Windows 10: Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed

Discus and support Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have two entries in my Start Menu that can't be removed. Both the programs have been uninstalled from my computer, but their entries are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arrep, May 3, 2020.

1. Arrep Win User

Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed

Hi there,

I have two entries in my Start Menu that can't be removed. Both the programs have been uninstalled from my computer, but their entries are still there.

I tried:

1. Going to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs to remove them there, but they aren't listed there either.
    2. Clicking on the entries in the Start Menu. Nothing happens.
    3. Right clicking and selecting "Uninstall", nothing happens.
    4. Right clicking, going to "More" and selecting "Run as administrator". Nothing happens.
    5. Right clicking, going to "More" and selecting "App Settings". Opens and list of apps, and of course, it doesn't list these entries, as they've been uninstalled.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

:)

Arrep, May 3, 2020

2. Inactive icon in Start menu - how to remove

Hi,

We found a thread similar to your concern. It contains instructions on how to remove items or entries on Start menu. For your reference, click this
    link and follow the resolution provided by
    dnbrv.

Meanwhile, follow these steps if you want to uninstall the application:

• On Cortana search, type apps & features.
    • Choose Apps & features from the list.
    • Select the program and click Uninstall.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, May 3, 2020
  3. anol Win User
    Removing non-installed entries from Windows 10 start menu

I just got a laptop with Windows 10 Home, pre-installed by Lenovo, and I noticed the following entries in my start menu (notice in particular that Candy Crush, Disney and Dolby have no icons):

Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed Vt6Hw.png

I'd like to remove them, but right-clicking on them only shows "Pin to Start". They are not listed in the Apps & features, so I cannot uninstall them.

I tried looking for information about how to remove them from that list, but because Candy Crush actually comes installed in many computers, the proposed solutions do not apply to my problem.

Is there a way to remove these non-installed apps from the list? Otherwise, how are they called?

Edit: sorry for the non-question, during the night Windows Update did something, and now the entries are gone. Unfortunately I cannot even reproduce the previous state to try the suggested answers.

anol, May 3, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, May 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Entries in the Start Menu can't be removed - Similar Threads - Entries Start Menu

2. Remove right click menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove right click menu entry: Hi, recently I installed a software game which created an entry in the right-click menu of desktop i.e. this entry only appears when I right-click on the desktop. Below is a screenshot of it. [ATTACH] Now, I want to remove it but I don't know how to do it,...
  3. Strange Entry In Start Menu "ms-resource:ProductName" Under "Other" - How To Remove?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange Entry In Start Menu "ms-resource:ProductName" Under "Other" - How To Remove?: Hi, I've noticed for a little while now that I have a strange entry in my Start Menu, it's shown as "ms-resource:ProductName" under the tittle "other" and appears at the bottom. When I right click it, click More --> App Settings, it shows the full title as:...
  4. Broken Start Menu entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Start Menu entries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/zt79tg13vcv51.png?width=789&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebefe42b3912058296b64c96a73e6822f049e84b My start menu shows these after the update to Windows 10 2004. I did sfc /scannow and it did not find anything wrong. I checked the store and...
  5. How do you remove a start menu entry with no associated shortcut? (NVIDIA Control Panel entry)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you remove a start menu entry with no associated shortcut? (NVIDIA Control Panel entry): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I1l1I1l [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i33isd/how_do_you_remove_a_start_menu_entry_with_no/
  6. Holographic entry in Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holographic entry in Start menu: After updating to W10 1903, I noticed I have an entry for something called Holographic (below Xbox in picture). If I click the entry, nothing opens and a DistributedCom Error 10001 is logged in Events log. Searches for Holographic tell me this thing is related to Mixed...
  7. Removing Office '16 context menu entries?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Removing Office '16 context menu entries?: Hello; I've recently installed Office 16 and only just noticed that it's added new context meny entries in my explorer. Upon /r clicking (in the desktop, not on a file), under "new" category, there are now entries for each and every Office 'product': New Word document, New...
  8. Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu: Hi I have just updated to Win10 and wanted to get my laptop to a more Win7 look. I followed a tutorial on how to remove the 'app tiles from the start menu.....(right click -> unpin) but the apps don't remove. I have tried restarting the laptop and then the apps were removed...
  9. Duplicate Start Menu Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Start Menu Entries: After performing a "reset PC" last night and installing (some) of my programs, I noticed the start menu has duplicate entries for some of them. [img] In addition to Evernote, the other programs with double entries are Malwarebytes and ShareX. Both entries (for each...
  10. Double entries in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Double entries in start menu: Hi, I have the same problem in two different pc My start menu has some double entries (see picture) [img] and more I checked the start menu folders: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...