Windows 10: Entering password or email address on wed sites flips screen to desktop

Discus and support Entering password or email address on wed sites flips screen to desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Suddenly when I enter my email address or a password when requested by a web site my screen flips to my desktop with my icons. Log in to my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jlmilleraqrinc, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Entering password or email address on wed sites flips screen to desktop

Suddenly when I enter my email address or a password when requested by a web site my screen flips to my desktop with my icons. Log in to my computer and accessing web sites is no problem. Entering data, email or passwords on a web page or app instantly flips me to my desktop. This came out of the blue and will not go away.

:)

jlmilleraqrinc, Feb 23, 2020

2. Highlight the missed phone call number and opened email address out of multiple numbers or addresses!

Hi HansiLiu,

First, when sending an email to a contact and you start typing their name, Windows Phone should list out all the emails for that contact, in the order they are listed in the Contact Card. So the first email address would be the one you set first. If you
    want them in a different order, re-enter them in the Contact Card.

Second, you are correct as I opened a Sent email and could not determine which email address I used. However, I always select the first email address in the list, knowing that I've already sorted the order of my contacts' email address (personal, work,
    other, ...). The best solution is to add this suggestion to be able to detect which specific email was used to the official

Windows Phone Feature Suggestions box

Third, when you look at your phone history, it should read something like this:

Contact Name
    Missed call, Wed 11:31p, Mobile

(999) 999-9999
    Missed call, Wed 11:31p

In the 1st example above, Mobile is the number they called from, according to my contact information for that person. In the 2nd example, someone called me that was not on my contact list.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

Entering password or email address on wed sites flips screen to desktop

Another Major Email & Password Breach

It's not just that, but sites need certain information any how, to improve usability, and user experience.

But as for email addresses and passwords, even Troy Hunt, the guy who owns HIBP, said he has seen some of his (older) email addresses and passwords on these lists*chuckle

Cliff S, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Entering password or email address on wed sites flips screen to desktop

1. Entering password or email address on wed sites flips screen to desktop - Similar Threads - Entering password email

2. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I did a stupid thing today. The way the primary email address for my account was spelled with caps has been bugging me and today I decided to change it. The email was ******@msn.com and the ****** was all caps. Since I could not just change it, I added another alias which was...
  3. Is it only email address or with password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it only email address or with password: I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft agent, she asked me for my Microsoft email address or Microsoft email address...
  4. Is it only email address or with password

Is it only email address or with password: I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft agent, she asked me for my Microsoft email address or Microsoft email address...
  5. Can't change the password for my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't change the password for my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address...: I know what my present *** Email address is removed for privacy *** password is, and it works fine. All I want to do it change that password to a new one.So I invoke Windows Live Mail, then: ACCOUNTS > PROPERTIES > SERVERSUnder the category "Incoming Mail Server" there is a...
  6. wed camera

wed camera: not working code 0xa00f4245 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wed-camera/65b7de97-8d5b-4b7e-99ab-28d367c5aaac
  7. Microsoft Password Email Address Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Password Email Address Change: I have many files and folders on onedrive. I would like to change eventually delete my primary alias. I intend on creating a second alias and make that my primary before eventually deleting my original primary alias. With that being said, I surely do not want to lose and...
  8. FLIPPED SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    FLIPPED SCREEN: My screen is flipped and Ctrl alt arrow up will not fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flipped-screen/e53d7aa2-a6e4-4d32-ba2e-ce6bc97f4ab3
  9. Forced to enter password to view emails

Forced to enter password to view emails: I am being forced to enter a Google password when I try to access emails on my computer. I was forced to create a new Google password yesterday on my phone, I can't remember why. I never had to enter a password to view emails before. When I enter the new password I am...
  10. Email Address & Password Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email Address & Password Problem: Hi there, I am trying to reset my password but the email address I am registered with no longer exists! Can you help me please? Tish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/email-address-password-problem/8e759ad8-7e5b-4bd9-a2e0-599b65a8de94"