Windows 10: Entering Unicode Hexidecimal to get special characters which are also found in the...

Discus and support Entering Unicode Hexidecimal to get special characters which are also found in the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I saw a couple of posts where people were asking how to enter the Unicode numbers, and the special advisor gave incorrect information and locked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by François Marie Arouet, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Entering Unicode Hexidecimal to get special characters which are also found in the...

I saw a couple of posts where people were asking how to enter the Unicode numbers, and the special advisor gave incorrect information and locked the threads so that the information could not be disputed, although the correct information can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...aracters-d13f58d3-7bcb-44a7-a4d5-972ee12e50e0

Long story short, one types the actual code without the U or the + first, just the four character digit/letter combination, then hold down Alt, press the letter X, and let go of Alt, and the special character appears. If you need anymore information, click on the link above.

:)

François Marie Arouet, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Fafhrd Win User

How to type unicode characters in Windows 10?

I haven't the right keyboard available on my laptop, so I can't test this, but the way we used to do it was:

1. Press and hold down the Alt key.
    2. Press the + (plus) key on the numeric keypad.
    3. Type the hexidecimal unicode value.
    4. Release the Alt key.
    This comes from:

How to enter Unicode characters in Microsoft Windows

Which leads on to this small utility:

UnicodeInput - a utility to enter Unicode characters on Microsoft Windows

Which I also cannot test.

In Microsoft Word,there must be numerous published macros for handling Unicode - some will be better than others - just go to:

microsoft word unicode macro - Google Search

for loads of links.

Fafhrd, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    How To Enter Unicode in Win10?

That's what I also mentioned in my Post #7 above. It works. *Smile

Compumind, Jul 8, 2020
  4. abrogard Win User

Entering Unicode Hexidecimal to get special characters which are also found in the...

How To Enter Unicode in Win10?

Well my solution is to download and install the little utility in 'unicodeinput.zip' downloadable from
    'Fileformat.info' and I got to it following a link in an earlier post. From Lance1 I think.

It causes Alt + to pop up a window into which you can enter the unicode. So with a window open listing all the codes to refer to I'm pretty right. It should be a Win10 feature but if it is I haven't found it yet.

Here's the link to where I found the utility: UnicodeInput - a utility to enter Unicode characters on Microsoft Windows

abrogard, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Entering Unicode Hexidecimal to get special characters which are also found in the...

1. Entering Unicode Hexidecimal to get special characters which are also found in the... - Similar Threads - Entering Unicode Hexidecimal

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  4. Unicode characters in console

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unicode characters in console: Hi, I recently switched from Mac OSX to Windows 10 and installed WSL + Debian 10; my default shell is zsh and using ohmyzsh to improve the UX of the shell. I just noticed that unicode characters are not supported and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this. Thanks....
  5. Fonts/Unicode Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts/Unicode Characters: So I was deleting some preinstalled fonts like Microsoft fonts and things like Arial Bold. The reason I did this is because there are a lot of preinstalled fonts and I'm always downloading new fonts for creative purposes. I deleted a bunch of these fonts so that it would be...
  6. Type a Unicode Character

in Windows 10 Support
    Type a Unicode Character: Hello, I am using Win 10 version 2004 and build 19041.388. If I try to enter a Unicode character via the method Alt + <hex number>, then I do get a character but it is the wrong one. For example if I enter 2212 it give a 'n' with a squiggle on top whereas it should return...
  7. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  8. Special characters get activated automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Special characters get activated automatically: Hello all, I'm using a laptop powered by Windows 10. In the last few days, I've seen my keyboard switch to special characters (like à') without any external input. Luckily, I've found that using fn + NumLock solves this problem but after a few seconds/minutes this problem...
  9. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...