Windows 10: EPSON DS 860 scanner

Discus and support EPSON DS 860 scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a mandatory Windows 10 update my Epson DS 860 scanner is no longer working. We have reinstalled the Epson drivers, but is seems that the scanner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EUTUSA, Aug 25, 2020.

1. EUTUSA Win User

EPSON DS 860 scanner

After a mandatory Windows 10 update my Epson DS 860 scanner is no longer working. We have reinstalled the Epson drivers, but is seems

that the scanner is not being recognized. This is a high-speed duplex scanner and it should work since it did prior to the operating system

upgrade. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.. Thank you

:)

EUTUSA, Aug 25, 2020
  2. LeonDuong Win User

EPSON DS-40 Scanner incompatible with USB 3.0

Hi all,

I am currently having a connection issue between the EPSON scanner DS-40 with a machine running Windows 10 Pro 64-bits via USB 2.0 cable. The machine has USB 3.0 and the latest driver is downloaded from EPSON website which is compatible with Windows 10 64-bits.

Whenever I start scanning, the software EPSON scanner works fine but it will eventually lose connection. When I ran the troubleshoot option, the below message appears

'EPSON DS-40 is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0'

Has anyone experienced this issue before and found a solution?

Many thanks!

LeonDuong, Aug 25, 2020
  3. DorChe Win User
    EPSON DS-6500 not scanning from the scanner

I recently replaced my HP desktop with Vista to HP desktop with Windows 10. I have an Epson workhorse DS-6500 scanner that I have an interface console that allows me to scan documents from the scanner into the folder across the network. I've downloaded
    the appropriate drivers onto the desktop and I'm able to scan from the application on the desktop... but it won't recognize the pc from the scanner when I try to scan from the scanner itself. Additionally, I use Windows Defender. I was advised from Epson to
    that the problem may be Windows Defender. Has anyone had this issue?

DorChe, Aug 25, 2020
  4. huha Win User

EPSON DS 860 scanner

Find a driver for Epson Perfection 1240U Photo scanner on Windows 10 64 bit

I found a solution here.

(translated the following steps from german. Sorry if it's not exactly translated.)

• Search the Win10 64 bit driver for the Epson Perfection 2400 scanner
    • I found "Epson Scan 3.0.4 17-Jul-2009 20.68MBs" and installed it. The installer asks for the scanner model. I only selected EPSON Perfection 2400.
    • Connecting the scanner afterwards needs some manual help: Go to device manager and find the EPSON Perfection 1240. Manually install the driver from the context menu - Update driver... - Browse my computer... - Let me pick from a list...
    • Select Imaging devices
    • EPSON Perfection 2400
    • Done

The scanner is shown as EPSON Perfection 2400 instead of EPSON Perfection 1240. But it works.

On the german epson support page there is also an update for the driver "EPSON Scan Updater 1.0 13-Jul-2018 0.72MBs". I also installed this afterwards with success.
    Probably the english version "Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A" has this update already included.

Thema:

EPSON DS 860 scanner

1. EPSON DS 860 scanner - Similar Threads - EPSON 860 scanner

2. Epson Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Scanner: My Epson WF3520 scanner won't work with my new Windows 10 laptop. It does fine on my old Windows 7 laptop. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-scanner/1588806c-5783-4df2-b664-59662731cdf3
  3. my epson scanner will not work

my epson scanner will not work: I updated from win 7 to win 10 now my epson xp 202 scanner will not work the printer works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-epson-scanner-will-not-work/d99d586d-1b82-4ea7-bfa8-5ef8e358e182
  4. V600 Epson scanner

V600 Epson scanner: I have a computer with window 10 and have downloaded drivers for Epson V600 scanner. It fails to work. Googled the problem and other people have the same issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/v600-epson-scanner/9763feef-93af-452f-8c14-eb60e252c7fa
  5. Epson scanner

Epson scanner: Scanner stopped working. It will scan one item when I first log in then I get an error message each time I try to scan further items. Telling me the scanner is not connected. Have tried to follow the advice to connect it using the help section but none of what I am told to do...
  6. Epson sx200 Printer Scanner

Epson sx200 Printer Scanner: I recently purchase a new PC with Win 10. My Printer/Scanner worked perfectly with Win 7 but now I only get a generic Windows interface and not the Epson Creativity suite that I used to control the scanner in win 7. I have tried updating drivers but I still can't get the...
  7. Epson DS-510 is having issue with my Windows laptop

Epson DS-510 is having issue with my Windows laptop: I have Epson's scanner but it seems that File Name Setting Dialog Box doesn't appear when I click "Edit" to change the name of file each time. This is what happens when I clicked the "Edit" No new window pops up as usual Epson Scan window and File Save Settings window...
  8. Epson Ds-510 shutting down

Epson Ds-510 shutting down: I have a DS 510 scanner, worked for hours with Epson on this. it shut down as soon as I open excel, word, or chrome that I have found so far. it work as long as I do not open any thing but it. epson says it is a windows problem and said I need to come here and get answer....
  9. Epson WF-2540 scanner

Epson WF-2540 scanner: Unable to connect to scanner. Any help would be appreciated. I'm technology challenged. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-wf-2540-scanner/60973b78-e8fb-4a3f-a9dc-37c7ccd120a1
  10. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner: Hi, has anyone been able to get the Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner to work with Windows 10 64bit 28479