Windows 10: Entire SID value as an .exe file

Discus and support Entire SID value as an .exe file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I was transferring some files from my NAS device and observed some logs for a file transfer. The file name was exactly like my SID account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by skjaldborgdefence, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Entire SID value as an .exe file

Recently I was transferring some files from my NAS device and observed some logs for a file transfer.

The file name was exactly like my SID account S-1-5*****8.exe ending with an exe. How is that possible ? is there an explanation for this ?

How is a file named after an SID can be executable and that to being transferred to my laptop from a NAS device

:)

skjaldborgdefence, Apr 22, 2020

2. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

Hello Nilson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have changed the values of .exe file extension and now you are unable to open any .exe files. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you change the values of the .exe file extensions?
    • What was the issue to change the values for .exe?
    • Is the PC used for testing purpose or you have you changed the values for any developing purpose?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 22, 2020
  3. I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

I changes .exe (Default) files data value, and now I can't open .exe files. Can anyone tell me the normal data value for .exe?

NilsonTibbits, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Entire SID value as an .exe file

Exe files can only be opened by "run as administrator"

Hi,

Corrupted registry settings, some third-party products, or viruses can change the default configuration for running .exe files. To rectify the issue with opening this particular file type, we suggest that you follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click on the Start button, then choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to
      exefile.
    • Scroll down to go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command key.
    • Double-click (Default) key, then set the Value data to “%1” %*.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Entire SID value as an .exe file

1. Entire SID value as an .exe file - Similar Threads - Entire SID value

2. SID info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  3. how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?: How to Block entire .exe files of a specified folder in e.g. "C:\ProgramData\" or "C:\Program Files\" Windows Firewall using .bat?I want to run it from pen drive for specified folder in "C:\ProgramData\" or in "C:\Program Files\"Seems like this is exist but it need to be...
  4. how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?

how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?: How to Block entire .exe files of a specified folder in e.g. "C:\ProgramData\" or "C:\Program Files\" Windows Firewall using .bat?I want to run it from pen drive for specified folder in "C:\ProgramData\" or in "C:\Program Files\"Seems like this is exist but it need to be...
  5. how to block entire .exe files of a specified folder using .bat file Windows firewall?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Target value doesn't exist anymore in exe properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Target value doesn't exist anymore in exe properties: This is how it is now.But how it wasHelp? I cannot contact live chat for a quick help because "You are not the owner of the case." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/target-value-doesnt-exist-anymore-in-exe/08be4255-e430-442d-a049-aa5ad463fdd5
  7. Target value doesn't exist anymore in exe properties

Target value doesn't exist anymore in exe properties: This is how it is now.But how it wasHelp? I cannot contact live chat for a quick help because "You are not the owner of the case." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/target-value-doesnt-exist-anymore-in-exe/08be4255-e430-442d-a049-aa5ad463fdd5
  8. Restore regedit value for exe.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore regedit value for exe.: I accidentally changed tge default value for exe under regedit. This turns all the programmes and applications into exe file and makes me unable to open all the applications directly. How can i restore the default value so that I can open the applications as the default way?...
  9. Unknown SID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown SID: I have a SID no. listed as a user in my homeusers group on windows10 pro. It starts: icon w/ ? mark S-1-11-96-..... I cannot a reference to determine who or what this is. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  10. SID question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SID question: My windows firewall is allowing an SID user inbound through Wi-fi Network Discovery dashost.exe. SID-1-5-92-3339056971-12910.... What is dashost and why inbound? Should I remove it? 72253