Windows 10: Entry point not found on startup

Discus and support Entry point not found on startup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The last couple of days I have been getting these error messages that pop up on startup and then maybe once or twice during my session. They both say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by icepick_pauly, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Entry point not found on startup

The last couple of days I have been getting these error messages that pop up on startup and then maybe once or twice during my session. They both say that .dll files cannot be found.

The error messages are as follows:

The first one:

Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ASN1BERDecOpenTyp2 could not be located in the dynamic link library
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\CRYPT32.dll

The second one:

Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ASN1_SetEncoderOption could not be located in the dynamic link library
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\WINTRUST.dll

I have been noticing some weird things happening with my PC now; for instance I have Ruby and Node.js both installed but when I try to check their versions from the command line now it says their commands are not found. A couple of apps such as Evernote do not boot up now as well and give me the same error messages when I try to load them.

When I look in the file path given in the error message both of the .dll files are in there. So they are not actually missing. Why can't Windows find/read them? Are they corrupt? Any help fixing this would be appreciated!!

I already tried troubleshooting the issue using the instructions in this article and nothing really seemed to work:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/procedure-entry-point-could-not-be-located-in-the-dynamic-link-library#:~:text=The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library,-Download this PC&text=This error can occur if,has gone missing or corrupted.

:)

icepick_pauly, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Spunky Win User

Entry point not found on startup

(Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry.

No, unfortunately, it wasn't listed there. I have also tried to locate any startup entry with Autoruns but no luck either.

Spunky, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Entry point not found on startup

1. Entry point not found on startup - Similar Threads - Entry point found

2. Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entry Point Not Found: I'm not very smart when it comes to anything pc related I keep getting this pop up on my screen when I turn on or restart my pc ' OneDrive.exe - Entry Point Not found. The procedure entry point Sspilocalfree could not be located in the dynamic link library' may I have help to...
  3. Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entry Point Not Found: I'm not very smart when it comes to anything pc related I keep getting this pop up on my screen when I turn on or restart my pc ' OneDrive.exe - Entry Point Not found. The procedure entry point Sspilocalfree could not be located in the dynamic link library' may I have help to...
  4. Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Entry point not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entry point not Found: my pc is HP and having some error. It's said * Entry point not found * how could I fix it?It's showing when I open games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entry-point-not-found/05efe19f-44ba-4086-9ab8-95fcc840870e
  6. Entry point not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entry point not Found: my pc is HP and having some error. It's said * Entry point not found * how could I fix it?It's showing when I open games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entry-point-not-found/05efe19f-44ba-4086-9ab8-95fcc840870e
  7. Entry point not Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Entry Point not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entry Point not found: Hi all, I recently downloaded a game from the internet, and I am having some issues. Firstly, it said it was missing the binkw32.dll . I downloaded that .dll followed the instructions on the website for where to place it. Having placed it there, I am now getting the error...
  9. Entry point not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entry point not found: After installing windows 10 I began to get "Entry Point Not Found" error messages when trying to open some programs. Specifically "The procedure entry point _crtCreateSymbolisLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll" I ran the...
  10. Entry Point NOt found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entry Point NOt found: i need help with this i tried to install a game and when i try to start it, this shows up. no matter how many times i press OK it just pops out until i close it via Task Manager [ATTACH]...