Windows 10: Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed

Discus and support Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Sometimes the Windows Search doesn’t work. There are no error codes either. In that case, it’s best to check error logs in the Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 5, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed

WinClub, May 5, 2019

2. Event 3104 Search: "Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed"

Hi everyone.

Still no response from any Microsoft help after sending a note on Sept 14th to Srimadhwa, the MS Engineer initially responding to this thread, . Very disappointed in their behavior and willingness to help.

I still get on average 8 Search errors daily in the Event Viewer, EventID 3104,

My new computer was a clean install so there is nothing remaining from an older build or update, although Win-10 was Ver 1607. I don't have a Homegroup set up, and the Offline Files are not checked, so I don't feel that is the direction to persue. Obviously
    this error was not corrected in the October cumulative update

The only unusual path that is checked in my Indexed Options in the Control Panel, in the User Account, is the Default User. That is used for default settings for a new user, or initially when there is no user. Might check to see if that path is checked on
    your computers, and if anyone sees a reason for them to remain checked.

The other point to report back to the group, is exactly what Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed,
    means. Can't find a definition on google searches, or in the Windows Internals book published by MS. If anyone knows what app, or search path that refers to, that could help in determining the actual cause for the EventID 3104 errors.

John_VanKirk, May 5, 2019
  3. Cybot Win User
    Event 3104 Search: "Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed"

I have the same issue, and I just did a repair install so I could get 14393.222 update installed. I don't have either of the services installed and I only keep outlook running for short periods (i.e. long enough to download and check mail, so 30 mins. -
    1 hr.) I have Office 2010 Pro, So I don't know if using an older version is the cause or not.

Error: (10/05/2016 03:01:45 PM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (EventID: 3104) (User: )

Description: Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed.
    Details:

(HRESULT : 0x80040210) (0x80040210)

Cybot, May 5, 2019
  4. Nodrog33 Win User

Event 3104 Search: "Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed"

Re: Event ID 3104 Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed.

I have found an answer to this (or should I say I no longer see these entries in event viewer on either of my laptops) which was to exclude offline files from the locations being indexed.

I do not have a homegroup set up and offline files are disabled but these entries were still checked for all user accounts in the "all locations" dialog box and therefore included in the search index (Control Panel/Indexing Options/Modify/Show All Locations).

So if you are not in a Homegroup and/or offline files are disabled (Control Panel/Sync Center/Manage Offline Files), make sure they are not still being indexed for any user accounts on your device and it may work for you too.

Nodrog33, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed - Similar Threads - Enumerating user sessions

2. Network session enumeration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network session enumeration: Need assistance to remove authenticated users from SrvsvcSessionInfo registry keyFor network session enumeration:Open the Group Policy Management Console. Right-click the Group Policy object GPO that should contain the new preference item, and then click Edit. - In the...
  3. Network session enumeration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network session enumeration: Need assistance to remove authenticated users from SrvsvcSessionInfo registry keyFor network session enumeration:Open the Group Policy Management Console. Right-click the Group Policy object GPO that should contain the new preference item, and then click Edit. - In the...
  4. Network session enumeration

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  6. Storage pool failed drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage pool failed drive: Hello everyone,I recently combined two hard drives that I own to a storage pool, one being an internal drive and the other a portable external hard drive I know silly move. The portable drive is now toasted and I've had a professional look at it with it not being saved. I...
  7. Ricoh - Printer Failed Enumeration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ricoh - Printer Failed Enumeration: ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo Motherboard Corsair 750 Watt Power Supply Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor 2.83GHz 8 GB VDATA RAM DDR2 800Mhz PC2-6400 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB SSD Windows 10 Pro x64 I have a Ricoh Aficio SP 311SFNw laser printer. I've had it...
  8. Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool: Dear All, I'm currently using Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops in a multi-session host environment and I'm trying to create a default desktop profile for all my staff to use upon logon. I'm logged on as a domain admin user, and using the change user /install &...
  9. Failed to Enumerate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failed to Enumerate: Hello: To switch to Windows 10 I bought a new computer to replace my old Windows 7 machine. I took the hard drive out of the old computer thinking I could copy my files over to the new machine, but I can't access them. I thought it might just be a matter of changing the...
  10. Storage Spaces Pool - How to find enumerated drive number?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Pool - How to find enumerated drive number?: Hi All, When creating a Storage Spaces Pool, the member drives are no longer listed in Disk Management. My system has been hanging every so often and when I checked the Windows logs, I see a lot of critical error messages about Harddisk/DR10 having a bad block. Since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed. 2016 server

2. Failed to enumerate sessions to generate a filter pool

3. enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed

4. Enumerating user sessions to generate filter pools failed.