Windows 10: Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI

Discus and support Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've tried to connect my LG external monitor to my new Envy Laptop. I have the laptop and monitor powered up, the HDMI cable is connected between the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamJohnson122, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI

I've tried to connect my LG external monitor to my new Envy Laptop. I have the laptop and monitor powered up, the HDMI cable is connected between the monitor and the laptop. The monitor displays "No Signal - Please check your connection -HDMI1 input is connected. Click OK to automatically switch to HDMI1 input." After a minute it displays "No Signal - Entering power saving mode shortly." The screen then goes blank.

On the laptop, I selected the settings/system/display options. Once there, I selected "Extend these displays" on the menu item for Multiple Displays. This then shows two monitor icons in the "Rearrange your displays" area. I clicked on "Detect" and the laptop displays "Didn't detect another display." When I select "Identify" the number 1 shows on the laptop monitor, but nothing happens on the external monitor.

What are my options?

Thanks for your help in advance.

:)

WilliamJohnson122, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI

1. Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI - Similar Threads - Envy Laptop External

2. Laptop HDMI not working with monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop HDMI not working with monitor: My HDMI connection isn't working between my Asus TUF laptop and a VisionSource gaming monitor. I've tried different ports as well as cables. The odd thing is, our Xbox One hooks up with HDMi to the monitor just fine. Any ideas?...
  3. Laptop HDMI not working with monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop HDMI not working with monitor: My HDMI connection isn't working between my Asus TUF laptop and a VisionSource gaming monitor. I've tried different ports as well as cables. The odd thing is, our Xbox One hooks up with HDMi to the monitor just fine. Any ideas?...
  4. laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor: My monitor made a weird glitch in which I unplugged the HDMI cable from the ASUS laptop and Dell monitor. However, after reconnecting the monitor, it kept saying no signal. I then plugged a different monitor in with a different HDMI cable but it’s still doesn’t want to work....
  5. laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not sending signal to HDMI external monitor: My monitor made a weird glitch in which I unplugged the HDMI cable from the ASUS laptop and Dell monitor. However, after reconnecting the monitor, it kept saying no signal. I then plugged a different monitor in with a different HDMI cable but it’s still doesn’t want to work....
  6. BSOD when unplugging external monitor from laptop hdmi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when unplugging external monitor from laptop hdmi: Hello, I have big problem, every time I unplug second monitor I get BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I have tried reinstall drivers and then windows too. But it didnt help. It should be a software error, when with second monitor everything works fine, right? Here is a...
  7. Laptop plugged into external monitor over HDMI, monitor stuck at lower resolution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop plugged into external monitor over HDMI, monitor stuck at lower resolution: The 2nd monitor is stuck at 640x480 even though it's 1080p. I've gone into the display settings and the display resolution option for the external monitor is greyed out. And when I plug the HDMI cable into the monitor, there's a box that pops up on the monitor that says...
  8. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to updating to Windows 10 I used to be able to plug it in via HDMI to the TV...
  9. 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI: 'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI Hi, I've just updated my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I plug my laptop into my LG 4K TV or an external monitor using an HDMI cable there's a "No signal" message on the monitor/TV. Prior to...
  10. Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter: I am having a problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with a hdmi to vga adapter/converter, the weird thing is that the monitor works normally without any problem when i connect it to my other laptop (HP) or my orange pi one and when i connect my laptop to my...