Windows 10: Epson All-in-one won't complete a Document scan to PDF- ABBYY Finereader 9.0 "Fine Cmd" not...

Discus and support Epson All-in-one won't complete a Document scan to PDF- ABBYY Finereader 9.0 "Fine Cmd" not... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just recently upgraded from Window 7 to Windows 10 Pro. All my drivers Updated or Current and my Epson WF-3520 prints ok. The only thing I can't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MadBadDad1, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Epson All-in-one won't complete a Document scan to PDF- ABBYY Finereader 9.0 "Fine Cmd" not...

Just recently upgraded from Window 7 to Windows 10 Pro. All my drivers Updated or Current and my Epson WF-3520 prints ok.

The only thing I can't do is finish scanning & saving a document using Epson Scan and ABBYY Finereader 9.0

My all-in-one used to trigger the ABBYY app to convert documents created by the Epson scan software, then save it as PDF file

in a folder of my choice. Now all I get is a error message saying it can't find the "ABBYY Fine Cmd".

ABBYY software is up to date. The ABBY Licensing app is on AUTOMATIC and RUNNING in my MS-Services list.

I have removed and re-Added my Epson WF-3520 to my Device list.

I have re-verified all Windows 10 Pro, Build 1909 updates are current.

I have a support request pending to ABBY support.

The last thread I found related to this issue is from 2018 so I can't reply to the original thread.

Any ideas or fixes would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Brad

:)

MadBadDad1, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

ABBYY finereader 9.0 sprint

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the service not running properly. You can follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard to open Run
    2. Type services.msc and press enter.
    3. Look for ABBYY FineReader Licensing Service.
    4. Right click on the service and click on Properties.
    5. Change the Startup type to
      Automatic
    6. Click on Apply and restart the service.

If you still face the same issue, please reply with the following details:

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 25, 2021
  3. ABBYY finereader 9.0 sprint

why wont my ABBYY fine reader 9.0 sprint work anymore I have windows 10 and up till now it has always worked when I scan documents and try to save. The message is
    ABBYY licensing service unavailable. The RPC server is unavailable this is what comes up when I try to save or edit items. Hope you can help

cherylconstable, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Epson All-in-one won't complete a Document scan to PDF- ABBYY Finereader 9.0 "Fine Cmd" not...

Not able to scan using application ABBYY Finereader 6.0 sprint getting error message "cannot open TWAIN source".

Original Title: Scan and save to Word

I have ABBYY Finereader 6.0 sprint and new HP 1510 printer. Printer does not offer saving to Word. Finereader says cannot open TWAIN source. Can anyone explain how to resolve this? i am running windows 10 64 bit. My old printer scan worked with W 10.

Thanks,

Tony

Tony Murphy, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Epson All-in-one won't complete a Document scan to PDF- ABBYY Finereader 9.0 "Fine Cmd" not...

1. Epson All-in-one won't complete a Document scan to PDF- ABBYY Finereader 9.0 "Fine Cmd" not... - Similar Threads - Epson won't complete

2. Scanning Multipage Documents into one PDF using Windows Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning Multipage Documents into one PDF using Windows Scan: I just switched to a new computer and Windows 10. The software for scanning that came with my Canon Pixma multifunction printer doesn't seem to work in Windows 10. I am using Windows Scan instead. But I can't figure out how to scan multi-page documents into one PDF file. This...
  3. Epson Scan Won't Launch

Epson Scan Won't Launch: I recently did an HP and windows update and since then my Epson Artisan 837 Scan won't launch. The printing works fine and when I go to Epson Settings and run a test it communicates with the scanner, passes and shows it's connected to the network. I've uninstalled and...
  4. Scanning documents to PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scanning documents to PDF file: How can I get documents to scan to a pdf file instead of the GIF, BITMAP, or PNG, These are the only options available in the scan application. I need to be able to scan documents and save them in a PDF format....
  5. ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ABBYY FineReader 12 Sprint: I have the above (free) software installed for a while now but have only just discovered that there is a temporary folder relating to the app. I am attaching a picture of File Explorer showing the folder. The app is for scanning hard copies using my Epson A-I-O...
  6. Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan

Scanning documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan: How does one scan documents to PDF with Windows Fax & Scan? In the event that the App does not have this function, which free third-party apps would be most compatible with Windows 10? Please advise....
  7. Editing a scanned PDF document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing a scanned PDF document: I own a Microsoft Surface with the latest windows update (1903 I think). I used to be able to open a scanned document in Paint and edit it (this was primarily erasing unwanted content). I scanned a document today, and can find no way to edit it. Is there something I can...
  8. ABBYY finereader 9.0 sprint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ABBYY finereader 9.0 sprint: why wont my ABBYY fine reader 9.0 sprint work anymore I have windows 10 and up till now it has always worked when I scan documents and try to save. The message is ABBYY licensing service unavailable. The RPC server is unavailable this is what comes up when I try to save or...
  9. Scanning on all-in-one EPSON WF2530

Scanning on all-in-one EPSON WF2530: The scanner on my printer creates a line on the center of the scanned image ONLY when using the ADF. I just updated the driver from EPSON, but it did not help. Any ideas?...
  10. Abbyy FineReader 5.0 Pro Installation in Windows 10 (64-bit)

Abbyy FineReader 5.0 Pro Installation in Windows 10 (64-bit): Abbyy FineReader 5.0 Pro worked fine for me in Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit). It works just as well for me now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). 1. Install FineReader 5.0 Pro Rename FineReaderPro.exe to FineReaderPro.exe.zip Unzip to folder Run...