Windows 10: Epic Games Launcher fails to start correctly, error code - 0xc000007b

Discus and support Epic Games Launcher fails to start correctly, error code - 0xc000007b in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried almost every possible solution that I came across, which involves reinstallling the application several times. Yet there seems no end to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krishna Pratap, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Epic Games Launcher fails to start correctly, error code - 0xc000007b

I have tried almost every possible solution that I came across, which involves reinstallling the application several times. Yet there seems no end to this problem. Please Help. Epic Games Launcher fails to start correctly, error code - 0xc000007b 093d132d-9b19-4e9b-bcf8-6524e4b2cbdd?upload=true.png

:)

Krishna Pratap, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Bogdan A. Win User

Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher

Hello, I have recently installed the Epic Games Launcher and every time I open it I get a popup with "Application error - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)". I have tried everything like reinstalling DirectX,
    reinstalling .NET core, reinstalling Visual C++ 20xx 64 and 86 bit versions, reinstalling the Epic Games Launcher itself, running in as an administrator, running it in compatibility mode, installing some DLLs in System32 and SysWOW64 Windows files, disabling
    Antivirus, and it still does not open. Can I please get some help?

Thanks.

Bogdan A., Nov 11, 2020
  3. JhakeSong Win User
    Epic Games 0xc000007b error

Hello RazvanUdudec,

This is Will C an Independent Advisor and I will be happy to help you with this issue. This issue was also encountered by an Epic Games subscriber and a solution was provided for it.

Here are the steps done by our forum contributor BogDan A. Link here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

1. Go to the place where you've installed launcher (usually c:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\)

2. Open the 'DirectXRedist' folder

3. Inside, there will be several .cab files (those are just simple archives)

4. Open those .cab files and extract JUST the .dll files, and put the wherever you want (could be the Desktop)

5. Now put those .dll files that you extracted inside the folder where your launcher is located (usually c:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Binaries\Win32\)

6. Launch the Epic Games Launcher and you should be good.

He also created a video guide for the steps. Feel free to visit it from the link provided.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

JhakeSong, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Epic Games Launcher fails to start correctly, error code - 0xc000007b

Unable to Launch Epic Games Launcher

Epic Games Launcher is Unable to open, an error number "0xc000007b" is occurring.

AceZebra1880006, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Epic Games Launcher fails to start correctly, error code - 0xc000007b

1. Epic Games Launcher fails to start correctly, error code - 0xc000007b - Similar Threads - Epic Games Launcher

2. Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error: I've been having an issue when trying to install Epic Games Launcher. Basically, when I open the Epic Games Installer, the loading screen gets to a certain point where DirectX and Permissions are mentioned, then asks me to allow Epic Online Services to make changes to my...
  3. Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error: I've been having an issue when trying to install Epic Games Launcher. Basically, when I open the Epic Games Installer, the loading screen gets to a certain point where DirectX and Permissions are mentioned, then asks me to allow Epic Online Services to make changes to my...
  4. Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher: i already try any method in the internet, also on microsoft forum but still can't launch the launcher correctlyplease help me, i try this at laptop with windows 11...
  5. Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher

Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher: i already try any method in the internet, also on microsoft forum but still can't launch the launcher correctlyplease help me, i try this at laptop with windows 11...
  6. epic games launcher 0xc000007b error when launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    epic games launcher 0xc000007b error when launching: so I get this error every time I try to start epic games launcher I reinstalled it 5 times now I have changed compatibility updated .net files all the drivers all the other stuff ran cmd scan thing have updated windows I have literally done everything even pasted the .cab...
  7. epic games launcher 0xc000007b error when launching

epic games launcher 0xc000007b error when launching: so I get this error every time I try to start epic games launcher I reinstalled it 5 times now I have changed compatibility updated .net files all the drivers all the other stuff ran cmd scan thing have updated windows I have literally done everything even pasted the .cab...
  8. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b, epic games launcher

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b, epic games launcher: I was installing the epic games launcher, and when i click on epic games launcher, this error popped up, the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b, i search for solution at epic games store support but they said i should refer this problem to microsoft support...
  9. Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Epic Games launcher- 0xc000007b error: Hello, I wanted to play fortnite with friends but i got a Error 0xc000007bscreen1. How can i solve it? Also I got similar problem when I tried playing apex legends yesterday. [ATTACH] Thanks, Grzegorz...
  10. Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher: Hello, I have recently installed the Epic Games Launcher and every time I open it I get a popup with "Application error - The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b". I have tried everything like reinstalling DirectX, reinstalling .NET core, reinstalling Visual...
Tags: