Windows 10: Entering to a global windows defender whitelist

Discus and support Entering to a global windows defender whitelist in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all, I was wondering if there is a global whitelist for the windows defender, and if so, is there a way to submit an application for review?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shaharsprontz, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Entering to a global windows defender whitelist

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a global whitelist for the windows defender,
    and if so, is there a way to submit an application for review?

:)

shaharsprontz, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

According to Windows Defender DDU has Malware in it.

Add DDU to the exclusion list either from there or the settings for Defender. Then you'll be fine. I've used DDU for years, and as-long-as you downloaded it from a reputable source you should be fine. If they offer MD5 hash checks that might be worth doing to make sure though if you're concerned your version is malicious.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=Windows+Defender+how+to+whitelist

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Firewall Whitelist application names

The names of the applications in my Windows Defender whitelist are unintelligible jargon. Is this normal now?

To be able to view the proper name of the app in the whitelist I have to click details.

Tried sfc /scannow but it's still the same. Any ideas?

Version 1709

OS BUILD 16299.64

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

Soft Micro Apple, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Entering to a global windows defender whitelist

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Entering to a global windows defender whitelist

1. Entering to a global windows defender whitelist - Similar Threads - Entering global defender

2. windows defender keeps blocking salad even though its whitelisted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender keeps blocking salad even though its whitelisted: i downloaded salad recently and windows defender keeps blocking it. its really annoying because its whitelisted but its still doing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-keeps-blocking-salad-even-though/a1ea25ef-74d4-44f4-acf9-32910167b2ca
  3. windows defender keeps blocking salad even though its whitelisted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender keeps blocking salad even though its whitelisted: i downloaded salad recently and windows defender keeps blocking it. its really annoying because its whitelisted but its still doing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-keeps-blocking-salad-even-though/a1ea25ef-74d4-44f4-acf9-32910167b2ca
  4. Remove windows defender globally from all servers in domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove windows defender globally from all servers in domain: What would be the best, fastest , most efficient way to remove Windows Defender from all servers on my domain? I have been trying to use a scripted PS solution that will query the DC to determine the OS of each server, and if the server is 2016 or newer to check if Defender...
  5. Windows Defender Whitelist and Volume Shadow Copy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Whitelist and Volume Shadow Copy: In order to troubleshoot a network issue I downloaded netcat ncat.exe. Windows Defender classifies this as a "hack tool" and attempts to quarantine it. It is not malware, it is a network debugging tool. I was able to whitelist the executable. However, it now appears in...
  6. Windows defender blocking my application - how to whitelist for users?

Windows defender blocking my application - how to whitelist for users?: I've created an application for a MMO that I've maintained for over 10 years. All of a sudden, users are reporting that Windows Defender is flagging it as suspicious. The detection line says PAU:Win32/CoinMiner. I've scanned my computer with Webroot and Windows defender...
  7. Whitelist URL/Domain in Microsoft Defender SmartScreen

Whitelist URL/Domain in Microsoft Defender SmartScreen: Hi Team, We, Zoho Docs are a Cloud based Document Management Software provided by Zoho Corporation; check this link - https://www.zoho.com/docs/ for more details. Our product has a feature which allows files/folders uploaded to Docs and can be shared to everyone on the...
  8. Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender?

Is there a way to whitelist a file or entire flash drive in Defender?: Is there a way to whitelist a file, folder or entire flash drive in/from Defender? Every time I open the folder to software *I* have written, Defender flags much of the contents as a "Potential threat" and quarantines them. Ditto for a flashdrive I store all my utilities on...
  9. How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall?

How do I whitelist addresses blocked by Windows Defender Firewall?: My Windows 10 is blocking Internet access to certain Web sites. Every time this happens, a notification about "virus & threat protection connection blocked" notification pops up. If I disable WDFW, I could get to the destinations in question. I don't want to have to repeat...
  10. Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application

Error launcing Windows Defender whitelisted application: Hello, I was pointed here by an MS rep during a live chat and I am not sure if it is the right place (or category) but here goes. I am launching a standalone exe (test version) of a visual designer and generating the following error: "Error message is: Access Violation at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow or block url Windows Defender Firewall.

2. Windows 10 Forums > AntiVirus Firewalls and System Security > False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks Windows 10: False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks Discus and support False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks in AntiVirus Firewalls and Syst

3. does windows defender browser protection have a whitelist