Windows 10: Environmental Variables

Discus and support Environmental Variables in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying add "EUINC" to my Environmental Variables. It contains 7 include directories.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Aug 20, 2016.

1. doncole Win User

Environmental Variables

I'm trying add "EUINC" to my Environmental Variables.
    It contains 7 include directories.

EUINC:=\eu\arwen;E:\eu\myinclude;E:\eu\football;e:\eu\IDEwin32lib;e:\eu\win32dib;e:\eu\winclass;
    e:\eu\win32lib\include

This worked fine with Windows 7 and 8.1.
    But It seems Windows 10 will only hold 4 include files.
    How can I overcome this?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Aug 20, 2016

2. environmental variables

I cant set more than 2 additional paths to my PATH variable.

everytime I do that it overwrites one of the other paths.

abhijeet vyas, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Unable to add searchable commands to start menu

You could add C:\Program Files\emacs\bin to your "Path" environmental variable.

(Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environmental Variables)

Frederik Long, Aug 20, 2016
  4. doncole Win User

Environmental Variables

I just typed it in regedit.

don cole

doncole, Aug 20, 2016
Thema:

Environmental Variables

1. Environmental Variables - Similar Threads - Environmental Variables

2. DirectX 12 now supports Variable Rate Shading

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX 12 now supports Variable Rate Shading: One of the sides in the picture below is 14% faster when rendered on the same hardware, thanks to a new graphics feature available only on DirectX 12. Can you spot a difference in rendering quality? [img] Neither can we. Which is why we’re very excited to announce that...
  3. Set command shows different Path in command prompt than the Environmental Variables GUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set command shows different Path in command prompt than the Environmental Variables GUI: Windows 10 Home x_64. Over the years I must have either deleted a few programs improperly or the uninstall programs didn't complete as expected. Either way my %PATH% environment variable needs a clean-up. When I open a command prompt and type "set", then scroll through the...
  4. Path variable as shown thru Command Line "Set" command does not match What is shown in...

Path variable as shown thru Command Line "Set" command does not match What is shown in...: Windows 10 Home x_64. Over the years I must have either deleted a few programs improperly or the uninstall programs didn't complete as expected. Either way my %PATH% environment variable needs a clean-up. When I open a command prompt and type "set", then scroll through the...
  5. Need to edit user environment variables on Windows 10.

Need to edit user environment variables on Windows 10.: Is it possible to edit user environment variables on Windows 10 Home 1809? Past procedures don't work and solutions found on internet don't work....
  6. Setting path variable in Environment variables Windows 10

Setting path variable in Environment variables Windows 10: How can I stack up multiple path variables? Currently, it overwrites the old one when I try to edit. (I believe mindless updates are bad and updates should only happen when it is reasonably certain they will improve usability, and not just so that some people have a job.)...
  7. Windows 10 website development work problem: URL-appended variables appear to be being...

Windows 10 website development work problem: URL-appended variables appear to be being...: I am using WAMP on Windows 10 to develop a database driven website. WAMP always starts up 'green' for go and inter-operability status across PHP, Apache & MySQL check out ok. Even when not connected to the Internet and monitoring progress via Localhost, it seems that...
  8. Notepad++ spellchecker (environmental variables path issue)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad++ spellchecker (environmental variables path issue): I am following this video tutorial but my issue starts at 3:18 (3min18seconds) into the video. I click environmental variables just like shown in the video, I scroll to "path" and click Edit. Instead of opening the single dialog box like his seen at 3:37 into the video, It...
  9. Environmental Variables Unexpected Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Environmental Variables Unexpected Behaviour: I wanted to include some environmental variables today and found some strange goings on. The variable I wanted to change was simply to add a PATH. In the case of changing a user's variables: It would be accepted but when I did a PC restart I was presented with a new blue...
  10. Reparse point, Environmental Variable issues after Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Reparse point, Environmental Variable issues after Creator's Update: Hi, I discovered several issues immediately after installing the Creator's Update. Several programs would not run (or not run properly), and these were sorted with a Revo uninstall followed by a re-install. As a long time user of DFX Audio, I was crushed to find that it...