Windows 10: Epic Games Launcher Error with Windows 10 & Windows Installer Service - Error Msg "The...

Discus and support Epic Games Launcher Error with Windows 10 & Windows Installer Service - Error Msg "The... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I launch EpicInstaller-10.19.2 I get the following error see below then the Epic Installer stops and finishes prematurely. The Windows Installer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DarcyHarcourt, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Epic Games Launcher Error with Windows 10 & Windows Installer Service - Error Msg "The...

When I launch EpicInstaller-10.19.2 I get the following error see below then the Epic Installer stops and finishes prematurely.

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

Any ideas how to get around this error?

I am running Windows 10 Home version 20H2 on a brand new Gaming PC using AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

:)

DarcyHarcourt, Jan 23, 2021

2. ERROR 0xc000012f whe I try to enter the Epic Games Launcher

Hi BrayanOng,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this error code: 0xc000012f when entering the Epic Game Launcher. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were you able to enter the Epic Game Launcher before without any problem?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Epic game Launcher?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Wilfred Mac, Jan 23, 2021
  3. JhakeSong Win User
    Epic Games 0xc000007b error

Hello RazvanUdudec,

This is Will C an Independent Advisor and I will be happy to help you with this issue. This issue was also encountered by an Epic Games subscriber and a solution was provided for it.

Here are the steps done by our forum contributor BogDan A. Link here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

1. Go to the place where you've installed launcher (usually c:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\)

2. Open the 'DirectXRedist' folder

3. Inside, there will be several .cab files (those are just simple archives)

4. Open those .cab files and extract JUST the .dll files, and put the wherever you want (could be the Desktop)

5. Now put those .dll files that you extracted inside the folder where your launcher is located (usually c:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\)

6. Launch the Epic Games Launcher and you should be good.

He also created a video guide for the steps. Feel free to visit it from the link provided.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

JhakeSong, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Epic Games Launcher Error with Windows 10 & Windows Installer Service - Error Msg "The...

Epic Games Launcher

I got this computer from my step dad, he got it from his insurance company. When I open Epic Games launcher I can see the logo but the rest is blank. Is there a file I need to remove? I really would love any suggestions

*Moved from Virus and Malware forum by moderator*

TopBeastMason, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Epic Games Launcher Error with Windows 10 & Windows Installer Service - Error Msg "The...

1. Epic Games Launcher Error with Windows 10 & Windows Installer Service - Error Msg "The... - Similar Threads - Epic Games Launcher

2. Epic Games Launcher 0xc00007b Error code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Epic Games Launcher 0xc00007b Error code: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b Click OK to close this application. This is what it showed when I launched the epic games launcher 1. I reset windows with Epic Installer 2. I copied the dlls and added it to some folder in a yt tutorial 3.I ran it as...
  3. error in epic games service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error in epic games service: when installing epic games launcher and trying to update itit shows that the update failed with the error EOS ERR 1602when searching in YouTube I see all the similar error are 1603 not 1602...
  4. error in epic games service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error in epic games service: when installing epic games launcher and trying to update itit shows that the update failed with the error EOS ERR 1602when searching in YouTube I see all the similar error are 1603 not 1602...
  5. Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error: I've been having an issue when trying to install Epic Games Launcher. Basically, when I open the Epic Games Installer, the loading screen gets to a certain point where DirectX and Permissions are mentioned, then asks me to allow Epic Online Services to make changes to my...
  6. Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error

Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error: I've been having an issue when trying to install Epic Games Launcher. Basically, when I open the Epic Games Installer, the loading screen gets to a certain point where DirectX and Permissions are mentioned, then asks me to allow Epic Online Services to make changes to my...
  7. EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER ERROR 0xc00007b

EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER ERROR 0xc00007b: I NEED HELP, I've tried every single video to fix my Epic Games launcher literally everysingle video, I get the error 0xc00007b and I just can't fix it, please help me i've tried literally everything......
  8. EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER ERROR 0xc00007b

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER ERROR 0xc00007b: I NEED HELP, I've tried every single video to fix my Epic Games launcher literally everysingle video, I get the error 0xc00007b and I just can't fix it, please help me i've tried literally everything......
  9. EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER ERROR 0xc00007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Unable to download/install Epic game launcher, Error: “Problem with the windows installer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/install Epic game launcher, Error: “Problem with the windows installer...: Hi everyone, I have a problem with windows installer i wanted to download epic game launcher but when the download was about to start, it said "Problem with the windows installer pack. A DLL required to complete the installation cannot be run" What can I do? The problem is...