Windows 10: Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer- only scanner working

Discus and support Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer- only scanner working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently received a used Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer and cannot figure out why the scanner is the only function available through my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nathaniel Leach, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer- only scanner working

I recently received a used Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer and cannot figure out why the scanner is the only function available through my computer. I connected the printer through USB and downloaded the recommended drivers from the Epson website for Windows 10. When I go to printers and scanners, the Artisan 720 shows up not the 725 which is what I have. Not sure if that matters. Under the name, it says the driver is unavailable. If I click on manage, it only shows get scanner help, scanner properties, and hardware properties. In the control panel under devices and printers, it shows the Artisan 720. If I open it, the only things there are the Epson Product Support and Scanner Management. Nothing shows that it is a printer on my computer.

I looked at another thread titled "Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer" by JeffreyThayer and tried doing some of his solutions. In a later comment by hi, he found the solution to his problem related to the Twain_32 Folder. I went to the Local Disk>Windows>twain_32 and only found 2 of the three items that should be located in the folder. I have the escndv folder and wiatwain.ds file. JeffreyThayer mentioned a BisonC07 folder that I do not have.

I am not sure what it is that I need to do to get the printer recognized and working through my computer.

:)

Nathaniel Leach, Nov 9, 2020
  2. trp6009 Win User

Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer

I have the same issue with my Artisan 725 and WIndows 10. But I don't have a BisonC07 folder in the Twain_32 folder! (I only have the encsdv folder and wiatwain.ds file).

Is there another way to get my scanner to work? (It prints OK over WiFi, and Scans OK to a USB connected directly to the printer. (The error message simply says "Cannot communicate with the scanner.)

trp6009, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer

I up graded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, did this like 9 days ago. Everything seemed to be working fine, it did not take a long time, easy to set up and set up account. Till I wanted to use my scan feature on my Artisan 725 all in one printer, let me
    say 1st, that I can send to do print jobs, and print on a disks, but it would not scan, so I figured it was just a simple driver problem, so I checked it out, and went to the Epson site, where YES they have the latest drivers for Windows 10. Hey it makes sense
    right?, new operating system, need need new drivers, ( the drive by the way is Epson 17113 exe. ) Right, ------wrong,,,, because I did the driver update, and ran the scan feature, and it did not work. so I than contacted Epson support, they put me in contact
    with their first level of support, and jumped through all the hoops, to no avail, nothing worked, they put me in contact with the second level of support, went through all the steps, jumped through all the hoops, with the same results, now it seems like, and
    the computer is telling me and them that it sees the scanner, it is connected to the printer / scanner, But will not scan. simply put, Epson used all there tools, but still the same issue, can not scan. at which time the second level support told me, they
    have exhausted all avenues of support, and gave me the number to Microsoft which they believed the problem was on their end. So I contacted Microsoft support, and straight away they jumped on it and asked for remote us of my computer, and did their thing,,,
    for 3 days and 4 techs later, and $99.00 later, I still can not use my scan feature of the printer. since then they- Microsoft have put in process to refund the $99.00, at the same time they told me, they have tried every thing and exhausted their resources
    also in fixing the problem, and tell me they have no idea, clue, date, time, or even if they are going to look in to, or contact or work with Epson to fix the problem????? The printer model is not that old, and a very good printer and scanner if you still
    use Windows 7, or like my friends have a Mac with the latest operating system. So my question is in short, is there any body out there who has the same problems with the same printer, and if so, did you find any thing, or are you stuck too! with out the use
    of the scan feature of the above mentioned printer. and to go out on a limb here did any one find a trick to make it work, or get any more information than I did from Microsoft?????????

JeffreyThayer, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer- only scanner working

Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer

Well Well I got it figured out, it pays to pester support services. I was just about to give up on this. mess, that Microsoft could not figure out (3 days, 4 techs and 2 levels, later.) But I am not giving any slack to Epson either, I just called Epson support,
    basically with the intent of raising **** with tech support after I let them jump through the hoops, and fail. But to my surprise, and in their level 2 of support, the tech had me go to my Local Disk (CEpson Artisan 725 all in one printer- only scanner working :) then click the Windows Folder, click on Twain_32 folder,
    You should see 3 folders. escndv folder, waitwain.ds folder, and BisonC07 folder. The tech had me click on it and cut it, and paste it on my desktop where my Epson Scan icon was. the tech had me try running the scan feature of the printer, and it WORKED!,
    now the 1st two times I contacted Epson support, they were at a complete loss why the scan was not working and referred me to Microsoft, and like above 3 days 4 techs and 2 levels of support later, could not figure out I since have moved the BisonC07 folder
    to the start menu, and moved the Epson Scan icon to the task bar. and it is still working with out a hitch.

So if any one is suffering the same Epson scan woe I was, just follow the instructions above, and you should be able to use your Epson Artisan 725 scan feature. Now I am just waiting for Microsoft to refund the $99.00 I paid.

JeffreyThayer, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer- only scanner working

1. Epson Artisan 725 all in one printer- only scanner working - Similar Threads - Epson Artisan 725

2. Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner: This post is to add information. I have read many other posts where owners of scanners are no longer able to access the scanner.Suggestions include rebooting, deleting and re-installing, making sure drivers are up to date, disabling the firewall, restarting Windows Image...
  3. Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner: This post is to add information. I have read many other posts where owners of scanners are no longer able to access the scanner.Suggestions include rebooting, deleting and re-installing, making sure drivers are up to date, disabling the firewall, restarting Windows Image...
  4. my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working: My scanner for my WF-2540 is not working. can you help i do not like the Windows 11. i would like my Windows 10 back if possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-epson-wf2540-the-scanner-is-not-working/0d1eecc1-12b9-4a40-a905-a5ad08460081
  5. my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working: My scanner for my WF-2540 is not working. can you help i do not like the Windows 11. i would like my Windows 10 back if possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-epson-wf2540-the-scanner-is-not-working/0d1eecc1-12b9-4a40-a905-a5ad08460081
  6. my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I have an Epson XP 2100 printer and scanner all in one, the printer work fines but I can't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an Epson XP 2100 printer and scanner all in one, the printer work fines but I can't...: I have an Epson XP 2100 printer and scanner all in one, the printer work fines but my device doesn't seem to be able to detect the scanner I'm using a laptop with windows 10 can anyone help get this scanner working please?...
  8. Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner: Windows 10 1903 1836. About 3 days ago I went to use my printer but it wasn't 'seen' on the network and I also noticed that there were no printers showing in Device Manager. I'm not at all sure how I got the printer to work but it was something to do with default printer....
  9. All in One printer /scanner

All in One printer /scanner: Ihave an Epson All in One printer scanner that is installed on my pc correctly and i am able to print anything just fine . However Windows is not recognising my scanner at all . Any suggestions ?...
  10. I have an Epson Artisan 830 scanner jam...

I have an Epson Artisan 830 scanner jam...: I have an Epson Artisan 830 scanner - tried to scan and get this message: Problem scanning There was a paper jam. Clean the paper from the scanner and try again. How do you clear a paper jam when you are only scanning a document?...