Windows 10: Entire PC freezes and does not respond to any input except for power off/back on.

Discus and support Entire PC freezes and does not respond to any input except for power off/back on. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This happens every now and then and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell is happening. My entire PC will occasionally just freeze. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HartPlays, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Entire PC freezes and does not respond to any input except for power off/back on.

This happens every now and then and I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell is happening. My entire PC will occasionally just freeze. The LEDs on my peripherals will stop changing color, sound stops playing, the screen stays where it’s at, etc. If I let it sit for a while, it will restart itself but is there any way I can check a crash log or something somewhere to understand why this is happening?

submitted by /u/HartPlays
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HartPlays, Mar 25, 2021
  2. randy09 Win User

PC freezes during start up

At start up, my PC freezes at the pre log on page - the screen before, and which would normally lead to, the password entry / log on screen - It shows mail accounts being updated and the digital clock display operates, but PC does not respond to any input other than to power down. PC is a Dell, about 18 months old, but I do not have system specs. Any suggestions?

randy09, Mar 25, 2021
  3. NcAdams Win User
    WIndows 10 periodic hardware/software freeze

TL;DR: Every few minutes my computer's filesystem freezes, then the keyboard/mouse a minute later, then the screen ~5s later. When I change the power source everything goes back to normal.

FULL STORY: I have a new Acer Nitro 515-53 running Windows 10. Soon after getting it I started having an issue where many different systems freeze one after another. It generally happens like this:

• Elements of the Windows stops responding. There is no response when I try to open Windows search, the start menu, apps from the taskbar, etc.
    • 30sec to several minutes afterward, the keyboard and mouse stop responding (but the screen still works).
    • 5-10sec after that, the screen freezes.

The weirdest part: This is all fixed immediately if I change the power source (EITHER unplug it OR plug it in). When the power changes, it's as though all the commands I entered during the freeze get entered at once -- the mouse scurries around the screen, Windows search opens and closes, all my key inputs suddenly get entered.

It's getting pretty unbearable because at its worst this happens about once a minute. However, it sometimes stops for hours or days. (For some reason it's never happened to me while gaming, in case that matters.) I can't for the life of me find anything similar online, so I'm looking for any next steps you suggest

NcAdams, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Entire PC freezes and does not respond to any input except for power off/back on.

Windows Folders Randomly Freezing and Not Responding

Once in a while, some of my windows folders, irrespective of the number of files and their size randomly freezes, then shows not responding and shuts down.

When i try and open them again they do the same. over and over.

the only solutions I have found to overcome this is.

1. Restart the System.
    2. Remove a few items from the folder.
    3. Change the Sort by/Group by Format of the folder.

Can anyone suggest what may be the source of the problem; and any solutions ?

Vigneswara Prabhu, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Entire PC freezes and does not respond to any input except for power off/back on.

1. Entire PC freezes and does not respond to any input except for power off/back on. - Similar Threads - Entire freezes does

2. Pc not responding to turn on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc not responding to turn on or off: Today for some reason I found my pc Lenovo ThinkPad, windows 11, core i7 ,11th gen shutoff even after I had left it on sleep. When I tried turning it on ,the power button backlight turned on as usually and even the little red dot on top of the ThinkPad log ,but nothing seemed...
  3. Pc not responding to turn on or off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not responding to turn on or off: Today for some reason I found my pc Lenovo ThinkPad, windows 11, core i7 ,11th gen shutoff even after I had left it on sleep. When I tried turning it on ,the power button backlight turned on as usually and even the little red dot on top of the ThinkPad log ,but nothing seemed...
  4. Desperately need help! - PC Randomly powers off entirely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desperately need help! - PC Randomly powers off entirely: Hi there, I REALLY need some helpAbout 1.5 months ago I bought a new Kingston 2tb NVME m.2 ssd Nv1 and installed it into my Z270I motherboard. I repasted my CPU at the same time, as I have to remove my entire motherboard in order to install m.2 SSD in my Case Fractal Define...
  5. Desperately need help! - PC Randomly powers off entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desperately need help! - PC Randomly powers off entirely: Hi there, I REALLY need some helpAbout 1.5 months ago I bought a new Kingston 2tb NVME m.2 ssd Nv1 and installed it into my Z270I motherboard. I repasted my CPU at the same time, as I have to remove my entire motherboard in order to install m.2 SSD in my Case Fractal Define...
  6. Desperately need help! - PC Randomly powers off entirely

7. PC not responding/freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  8. PC not responding/freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not responding/freezes: PC apps stop responding/loading 1 by 1,eventually entire PC stops responding.Try to shutdown but the PC gets stuck on the 'Shutting down' screen.Tried updating windows,defragmenting,memory scan and a virus scan.none worked.disable fast start-up also...
  9. PC not responding/freezes

10. Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.

in Cortana
    Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.: All, There have been a few threads with this title but they are all old. I now have the same issue. I can ask Cortana to open the calculator for example and she does, however if I click the magnifying glass or just press the windows key and start typing, what I type is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC stops taking inputs