Windows 10: Entire Data Drive Wiped after doing the "Windows storage freeup" program

Discus and support Entire Data Drive Wiped after doing the "Windows storage freeup" program in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What are my options? Windows detected my entire Data drive. What are my options? I have not saved anything so I know my data is still there. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Elizabeth (School of, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Entire Data Drive Wiped after doing the "Windows storage freeup" program

What are my options? Windows detected my entire Data drive. What are my options? I have not saved anything so I know my data is still there. The "file history" option was not turned on so it is not an option. I have a system restore point -- that was 3 days ago, but it would not change the "data files" correct.

Elgen Hillman

:)

Elizabeth (School of, Apr 4, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Thermaltake America Launches FreeUp Program

Get lost, thermaltake. This is a superficial imitation of Noctua's initiative, with very narrow terms and conditions.
    • It is applicable to very few coolers in Thermaltake's lineup
    • Only for North America
    • Thermaltake product must be purchased on or after September 1st 2011 to qualify for the FreeUp program (wtf?)
    It betrays a bad intent, that the "free LGA2011 upgrade" plank is being used purely for larger brand-cleanup.

Noctua's free LGA2011 upgrade is available for customers even in Afghanistan and North Korea, and covers virtually all Noctua cooler models, and you can have a Noctua cooler you purchased way back in 2006 and still avail its free upgrade. Match this or gtfo (don't come up with a phony "free upgrade" program).

btarunr, Apr 4, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Thermaltake America Launches FreeUp Program

The process and anticipation of upgrading to the latest processor has always been some of the most exciting times for every PC enthusiast. But along with the excitement, users are often faced with various decisions such as which motherboard to get, is a memory upgrade needed or will a new CPU cooler have to be purchased? While Thermaltake cannot make most of those decisions for you, if you currently own or are planning to purchase any of the following Thermaltake performance coolers listed below, you will be in good hands. In order to better serve our customers, Thermaltake is proud to announce the Thermaltake FreeUp Program.

The upcoming Intel Sandy Bridge-E processors will be based on socket LGA-2011 as evident from the recent Intel Developer Forum (IDF) conference. Thermaltake is here to ensure that our current and future customers of Thermaltake cooling solutions will have access to the newest technology without the hassle of trying to mock up new mounting or purchasing a new cooler entirely. The LGA-2011 upgrade mounting hardware will be provided free of charge to anyone who has purchased a qualified cooler on or after September 1st 2011. Thermaltake will be incorporating the new LGA-2011 kit into all LGA-2011 compatible coolers in both retail and e-tail space once the Intel Sandy Bridge-E processor launch is confirmed, but this program is to ensure that anyone who supports Thermaltake brands by choosing the qualified cooler as their solution will have the LGA 2011 mounting available to them when they make their purchase or in the case that the cooler may have been in store before the changeover. Thermaltake wants to ensure you can upgrade and use your recently purchased cooler with no worries about future compatibility.

Entire Data Drive Wiped after doing the "Windows storage freeup" program 99a_thm.jpg

For those who have purchased a LGA 2011 qualified coolers prior to September 1st, 2011 and are planning on upgrading, Thermaltake will also be making the LGA-2011 kit available for purchase separately. This will ensure that no matter the timeframe, anyone can upgrade to the newest platform with a minimum amount of hassle.

Among various physical attribute changes, the most notable difference is that there are no “pass-through” holes for the mounting mechanism. On the LGA-1155/1156 and LGA-1366 motherboard, the mounting retention would pass through the motherboard and be retained by either plastic push pins or a variation of backplate and mounting screw combination depending upon the cooler used. With the LGA-2011 socket, the main load mechanism to retain the CPU in the socket also has threaded tabs which are where the cooler will be mounted. This will require a change to present cooler mounting for compatibility and Thermaltake has a solution to ensure you can upgrade to this socket with just a minor hardware change.

Intel LGA-2011 compatible coolers:
    • Thermaltake Bigwater 760 Plus
    • Thermaltake Frio OCK
    • Thermaltake Frio
    • Thermaltake Contac 30
    To claim your free LGA-2011 mounting upgrade kit:
    • To apply, please visit this page
    • Submit required information to claim your mounting hardware kit
    Terms and Conditions for the Thermaltake FreeUp Program:
    • FreeUp product will be shipped shortly after launch of the LGA 2011 processor
    • FreeUp eligibility requires proof of purchase of:
      a. Qualified Thermaltake LGA 2011 compatible cooling solution
      b. LGA-2011 compatible motherboard or processor
    • FreeUp product can take up to 2 weeks for shipping depending upon location
    • Qualified Thermaltake product must be purchased on or after September 1st 2011 to qualify for the FreeUp program
    • The Thermaltake FreeUp Program is only available for customers in North America.

btarunr, Apr 4, 2019
  4. NTM2003 Win User

Entire Data Drive Wiped after doing the "Windows storage freeup" program

Upgrading my data drive HDD

I am not the one actually set it up for me I had geek squad do it for me because I didn't want to mess it up. but the folders that are listed in the data drive is
    program data
    steam
    users
    windows apps
    razar soft wear

NTM2003, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Entire Data Drive Wiped after doing the "Windows storage freeup" program

1. Entire Data Drive Wiped after doing the "Windows storage freeup" program - Similar Threads - Entire Data Drive

2. Entire Documents folder wiped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entire Documents folder wiped: Hi. After restarting my PC, my entire Documents folder has been wiped, losing 20 GB of my project files. Was there a reason for this happening? I hadn't touched it and it just vanished. It wasn't hidden and I wasn't in a temporary user account. Using data recovery software...
  3. Entire Documents folder wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entire Documents folder wiped: Hi. After restarting my PC, my entire Documents folder has been wiped, losing 20 GB of my project files. Was there a reason for this happening? I hadn't touched it and it just vanished. It wasn't hidden and I wasn't in a temporary user account. Using data recovery software...
  4. Completely wipe all One Drive Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely wipe all One Drive Data: HelloGot a users who's One Drive Sync got a little messed up. He's got duplicates everywhere. Not sure how it happened.All his data has been backed up and sanitized on a network drive.I want completely remove all data from One drive Cloud and PC so I can restore the correct...
  5. Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?: I need to reset my windows 10 and i have no problem with clearing all apps and data on my C drive where windows is installed. But i want my data on other drives safe. If i select delete all data option while resetting, will i still get my files on other drives ?...
  6. Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive Encryption and Secure Data Wiping: Okay, A new set of questions! I have a 240GB SSD with Win 10 Pro, Ver. 2004, Build 19041.329 - running as sweet as a nut. First questions. I plan to dual-boot Linux Mint Mate 19.3 alongside the Windows installation in a separate partition (offered as part of the Linux...
  7. Storage Drive Wiped after Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Drive Wiped after Fresh Install: FIrst post here guys. So I just done a fresh w10 install from an old one as it had been a while and was slowing down alot. So i done my fresh install. Huge noob mistake that I didnt disconnect my storage drive (3tb sata). Now in my computer I saw my other storage drives, but...
  8. Data wipe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data wipe: So I was wondering if I restart windows via wipe all data future how much disk space will windows take? submitted by /u/isusbog45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2c59/data_wipe/
  9. Will using Storage Spaces wipe out data already on external drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will using Storage Spaces wipe out data already on external drive?: Windows 10 says i am low on space and suggests using Storage Spaces. I have an external hard drive with lots of space that I was going to use, rather than buy another drive. Will moving data to save space from my PC to the drive work if there is already data on the external,...
  10. Will a clean install securely wipe the entire hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will a clean install securely wipe the entire hard drive?: If I want to completely and securely wipe my hard drive so that there is nothing recoverable left, will a clean win 10 install with formatting do this? Or do I need to first use killdisk or something similar to wipe the drive, then install windows? if I use a tool like...