Windows 10: Epson DS-510 is having issue with my Windows laptop

Discus and support Epson DS-510 is having issue with my Windows laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Epson's scanner but it seems that File Name Setting Dialog Box doesn't appear when I click "Edit" to change the name of file each time. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by QuigerNelson, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Epson DS-510 is having issue with my Windows laptop

I have Epson's scanner but it seems that File Name Setting Dialog Box doesn't appear when I click "Edit" to change the name of file each time.

This is what happens when I clicked the "Edit"

• No new window pops up as usual
    • Epson Scan window and File Save Settings window become gray out as you can't change it
    • When I click enter, File Save Setting window comes back to be active

So the application opens (or at least thinks it opened) the Fine Name Setting Dialog Box but I can't see it anywhere on my desk top.

I had the multiple desktops but even if I closed them all, I can't find it anywhere.

I checked the setting and the windows had some small updates this morning and a few days ago. I already uninstalled and installed the driver and restarted again but no luck.

Anyone? Any idea/help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

QuigerNelson, Nov 13, 2019

2. Epson Ds-510 shutting down

I have a DS 510 scanner, worked for hours with Epson on this. it shut down as soon as I open excel, word, or chrome that I have found so far. it work as long as I do not open any thing but it.

epson says it is a windows problem and said I need to come here and get answer.

allenWhisman, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Epson Ds-510 shutting down

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. When you mention “Shut down” do you mean the scanner powers off?
    2. Are you aware of any recent changers made to the system?
    3. May I know the make and the model number of your system?
    4. Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer?

Below are few of the methods that you can try to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

Method 1:

1. Start
      your computer into safe mode with networking
    2. Try to open Excel in Safe mode and check if the scanner still powers off.

Method 2:

1. I suggest you
      uninstall all the Epson drivers
    2. Reboot the computer.
    3. Download and install the Scanner driver from the manufacturer website.

We will need more information to work on this issue to analyze and research on it.

I have sent a private message to you, please follow the steps mentioned in the message to provide the required information about the issue.

To check the private message, click on
    your name at the top right hand corner of the screen and select
    view private messages.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Nov 13, 2019
  4. LeonDuong Win User

Epson DS-510 is having issue with my Windows laptop

EPSON DS-40 Scanner incompatible with USB 3.0

Hi all,

I am currently having a connection issue between the EPSON scanner DS-40 with a machine running Windows 10 Pro 64-bits via USB 2.0 cable. The machine has USB 3.0 and the latest driver is downloaded from EPSON website which is compatible with Windows 10 64-bits.

Whenever I start scanning, the software EPSON scanner works fine but it will eventually lose connection. When I ran the troubleshoot option, the below message appears

'EPSON DS-40 is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0'

Has anyone experienced this issue before and found a solution?

Many thanks!

LeonDuong, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Epson DS-510 is having issue with my Windows laptop

1. Epson DS-510 is having issue with my Windows laptop - Similar Threads - Epson 510 having

2. Have issue in Window 11 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have issue in Window 11 on my laptop: I have installed window 11 in my company laptop, but not working properly. Whats the problem and how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-issue-in-window-11-on-my-laptop/979f3127-555f-4ca2-a3b2-dafd7b00eaf7
  3. Have issue in Window 11 on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have issue in Window 11 on my laptop: I have installed window 11 in my company laptop, but not working properly. Whats the problem and how to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-issue-in-window-11-on-my-laptop/979f3127-555f-4ca2-a3b2-dafd7b00eaf7
  4. My Lenovo 510 laptop with Windows 10 on it is corrupted and nothing is able to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Lenovo 510 laptop with Windows 10 on it is corrupted and nothing is able to fix it: For the past two days, I've been unable to get my Lenovo 510 laptop to workOriginally it wasn't working as it would just be stuck on the Welcome loading screen, no sign in button or anything, but because of me trying to use methods on the Advanced Startup page it doesn't even...
  5. My Lenovo 510 laptop with Windows 10 on it is corrupted and nothing is able to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Lenovo 510 laptop with Windows 10 on it is corrupted and nothing is able to fix it: For the past two days, I've been unable to get my Lenovo 510 laptop to workOriginally it wasn't working as it would just be stuck on the Welcome loading screen, no sign in button or anything, but because of me trying to use methods on the Advanced Startup page it doesn't even...
  6. My Lenovo 510 laptop with Windows 10 on it is corrupted and nothing is able to fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. EPSON DS 860 scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EPSON DS 860 scanner: After a mandatory Windows 10 update my Epson DS 860 scanner is no longer working. We have reinstalled the Epson drivers, but is seems that the scanner is not being recognized. This is a high-speed duplex scanner and it should work since it did prior to the operating system...
  8. epson printer issues

epson printer issues: My Epson printer has been working well and still does for emails and documents, but doesn't print from internet. I get this error message: Printer has experienced a configuration problem 0x8007007e...
  9. Epson Printer Issues

Epson Printer Issues: Hi, Recently i have upgraded my computer to windows 10 and been having some issues ever since. The printer wouldn't connect to my PC. I thought it may be driver issues so i found the most recent drivers for the printer and installed them. However, now the issue is that the...
  10. Epson Ds-510 shutting down

Epson Ds-510 shutting down: I have a DS 510 scanner, worked for hours with Epson on this. it shut down as soon as I open excel, word, or chrome that I have found so far. it work as long as I do not open any thing but it. epson says it is a windows problem and said I need to come here and get answer....