Windows 10: Entire Desktop Deleted

Discus and support Entire Desktop Deleted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am using a Dell Inspirion 7386 on Windows 10. I downloaded this battery manager called BatteryBar Pro, which I mistakenly downloaded onto my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZacCain, May 25, 2020.

1. ZacCain Win User

Entire Desktop Deleted

Hello,

I am using a Dell Inspirion 7386 on Windows 10. I downloaded this battery manager called BatteryBar Pro, which I mistakenly downloaded onto my desktop. I promptly clicked uninstall so I could redownload it to the right folder, and it ended up deleting and uninstalling my entire desktop. All it shows is recycling bin, and it will not even let me move it. When I open up my files, I cannot click on the "desktop" button. Can someone please help me ASAP? I don't know if it can be restored or if I just need to reinstall the entire driver. If you can please help!

Thank you!

:)

ZacCain, May 25, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 25, 2020
  3. How can i restore my accidental deletion of about 1/2 of my desktop icons

Hi,

Since your desktop icons are not in the Recycle Bin, we suggest that you create a new shortcut for your preferred applications. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop > New > Shortcut.
    • Enter the path of the application you want to create an icon or select Browse... > click OK > Next > Finish.
    Note: If the deleted icons on your desktops are not shortcuts, but are saved files, it may be possible to retrieve them if they are saved in OneDrive.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regile Reb, May 25, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Entire Desktop Deleted

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Entire Desktop Deleted

1. Entire Desktop Deleted - Similar Threads - Entire Desktop Deleted

2. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop: I was trying to make more space on my computer and ended up deleting my Onedrive folder, I looked at my desktop and saw that everything was gone. I'm trying to get those files back, they aren't on my Onedrive on the website because I never upgraded my storage space. There's...
  3. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop: I was trying to make more space on my computer and ended up deleting my Onedrive folder, I looked at my desktop and saw that everything was gone. I'm trying to get those files back, they aren't on my Onedrive on the website because I never upgraded my storage space. There's...
  4. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Renaming Files Selects/Deletes Entire Filename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming Files Selects/Deletes Entire Filename: This problem has bugs the He__ out of me. When renaming a file or folder in Windows 10 file explorer, I click on the filename and while I am adding a word, or number and as I'm typing, Windows automatically re-selects the entire filename, which, of course when I type another...
  6. The Entire icons on Desktop Disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Entire icons on Desktop Disappeared: Good evening folks. Please how do I recover the entire icons that disappeared when I was trying to copy an app to a USB plugged into the system. For now, l am using Tablet mode. Thank you in advance...
  7. Deleting entire Calendar, or all entries

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Deleting entire Calendar, or all entries: I've got a lot of duplicates as something went wrong importing from another calendar. I want either the entire calendar deleted, so I can start all over again, or all entries. The tutorial on removing entries, see "Remove items from your calendar"...
  8. Deleting One Drive folder deleted my entire desktop+files. Restoring failed and my storage...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting One Drive folder deleted my entire desktop+files. Restoring failed and my storage...: So, this is going to be bizarre today and...please mind me, I don't know some specifics like how much space I had before. 1. Wanted to clear out some space. I was puzzled what was taking up so much gbs on my 220 gbs usable total, I believe--256 is technical laptop. I...
  9. Deleted entire registry folder.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted entire registry folder.: So I was messing around with the pc and I found the registry. I deleted one of the folders which was Hkey_Local_Machine. After that I try to open safari and it said no memory. Then my pc shut down and went to automatic repair. The log file said:...
  10. delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail: How do I delete entire contents of deleted folder in Windows 10 mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-entire-contents-of-deleted-folder-in/4dd26600-eb12-4172-91c6-ed25dbace914