Windows 10: Entering the correct password but being told its incorrect.

Discus and support Entering the correct password but being told its incorrect. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I changed my password last night on my laptop, woke up this morning and signed into my local account fine with my new password after putting it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cindy_339, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Cindy_339 Win User

Entering the correct password but being told its incorrect.

I changed my password last night on my laptop, woke up this morning and signed into my local account fine with my new password after putting it to sleep I use my laptop again in the afternoon, with the same password I entered this morning but it keeps telling me I have entered the incorrect password although I know for sure that its correct. I have tried:

• using an onscreen keyboard
    • entering my previous password
    • rebooting my laptop several times
    • starting my laptop in safe mode
    • changed the keyboard layout
    • used the eye icon to check everytime that the correct password has been enetered

I have made sure that num lock is on everytime I try signing in and caps lock is off and not affecting the password I type in. I have read several articles but despite my laptop running Windows 10 Home upgraded from Windows 8 which my laptop had when I bought it I think due to my older model of laptop my sign in screen looks different to those mentioned in the articles e.g. I dont have a power button icon on the right hand corner of my sign in screen. I dont want to factory reset and I have tried the on-screen prompts for resetting my password, which does not work because I didn't create a password reset disk beforehand, when I could still sign-in to my laptop.

If anyone can help me solve this situation it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Cindy

:)

Cindy_339, Apr 27, 2020

2. I enter my password but I see it is incorrect although it is correct

I enter my password but I see it is incorrect although it is correct 100 % .... please advice

AhmedMarcom, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Incorrect Password with correct password!

So this is new. I refreshed my PC due to some odd issues and relinstalled some needed drivers. One being for my Netgear A6210 (which has been giving me troubles in the past like failing to connect to the network when waking up from sleep).

So my A6210 has no issue connecting to my 2.4Ghz network but now (which it didn't used to do before) it tells me my password for my 5G network is incorrect even though I know for a fact it is correct. My phone at the same distance as my wireless adapter connect to the 5G network with the same pass. I even changed the pass and had my phone connect to it again but the A6210 just fails to accept the pass. Windows just keeps telling me its incorrect.

I couldn't find much searching the web on this. Most say to reset router but the router is ok (since my phone can connect). I tried re installing the driver for it but issue persists.

To make sure it isn't some keyboard fault I copy the password exactly as it is set in the router's wireless setting page and paste it when it asks for the key.

AphexDreamer, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Entering the correct password but being told its incorrect.

Correct password is ‘incorrect’

Hello Amy,

In line with your concern, I would suggest to try using all the passwords you've used in the past and check if it lets you proceed starting in Safe Mode. Also, to better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the error message that you're getting when you've experienced the blue screen error?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Entering the correct password but being told its incorrect.

1. Entering the correct password but being told its incorrect. - Similar Threads - Entering correct password

2. Laptop is telling me the password is incorrect despite it being correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is telling me the password is incorrect despite it being correct: Hi I am hoping someone can help. I recently found my old Acer Aspire E15 in storage and was hoping to recover my photos from it. From what I've gathered its running on windows 8.1. I haven't used this laptop in 6/7 yrs, so naturally I have forgotten my password. I followed...
  3. Laptop is telling me the password is incorrect despite it being correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is telling me the password is incorrect despite it being correct: Hi I am hoping someone can help. I recently found my old Acer Aspire E15 in storage and was hoping to recover my photos from it. From what I've gathered its running on windows 8.1. I haven't used this laptop in 6/7 yrs, so naturally I have forgotten my password. I followed...
  4. How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?: My lenovo laptop runs on Windows 10. Today when I started my laptop by pressing power button and enter the correct password to login, it shows incorrect password. I took help from utube to fixed this problem but every effort went in vain....
  5. How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?

How to login my laptop after entering correct password but it shows incorrect password?: My lenovo laptop runs on Windows 10. Today when I started my laptop by pressing power button and enter the correct password to login, it shows incorrect password. I took help from utube to fixed this problem but every effort went in vain....
  6. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....: I also don’t have Wi-Fi even though my Ethernet cable is connected and my Wi-Fi is working. I’ve tried: Holding shift key while holding the Power button then RestartAdvanced Recovery Options menu appearsTroubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings Restart Tried 4 & 5 to...
  7. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....: I also don’t have Wi-Fi even though my Ethernet cable is connected and my Wi-Fi is working. I’ve tried: Holding shift key while holding the Power button then RestartAdvanced Recovery Options menu appearsTroubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings Restart Tried 4 & 5 to...
  8. Can’t login to Windows user when entering password correctly “the password is incorrect....

9. Correct words are being labeled as incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Correct words are being labeled as incorrect: Hello, When working on documents in Office, apps on Windows 10, and even the new Edge browser, I've noticed some correct spelling of words are identified as being incorrect. Is there a fix? Thank you....
  10. continually being told my password is incorrect despite changing it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    continually being told my password is incorrect despite changing it.: My password login was disabled. Suddenly yesterday I was asked to provide a password to login to my pc. I created a new password but am being told every time I try to login that my password is incorrect. I have tried disabling it again with no success. What is going on here....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error message when entering yahoo password to phone