Windows 10: Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy

Discus and support Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the only one using my laptop and I set the UAC elevation prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for local Admin accounts which I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy

I am the only one using my laptop and I set the UAC elevation prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for local Admin accounts which I prefer to use.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/hide-or-show-administrators-in-uac-for-standard-users-in-windows.17674/

By default, it says that admin accounts are not displayed and when elevating from the UAC prompt under my local Admin account, it showed my local account username. The policy for my laptop is set to Not Configured.

I don't understand this.

:)

win10freak, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Geethu B Win User

Enabling hidden elevated administrator account fails

Hi Rob,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with enabling hidden elevated administrator account.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you have any other administrator User Account?

If you have other administrator user account, you may login to that user account and try to
    enable built-in administrator account. If there are no other administrator user accounts, you may enable built-in administrator account from WinRE and check if it helps. To enable built-in
    administrator account follow these steps:

• Insert the Windows 10 Installation Disc.

• Click on Repair your System.

• Click on Advanced Startup Options.

• Click on Command Prompt.

• Type: net user administrator /active: yes
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

OK, I tried Dinesh's tutorial. First, here's a list of accounts for my machine:

Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy [​IMG]

I held down Shift and rebooted, and got the WinRE splash screen. I was prompted to log in, with "Dan" my only option:

If I clicked on "Don't see your account", I got this:

Is it suggesting that "Dan" is an administrator account? Oh, that it were so... I went back, selected the "Dan" account, and it booted into command prompt. I then attempted the first of Dinesh's instructions:

Hello darkness, my old friend... "Access Denied."

Dan

shortmort37, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy

Lost Administrator account

Hello,

The easiest way to resolve this issue is by enabling the built-in administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • Restart the system and create a
      new user account

Once you create the new administrator user account you can disable the Built-in Administrator Account by:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:no
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • Restart the system.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy

1. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy - Similar Threads - Enumerate administrator accounts

2. how do I elevate account from simple to administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I elevate account from simple to administrator?: Windows 10 will not permit account elevation to administrator level https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-elevate-account-from-simple-to/81307248-4b3f-4a58-8866-65bb92be6a55
  3. how do I elevate account from simple to administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I elevate account from simple to administrator?: Windows 10 will not permit account elevation to administrator level https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-elevate-account-from-simple-to/81307248-4b3f-4a58-8866-65bb92be6a55
  4. how do I elevate account from simple to administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation - no elevation prompt!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation - no elevation prompt!: We have few servers joined to a domain and since last week, I'm unable to install any applications using the Domain Administrator account. This was very for many years and we started noticing the issue last week.Check the GPO's to see if we are blocking the installer.Checked...
  6. The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation - no elevation prompt!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation - no elevation prompt!: We have few servers joined to a domain and since last week, I'm unable to install any applications using the Domain Administrator account. This was very for many years and we started noticing the issue last week.Check the GPO's to see if we are blocking the installer.Checked...
  7. Administrator accounts must not be enumerated?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator accounts must not be enumerated?: I still not able to understand this following Group Policy as to me it just makes no sense at all. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/112434-hide-show-administrators-uac-standard-users-windows.html Here is my current User setup on a STANDALONE PC. Two LOCAL User accounts:...
  8. Elevated administrator name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated administrator name: On the cmd prompt I entered a name for the "elevated administrator". Now I want to change it but I forgot what it was, and I need to know what it is to change it. How or where can I go in win 10 to see what it is?*Redface 36592
  9. Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account: Following an internet tutorial to disable Group Policies at start-up, I've found out somewhere on my PC ( domain=9PP0802 ) that I only had read permissions. Full Control, was in the hand of the mighty Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account. So I've tried to change...
  10. Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Built-in Elevated Administrator Account in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the hidden built-in elevated Administrator account in Windows 10....