Windows 10: Environmental responsibility and old monitors

Discus and support Environmental responsibility and old monitors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Given the many years of environmental waste that does include old tech. I also find that microsoft itself does not encourage the use of it with it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arcsalin, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Arcsalin Win User

Environmental responsibility and old monitors

Given the many years of environmental waste that does include old tech. I also find that microsoft itself does not encourage the use of it with it's new updates, drivers and what not.

My monitors are many years old and I am very happy with them for gaming. Although there is an increasing gain in technology and windows needs to provide drivers for these upgrades. Many of us remain happy with what we have yet windows updates forces a need for new monitors by not recognising old ones - which leaves some of us with old video drivers.

I am aware that there is a fix around this, but most people just won't be bothered. The old tech produce more environmentall waste and end up in the bin if they need to go search for something. This is highly irresponsible towards the environment. I would like to see microsoft keep hold of its legacy drivers for old tech incorporated into windows 10 permanently to encourage people who want to keep their old tech running until it breaks or even if they are responsible, wish to keep their old tech and have it repaired and continue to use windows 10 but with the gradual upgraded features and new available drivers.

Can we start thinking a bit more about the planet when programming stuff please?

:)

Arcsalin, Jan 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 refuses to boot without the old monitor.

Hi,

To address your issue with connecting a new monitor, please perform these steps:

• Plug in the old monitor.
    • Uninstall the video driver, go to Device Manager > right-click on the video driver >
      Uninstall.
    • Unplug the old monitor, then connect the new one.
    • Turn on the computer, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    Update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Environmental responsibility and old monitors

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Environmental responsibility and old monitors

1. Environmental responsibility and old monitors - Similar Threads - Environmental responsibility old

2. Not responsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not responsive: I am running Windows 11 on an HP laptop 15-gw0xxx The laptop boots up very slow and it does not matter what I open word internet etc. it says either not responding or does not say anything and takes a very long time to open. Literally a couple minutes almost. I run...
  3. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?: is it safe to delete one of these? Path, TEMP or TMP. Or should i just leave them bewill i face issues if i DO delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-these-user-environmental/b095ec98-aed9-4250-bc97-f56b089b96e8
  4. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?: is it safe to delete one of these? Path, TEMP or TMP. Or should i just leave them bewill i face issues if i DO delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-these-user-environmental/b095ec98-aed9-4250-bc97-f56b089b96e8
  5. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Old monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old monitors: Is there a way to set up a second monitor that has a windows 7 driver with a monitor that has a windows 10 driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-monitors/8dc70fd0-7bb8-44c6-a31f-582a58b4d677
  7. Modify System Environmental Variables

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify System Environmental Variables: Dear staff! I need to modify the System Environmental Variables specifically the PATH variable from my local user already set as administrator but these options are still greyed out for me, in order to setup Android Studio together with Flutter component. I already tried this...
  8. Environmental variable/path

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Environmental variable/path: Hello community, I need some help. I was attempting to download Oracle JDK/JRE and somehow corrupted my path. Can anyone tell me the default path setting that I need to restore? I appreciate your help....
  9. Environmental Variables Unexpected Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Environmental Variables Unexpected Behaviour: I wanted to include some environmental variables today and found some strange goings on. The variable I wanted to change was simply to add a PATH. In the case of changing a user's variables: It would be accepted but when I did a PC restart I was presented with a new blue...
  10. Environmental Variables

in Windows 10 Support
    Environmental Variables: I'm trying add "EUINC" to my Environmental Variables. It contains 7 include directories. EUINC:=\eu\arwen;E:\eu\myinclude;E:\eu\football;e:\eu\IDEwin32lib;e:\eu\win32dib;e:\eu\winclass; e:\eu\win32lib\include This worked fine with Windows 7 and 8.1. But It seems...