannot get network discovery to work properly

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Its only been an issue since the upgrade to windows 10.

Method 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Network Adapter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

The issue persists following method 1.

Method 2: Update driver manually.

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Extend Network adapters driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Network driver and click on Update driver Software.

Method 2 shows that the driver is up to date.

Glubbish., Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Entering a SMB share

1. Entering a SMB share - Similar Threads - Entering SMB share

2. SMB share inaccessible from local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB share inaccessible from local network: I have an SMB share just shared through the Properties of the folder on Windows 11. Recently I have been unable to access the share from both linux and Windows 10. I have verified Windows Defender has the rules enabled for NetBIOS and SMB. All devices are on the same subnet...
  3. No Share tab for SMB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Share tab for SMB drive: Hello guys,This is my first time here, and the subject I am asking is quite new so please bear with me.What I am basically want to do is for my Xiaomi CCTV camera to transfer the captured video to my external SSD which I have hooked up to the back of my router.This is the one...
  4. No Share tab for SMB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Share tab for SMB drive: Hello guys,This is my first time here, and the subject I am asking is quite new so please bear with me.What I am basically want to do is for my Xiaomi CCTV camera to transfer the captured video to my external SSD which I have hooked up to the back of my router.This is the one...
  5. Local network / smb shares and notifications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local network / smb shares and notifications: Why is the issue with local share security warnings still a problem? I shouldnot have to click OK in this box every time I touch a file in thesame shared directory. Why, ten years later, is there stillno simple, straightforward way to turn this notification off? without...
  6. Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server

Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server: Hi all, Have been trawling high and low to look at this issue and I know there are some other threads out there that discuss this, but not this specific issue. We have 2 Windows 10 computers, one acting as SMB Server and the other a client sharing an application that...
  7. SMB share credentials

SMB share credentials: Hi, I have a synology unit that is added to the microsoft AD as are all the PCs that access that unit. all the users are members of an AD group that has read/write permissions on a particular folder. When a user tries to access that folder, they get a message "windows...
  8. Unable to access SMB file sharing

Unable to access SMB file sharing: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks...
  9. Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?

Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?: Hello, I installed 10 on a PC with same username & pass as usual. Then from 7 I tried to reach d$ but it ask me pass & login, while normally it doesn't ask any (since it's the same!).. Can't understand that, would you please explain me/us..? Thanks! 33097
  10. SMB to shares on USB storage does not work

SMB to shares on USB storage does not work: I have several usb-connected drives and several SATA drives on a Win7Pro-64 system just upgraded to Win10. The only account on the machine is a local administrator account. On each drive I have a shared folder. Where before I could connect via SMB/Samba from non-Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. entering network at work share

2. SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support not showing windows 8.1?