Windows 10: Epic CEO Continues MS Uproar, Says Nobody Wants to Build Win Apps

Discus and support Epic CEO Continues MS Uproar, Says Nobody Wants to Build Win Apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Epic CEO Continues MS Uproar, Says Nobody Wants to Build Win Apps Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney still opposes Microsoft’s Universal Windows Platform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 7, 2016.

1. Epic CEO Continues MS Uproar, Says Nobody Wants to Build Win Apps

Epic CEO Continues MS Uproar, Says Nobody Wants to Build Win Apps
    Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney still opposes Microsoft’s Universal Windows Platform

Read more: http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/06/ep...dows-platform/

Cluster Head, May 7, 2016
  2. ARC1020 Win User

I think Tim Sweeney needs to make it clear exactly why he's specifically objecting to Microsoft, but is not targeting IOS/MAC, Android, Origin and Steam stores with the same level of aggression. Otherwise his comments are going to fall on deaf ears, as they just make him sound like a hypocrite with a specific grudge towards Microsoft.

I assume he has something worthwhile to say as I very much doubt he is stupid, but whatever it is, he doesn't seem to be making the points very clear because I myself don't even understand why it's Microsoft that he is continuously attacking with his comments?

As a consumer, his complaints seem to have little benefit to me and more about Epic Game's profits than anything else. Deliberately asking that Microsoft make it so that people download and install games and software directly from the internet seems like a step backwards and back to the problem of people who aren't so vigilant installing all sorts of junk from wherever again and back to having individual software updaters needing to update individual pieces of software again. I know first hand what a problem this is with the average person installing things themselves from the internet, it's a right headache. And if I understand correctly, people who are more tech aware and perhaps more cautious to the risks of installing software directly from the internet, can already sideload UWP apps/games anyway? Looking at my settings, 'Sideload apps' is even switched on by default.

:)

ARC1020, May 7, 2016
  3. NVFOX Win User
    windows 10 not showing computers on network

It is now August, and since I posted the question in April, no solution has been proposed. Where are the real Microsoft experts??? Do you lists Microsoft at all? It cannot be true that virtually nobody cares about the issue. I begin to believe that MS really
    does not care about problems. I blame the CEO Nadella as the ultimate responsible individual for what happens at MS.

Presently MS is showing a very bad picture, vene worse that under the previous CEO.

NVFOX, May 7, 2016
  4. Epic CEO Continues MS Uproar, Says Nobody Wants to Build Win Apps

Windows 10 Update Failed

Altogether there are pcs running XP, Win 8.1, Linux, Chrome and IOS.

The Windows PCs, none of them can upgrade to Win10 and failed every time.

Such a simple and basic task and MS cannot even do it properly, it just unacceptable.

All other OS upgrade run as smoothly as it should be.

That's the difference between a good company and a bad company.

You can compare MS to Google and Apple and find the answer yourself.

To test Win10 I had to buy another PC with Win 8.1 and did the upgrade to Win 10 after setting up 8.1.

The upgrade was smooth and after a few cup of coffee I started using it and testing the new OS.

Up to now I do not recommend the upgrade for the other Windows PCs.

I cannot say it is good or bad. It's just an OS between 7 and 8.1 with a few cosmetic stuffs,

that all. The only good point is it is free (but you have to surrender your data to MS or even onto other evil organizations).

Win 10 is nothing but a piece of hot cake. When the cake cools down and no one wants it then MS use the same practice to release Win 11 or Win 12. There is an old saying "there one born every minute", those people will fall for it and get the upgrades
    and help the richest man on earth richer.

MS was a wonderful company until the last CEO totally ruined it. The new CEO try to fill the hole

and ending with a bigger hole. If he continue allows MS do what they do, the company just

ending up like Yahoo.

The suggestion is helpful but that's not my point.

BermaAu Yeung, May 7, 2016
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

Thema:

Epic CEO Continues MS Uproar, Says Nobody Wants to Build Win Apps

1. Epic CEO Continues MS Uproar, Says Nobody Wants to Build Win Apps - Similar Threads - Epic CEO Continues

2. Build-in vs. MS Store apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build-in vs. MS Store apps?: A lot of built-in apps are also on MS Store (OneDrive, XBOX Game bar, etc). Why? I accidentally installed the XBOX Game bar. Do I have now two, since one is already part of the Windows? I'm confused. Windows 10 Version 2004 162733
  3. my Epics app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Epics app: will not load keeps crashing plus be for it stop working fortnite did not work and my labtop meat all the requirements should i get older version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-epics-app/4711d469-4ef5-41f8-a693-c94d0fff987e
  4. Why won't my uproar wireless connect? It says "driver error".

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't my uproar wireless connect? It says "driver error".: So for the past few days I've been trying to connect my uproar wireless to my Acer Aspire. When I press connect on the uproar wireless on bluetooth and devices it would normally say "Connected Voice, Music" but it doesn't. it only says "Connected" and when I try to play a...
  5. Uproar and Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uproar and Win10: Hello Folks I have a NB with W10 as its OS I recently received a pair of Skullycandy Uproar wireless headphones which work like a charm except for the mic. I have removed, deleted, repaired and and numerous times yet the mic wont work Am i missing something?...
  6. MS Store and MS apps continually post critical runtime errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Store and MS apps continually post critical runtime errors: I have an HP Pavilion 590 (with Intel Optane memory) that has continually posted critical errors of the following form since new. 0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.SomeMSapp runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue. These errors occur at login and...
  7. Win 10 upgrade to Build 10586 continually fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade to Build 10586 continually fails: Since I installed Win 10 Build 10240 a few months ago Windows Update has been trying on an almost daily basis to upgrade it to the current Build 10586. While all other updates seem to have installed normally, this one has consistently failed. Yesterday I tried a manual...
  8. MS CEO on Win 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your ...

in Windows 10 News
    MS CEO on Win 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your ...: Microsoft CEO on Windows 10 Data Collection: We Spent Billions to Keep Your Info Secure Satya Nadella says Windows 10 is built on trust Many accused Microsoft of violating users' privacy with Windows 10, as it's been demonstrated that the operating system collects...
  9. Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's CEO Says Cortana's Going to Kill the Browser: [img] Personal assistants will search the web for everything Microsoft's putting a lot of effort into Cortana, the company's personal assistant that was originally available on Windows Phone but that is now debuting across a wider variety of platforms, so Redmond...
  10. Microsoft's CEO Says Windows 10 Is Here to Change the...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's CEO Says Windows 10 Is Here to Change the...: Windows 10 is already in development right now and Microsoft promised to release new updates for the official Technical Preview builds on a regular basis in anticipation of the final launch of the operating system which could take place in spring 2015. Since the new OS is...