Windows 10: Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared.

Discus and support Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last night I installed a program to try in to that folder and uninstalled it a few hours later, I must not have set up the folder properly because when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FacultyManBruce, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared.

Last night I installed a program to try in to that folder and uninstalled it a few hours later, I must not have set up the folder properly because when I uninstalled the program it deleted the entire folder with other programs in it. Now I can't find the folder and can't uninstall the programs that were also inside of it through the Windows 10 Add/Remove Programs. Is there any way to recover the folder and if there isn't, how do I remove these ghost programs?

:)

FacultyManBruce, Aug 17, 2019
  2. KR1021 Win User

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Aug 17, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared. upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared.

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared.

1. Entire folder on D: drive has disappeared. - Similar Threads - Entire folder drive

2. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappeared: My Drive D on Alienware M15 laptop suddenly disappeared. It disappears every night and comes back itself the next day. But after 2 days it disappeared permanently and hasn't appeared back since the last 4 days. It all started when my drive C became full, and then the laptop...
  3. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive disappeared: Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine. Thankfully I have all data stored elsewhere. When I go into disk management, it only shows up as 2gb unallocated, though it is a...
  4. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappeared: Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine. Thankfully I have all data stored elsewhere. When I go into disk management, it only shows up as 2gb unallocated, though it is a...
  5. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. D: drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive disappeared: I have Windows 10 Here is what happened 1. D: drive disappeared for no obvious reason 2. Shortly after that, Windows got updated 3. In the disk management window I could see that partition but it had no letter assigned and I could not assign it by right-clicking (the only...
  7. D: Drive disappeared !

D: Drive disappeared !: Hello, I have an issue with my D Drive on my windows 10 ASUS TUF FX 504, I noticed that I have a new update on windows, so I pressed on shutdown and update button. while by PC was about to shutdown, I got a blue screen, then a page says that D: drive fix is running...
  8. My D drive has suddenly disappeared.

My D drive has suddenly disappeared.: I was browsing around on the internet and then my computer completely froze up, so I shut it down and when I started my computer back up, the D drive was suddenly gone. It doesn't show up in File Explorer, Disk Management, Device Manager or anything. I have tried re scanning...
  9. D Drive Disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive Disappeared.: I was using my computer as per usual, and just earlier today I had access to all of my games and software on my D: drive. When I came home, all of it was gone. I have currently tried to solve the issue by: - scanning for viruses (AVG and Windows Defender) - re-scanning...
  10. D Drive Disappeared

D Drive Disappeared: My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk? I am a college student and need my drive quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-disappeared/f98db626-d6ed-46bd-ae72-fca28cc344d8