Windows 10: Entire computer ran ridiculously fast.

Discus and support Entire computer ran ridiculously fast. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm not sure where I should post this exactly. It's not an error nor a recent issue, more of a question out of curiosity. Back when Windows 7 came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gettheclicker, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Entire computer ran ridiculously fast.

I'm not sure where I should post this exactly. It's not an error nor a recent issue, more of a question out of curiosity.

Back when Windows 7 came out I had a room mate who got me into building custom PC's from the ground up. On his particular build he encountered something strange. I do not know what parts he used or setup configuration. It happened by accident. As soon as you powered up the rig it just took off like a bolt of lighting. Within seconds it fully booted. The clock ran way too fast. Hours were split seconds. Blink and the screen saver turned itself on. There was literally nothing he could do while in windows. The fix was some where in the BIOS.

I want to know what caused his rig to react like that? Could it be controlled to work within the boot cycle?

:)

gettheclicker, Jan 22, 2017

2. Windows 10 update

I have the same thing going on . It has ruined an entire day of work.The computer apparently updated itself overnight. Since I didn't know what happened and the little balls in the circle kept spinning for quite some time in the morning, I did a restart.
    It took 2 restarts for it to say "restoring your previous version of windows". I didn't realize what had happened, so windows update ran again and I'm still having the same behavior. It is ridiculous for it to have so totally broken my computer.

NicoleSharma, Jan 22, 2017
  3. Start Menu & Cortana not working on my Acer Aspire V5-571P Version 1511 OS Build 10586.164

If the system restore went so fast, then your computer is fast enough.

But mostly, the CPU (GHz) and installed Memory (RAM) usable (GB),

is also a factor to be considered when it comes to slow of faster.

AS for DISM, that is entirely your choice!.

SomeHope_1, Jan 22, 2017
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Entire computer ran ridiculously fast.

Exactly what are you hoping to accomplish?

LMiller7, Jan 22, 2017
  5. An SSD boot speed with an SSHD or HDD

6. LMiller7 Win User
    That isn't going to happen.

LMiller7, Jan 22, 2017
  7. Probably not, just kicks and giggles is all really.

8. caperjack Win User

I have loaded 100's of computer in past years ,and never see a computer that acted like you describe happened to your friends computer ,and have never ever read a forum post by anyone looking for help to fix one that acted that way ,lol

caperjack, Jan 22, 2017
  9. Usethis2 Win User
    It has to do with RTC (real time clock) in the BIOS which may be corrupted. Or it may be the CMOS battery on the motherboard (coin cell battery) is acting up. If the former, clearing the CMOS and restarting the BIOS to its default should usually suffice. For the latter, change the battery and clear the CMOS as well.

Usethis2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Entire computer ran ridiculously fast. - Similar Threads - Entire computer ran

2. computer fast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer fast: I got a new computer. It is a gift since I just graduated. Its not totally new and it is a second hand Windows 10. It is not fast enough. I want to improve the performance of it. How can I do that?...
  3. computer fast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer fast: I got a new computer. It is a gift since I just graduated. Its not totally new and it is a second hand Windows 10. It is not fast enough. I want to improve the performance of it. How can I do that?...
  4. computer fast

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Absolute ridiculousness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolute ridiculousness: Hi! So, in the last month or two, my computer has been having extremely long periods of time on the 'Welcome' screen. I'm still using Windows 10, as my device was apparently 'not able to update' to 11.Anyways, the times on the 'Welcome' screen have consistently taken between...
  6. Absolute ridiculousness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Absolute ridiculousness: Hi! So, in the last month or two, my computer has been having extremely long periods of time on the 'Welcome' screen. I'm still using Windows 10, as my device was apparently 'not able to update' to 11.Anyways, the times on the 'Welcome' screen have consistently taken between...
  7. Absolute ridiculousness

8. ridiculous cheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ridiculous cheating: Just saw someone finished a 20 game event in an absurd time of 4.2 seconds per game. Why does Microsoft allow these cheaters to play? When they see an absolute cheat they should remove their account. These same games took me an hour and 10 minutes and they finished all 20 in...
  9. My computer ran into BSOD

My computer ran into BSOD: My computer started crashing occasionally. Sometimes it freezes. I tried to roll back to the restore point and everything seemed to be sorted out. However the next day the issue re-occurred and the PC got frozen so I had to do a hard reset. I got a message that it is a...
  10. Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify): So, I've been having this issue ever since I got my new laptop (Lenovo L340). In certain apps, namely Steam and Spotify. The two-finger scrolling on the touchpad gets ridiculously fast. Moving your fingers down by a literal millimeter sends you down to the bottom of almost...