Windows 10: Entering Router password every time

Discus and support Entering Router password every time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On both a leveno and acer aspire I have to find the router in "available networks" and then sign onto the router before it will connect to the wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Duane and EileenThede, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Entering Router password every time

On both a leveno and acer aspire I have to find the router in "available networks" and then sign onto the router before it will connect to the wireless internet every time my computer sleeps or restarts. This just started this past week. Any way to get it to connect automatically? The box to connect automatically is checked.

:)

Duane and EileenThede, Aug 20, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 20, 2018
  3. oherb40 Win User
    Impossibility on Win 10 of entering new router password on tablet without keyboard

When attempting to enter the password to a router on my tablet, touching the keyboard icon causes the list of routers to disappear. Using a keyboard solved the problem, but situations occur (e.g., in a restaurant) when one needs to enter a password when
    a keyboard isn't available.

oherb40, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Entering Router password every time

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

• Launch Control Panel.
    • Click "Network and Internet."
    • Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    • Click "Wi-Fi...."
    • Click "Wireless Properties."
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Check "Show characters."
    • Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Entering Router password every time

1. Entering Router password every time - Similar Threads - Entering Router password

2. New Password Every Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Password Every Time: Dear Microsoft,Why are you the worst? You have billions of dollars, and I've been forced to use your products for most of my life now, and every single moment has been nothing but Hell. Somehow every product you make is trash, every decision you make is moronic, and every day...
  3. New Password Every Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Password Every Time: Dear Microsoft,Why are you the worst? You have billions of dollars, and I've been forced to use your products for most of my life now, and every single moment has been nothing but Hell. Somehow every product you make is trash, every decision you make is moronic, and every day...
  4. Required account password every time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Required account password every time: When I sign in to my computer, it requires my account password and suggests to set a windows pinand I don't want thisevery time I open my computer it always asks me to enter password how to stopthis????...
  5. Required account password every time

Required account password every time: When I sign in to my computer, it requires my account password and suggests to set a windows pinand I don't want thisevery time I open my computer it always asks me to enter password how to stopthis????...
  6. Dhcp expires every hour and resets the whole router every time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dhcp expires every hour and resets the whole router every time: I have a netgear r7350 and the lease time is one hour and when it expires my internet restarts every hour. Can anyone help? I can't seem to find a way to change the time. Thank you!!!!...
  7. Windows Opening Time After Entering Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Opening Time After Entering Password: When I power up my PC or restart, I immediately see the login screen. However, when I enter my password login screen stays same for some time, it was not like that before last week. I have Samsung EVO 870 500gb SSD which have windows installed in it, but the remaining storage...
  8. Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail

Have to enter my password every time I go into Mail: Split from this thread. Since the last update I have to enter my password every time I go into Mail or Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-to-enter-my-password-every-time-i-go-into/133d0249-537f-4ea7-809f-365548c2b651
  9. Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time: I have a Windows 10 computer with several accounts. How can users switch between accounts without having to enter a password every time? Thanks....
  10. Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entered Incorrect Password too many times, but never entered password: Recently I have started receiving a message about entering an incorrect password and having to put A1B2C3 before trying again, but I never tried to put a password in to begin with. My computer will 'sleep' and then the message of "too many incorrect tries" appears, Does this...