Windows 10: Entering BIOS through Win10 Advanced Setup not available

Discus and support Entering BIOS through Win10 Advanced Setup not available in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys, I want to enable XMP through the BIOS, but I am currently not able to get into it.The usual way, by pressing DEL/F2 when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheKlngOfEmpires, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Entering BIOS through Win10 Advanced Setup not available

Entering BIOS through Win10 Advanced Setup not available cEnDQ15hn1EqWrZYw0zlUtKpgHV5qk3svQ_L-bw42ZA.jpg

Hey guys,

I want to enable XMP through the BIOS, but I am currently not able to get into it.The usual way, by pressing DEL/F2 when the Mainboard Logo shows up is not possible, cause when I start my Computer it immediately goes into Win10 without giving me the option to do so.

Therefore, I wanted to enter it by Shift clicking on restart, going to troubleshoot -> advanced options -> UEFI Firmware Settings. But, when i go to advanced options it doesnt show the option to get into the bios.

https://preview.redd.it/4tzlkrpb3sd...bp&s=acf76c12baacc76b301fd269a94340319289961a

This is what i get.Roughly translated (top to bottom, left to right):

1. Jump start
    2. Startoptions
    3. CMD
    4. Deinstall updates
    5. System recovery
    6. Systemimage recovery

I was used to have the BIOS option at the point where System recovery is now (where my cursor is at).

Is there any other way to get into bios through win10? Or did they change something in a recent update?

Thanks in advance!

**EDIT**
    I also tried disabling "fast startup" in the power options, but that didnt help.

submitted by /u/TheKlngOfEmpires
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheKlngOfEmpires, Jul 29, 2020

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 29, 2020
  3. entering Bios settings

Hi Geoff,

To access BIOS settings under Windows 10 operating system, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, then click Settings.
    • Click Update & security, select Recovery then under
      Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then Advanced options, then click
      UEFI Firmware Settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Gemzon Mar, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Compumind Win User

Entering BIOS through Win10 Advanced Setup not available

How do I enter BIOS setup - Acer Computer

Strictly FYI -

I agree with NavyLCDR's suggestion, too.

BIOS Keys by Manufacturer

Here's a list of common BIOS keys by brand. Depending on the age of your model, the key may be different.

• ASRock: F2 or DEL
    • ASUS: F2 for all PCs, F2 or DEL for Motherboards
    • Acer: F2 or DEL
    • Dell: F2 or F12
    • ECS: DEL
    • Gigabyte / Aorus: F2 or DEL
    • HP: F10
    • Lenovo (Consumer Laptops): F2 or Fn + F2
    • Lenovo (Desktops): F1
    • Lenovo (ThinkPads): Enter then F1.
    • MSI: DEL for motherboards and PCs
    • Microsoft Surface Tablets: Press and hold volume up button.
    • Origin PC: F2
    • Samsung: F2
    • Toshiba: F2
    • Zotac: DEL
    *chuckle

Compumind, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Entering BIOS through Win10 Advanced Setup not available

1. Entering BIOS through Win10 Advanced Setup not available - Similar Threads - Entering BIOS through

2. cannot access advanced boot to enter bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot access advanced boot to enter bios: I have tried multiple methods of entering advanced boot so I can change settings in bios but every time I try I'm left with a black screen. I've tried doing it direct through windows settings, holding left shift and restarting, and using command prompt but every time I'm left...
  3. cannot access advanced boot to enter bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot access advanced boot to enter bios: I have tried multiple methods of entering advanced boot so I can change settings in bios but every time I try I'm left with a black screen. I've tried doing it direct through windows settings, holding left shift and restarting, and using command prompt but every time I'm left...
  4. How to enter BIOS Setup on Windows PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enter BIOS Setup on Windows PCs: BIOS Basic Input/Output System, is the built-in core processor software responsible for booting up your system.Method #1: Use hotkey during boot-up Acer: F2 or DELASUS: F2 for all PCs, F2 or DEL for motherboardsDell: F2 or F12HP: ESC or F10Lenovo: F2 or Fn + F2Lenovo...
  5. How to enter BIOS Setup on Windows PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter BIOS Setup on Windows PCs: BIOS Basic Input/Output System, is the built-in core processor software responsible for booting up your system.Method #1: Use hotkey during boot-up Acer: F2 or DELASUS: F2 for all PCs, F2 or DEL for motherboardsDell: F2 or F12HP: ESC or F10Lenovo: F2 or Fn + F2Lenovo...
  6. How to enter BIOS Setup on Windows PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot, nor enter safe mode, and it automatically enters BIOS setup. Exiting BIOS...: As mentioned in the title, I'm in absolute shit show. The pc ran well hours ago and now suddenly I'm in this situation. I did install any softwares whatsover and did not recall doing any windows update. Please, if anyone knows what may have been the cause and how to fix it...
  8. "please enter setup to recover BIOS settings"

in Windows 10 Support
    "please enter setup to recover BIOS settings": Hi. I'm getting that message when I boot up. I enter BIOS and then exit without making changes and all is then well. There must be a problem, though, and I've read that it's most likely a dead motherboard battery. But if the battery is dead why is the date and time on my...
  9. Gigabyte MA770-UD3 cannot enter Bios setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gigabyte MA770-UD3 cannot enter Bios setup: Guys, Tried everything I could find on this and other forums to make possible entering into my Bios setup. I have Gigabyte MA770T-UD3, rev 1.5 and Bios version F10 and whatever I tried by hitting Del key during boot I got black screen with cursor blinking on top left corner....
  10. Gigabyte MA770-UD3 cannot enter Bios setup

in Windows 10 Support
    Gigabyte MA770-UD3 cannot enter Bios setup: Guys, Tried everything I could find on this and other forums to make possible entering into my Bios setup. I ahve Gigabyte MA770T-UD3, rev 1.5 and Bios version F10 and whatever I tried I got black screen with cursor blinking on top left corner. Yes, I tried CMOS reset,...