Windows 10: Environmental variable/path

Discus and support Environmental variable/path in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello community, I need some help. I was attempting to download Oracle JDK/JRE and somehow corrupted my path. Can anyone tell me the default path... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdelbertWalker, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Environmental variable/path

Hello community, I need some help. I was attempting to download Oracle JDK/JRE and somehow corrupted my path. Can anyone tell me the default path setting that I need to restore? I appreciate your help.

:)

AdelbertWalker, Jul 20, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Notepad++ spellchecker (environmental variables path issue)

I think all you're seeing in Win 10 is a more sophisticated environmental variable editor that lists each separate item in PATH to deskill edits, rather than listing them contiguously in a single line with ; separators.

To add, click New

The video is for Win 8

dalchina, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Notepad++ spellchecker (environmental variables path issue)

I am following this video tutorial but my issue starts at 3:18 (3min18seconds) into the video. I click environmental variables just like shown in the video, I scroll to "path" and click Edit. Instead of opening the single dialog box like his seen at 3:37 into the video, It opens a new list dialog box of many different files shown in this screenshot: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (my screenshot).

On my screenshot you can see "Path" on the left and then the right dialog opens when I click "edit". Instead of a single dialog opening like the video shows.

The video:

The screenshot (mine): Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Any ideas? Im stuck on this step.

Bright Eyes, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Environmental variable/path

Set command shows different Path in command prompt than the Environmental Variables GUI

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Set command is used to display the Environmental variables. The Paths displayed on the command prompt contains the Path for the program files, Common program files, User files, AppData along with the Path displayed in the Environmental Variables
    GUI. You can refer the article
    Set
    for more information on the Set command. You can also refer the article

Environment Variables
    for more information on Environment Variables.

However, if you require more information and further assistance, I would also suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on this particular subject.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Environmental variable/path

1. Environmental variable/path - Similar Threads - Environmental variable path

2. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?: is it safe to delete one of these? Path, TEMP or TMP. Or should i just leave them bewill i face issues if i DO delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-these-user-environmental/b095ec98-aed9-4250-bc97-f56b089b96e8
  3. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?: is it safe to delete one of these? Path, TEMP or TMP. Or should i just leave them bewill i face issues if i DO delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-delete-these-user-environmental/b095ec98-aed9-4250-bc97-f56b089b96e8
  4. is it safe to delete these user environmental variables?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to recover Environmental Variables that were deleted

How to recover Environmental Variables that were deleted: Now I can't access CMD or Powershell from start menu. Can't elevate to Admin. I tried: 1. booting into safe mode and did system restore with command prompt2. Running SFC and DISM These methods have not workedAlso, when I try to reset the pc, it doesn't load, just freezes. How...
  6. Modify System Environmental Variables

in Windows 10 Customization
    Modify System Environmental Variables: Dear staff! I need to modify the System Environmental Variables specifically the PATH variable from my local user already set as administrator but these options are still greyed out for me, in order to setup Android Studio together with Flutter component. I already tried this...
  7. Set command shows different Path in command prompt than the Environmental Variables GUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set command shows different Path in command prompt than the Environmental Variables GUI: Windows 10 Home x_64. Over the years I must have either deleted a few programs improperly or the uninstall programs didn't complete as expected. Either way my %PATH% environment variable needs a clean-up. When I open a command prompt and type "set", then scroll through the...
  8. Notepad++ spellchecker (environmental variables path issue)

Notepad++ spellchecker (environmental variables path issue): I am following this video tutorial but my issue starts at 3:18 (3min18seconds) into the video. I click environmental variables just like shown in the video, I scroll to "path" and click Edit. Instead of opening the single dialog box like his seen at 3:37 into the video, It...
  9. Environmental Variables Unexpected Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Environmental Variables Unexpected Behaviour: I wanted to include some environmental variables today and found some strange goings on. The variable I wanted to change was simply to add a PATH. In the case of changing a user's variables: It would be accepted but when I did a PC restart I was presented with a new blue...
  10. Environmental Variables

in Windows 10 Support
    Environmental Variables: I'm trying add "EUINC" to my Environmental Variables. It contains 7 include directories. EUINC:=\eu\arwen;E:\eu\myinclude;E:\eu\football;e:\eu\IDEwin32lib;e:\eu\win32dib;e:\eu\winclass; e:\eu\win32lib\include This worked fine with Windows 7 and 8.1. But It seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display the environmental variable PATH in windows10