Windows 10: Epson ES-400 not recognized by Windows 10 Pro , release 1809.

Discus and support Epson ES-400 not recognized by Windows 10 Pro , release 1809. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm unable to use my Epson-Es-400 Scanner with Windows 10 Pro, Release 1809. I've uninstalled, reinstalled drivers (yes, most up to date) from Epson.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenMatlaga, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Epson ES-400 not recognized by Windows 10 Pro , release 1809.

I'm unable to use my Epson-Es-400 Scanner with Windows 10 Pro, Release 1809. I've uninstalled, reinstalled drivers (yes, most up to date) from Epson. I've sat on the phone with Epson customer support for hours. They blame Microsoft for the issue. Something about WIA must have been broken in that latest release.

I did test the scanner on a laptop top with Windows Home, Release 1803 and it works just fine. So, this does point to a Windows update issue. I'm not about to wipe my computer and reload an older version of windows. This scanner is still sold today in stores, so it isn't obsolete.

I've tried everything I can think of. Any thoughts? The install software seems to know the scanner is there, but just hangs up. Windows simply isn't aware of the scanner as being a scanner. I knows something is plugged into the usb port, but nothing more.

I can't believe I'm the only one having this issue with Epson ES-400. It's a wonderful scanner and I hate to dump it, only to find out this is actually a windows issue.

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

:)

StephenMatlaga, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 1809 update release

Hi Tonizio,

Insiders are testing a modified release of Windows 10 1809 feature update and the release will happen in due time. The Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Pro N edition (1809 build) will be available for download once the feature update is pushed.

The new official release of the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 Pro 1809 N edition will be listed under
    Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions once released.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Nypto_686 Win User
    My PC WILL NOT recognize my Epson XP 400. Epson says "Windows does not support this version"

Original title: Computer talking to USB Printer.

My PC WILL NOT recognize my Epson XP 400. I have swapped USB cables. Uninstalled/re-installed the printer software. Epson says "Windows does not support this verion" It used to work great but after an auto update it quit. It does copy standalone.

Nypto_686, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Epson ES-400 not recognized by Windows 10 Pro , release 1809.

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Epson ES-400 not recognized by Windows 10 Pro , release 1809. [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Epson ES-400 not recognized by Windows 10 Pro , release 1809.

1. Epson ES-400 not recognized by Windows 10 Pro , release 1809. - Similar Threads - Epson 400 recognized

2. How can I get my Epson ES-400 scanner to work in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my Epson ES-400 scanner to work in Windows 11?: My ES-400 works fine in Windows 10 software but when I went to Windows 11 it will not work. It shows up in the Device Manager as working fine. If I look at the scanner software from windows it list's it as an available option but it will not work. It will spin forever,...
  3. How can I get my Epson ES-400 scanner to work in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my Epson ES-400 scanner to work in Windows 11?: My ES-400 works fine in Windows 10 software but when I went to Windows 11 it will not work. It shows up in the Device Manager as working fine. If I look at the scanner software from windows it list's it as an available option but it will not work. It will spin forever,...
  4. Scanner driver for Windows 11 - Epson ES-300W

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner driver for Windows 11 - Epson ES-300W: I am having problems using an Epson ES-300W portable scanner. Just purchased laptops for staff and they came pre-loaded with Windows 11. We have tried both Epson Scan 2 and Windows Scan and neither work properly. I do not want to replace 20 scanners. Where can I get a Windows...
  5. Scanner driver for Windows 11 - Epson ES-300W

Scanner driver for Windows 11 - Epson ES-300W: I am having problems using an Epson ES-300W portable scanner. Just purchased laptops for staff and they came pre-loaded with Windows 11. We have tried both Epson Scan 2 and Windows Scan and neither work properly. I do not want to replace 20 scanners. Where can I get a Windows...
  6. Driver for Epson ES-200 Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver for Epson ES-200 Scanner: I am using a Lenovo 5G WIndows 11 ARM64 machine and I am not able to download the driver because I get an error message while installing the provided driver. Is there a driver that would work with an Epson ES-200 scanner for an ARM64 windows 11 machine?...
  7. Driver for Epson ES-200 Scanner

Driver for Epson ES-200 Scanner: I am using a Lenovo 5G WIndows 11 ARM64 machine and I am not able to download the driver because I get an error message while installing the provided driver. Is there a driver that would work with an Epson ES-200 scanner for an ARM64 windows 11 machine?...
  8. Epson ES-400 Scanner will not work with Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson ES-400 Scanner will not work with Microsoft 10: I've spent 3 days in a row on the phone with Epson's tech support. They insist it's a Microsoft issue. Error codes include: E1460-B305 E583-B318 E425-B202 E1460-B304 I have uninstalled McAfee per Epson. Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, rebooted, etc. When the...
  9. Epson ES-50 scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson ES-50 scanner: Recently purchased compact scanner and having trouble setting up to HP Laptop purchased last week. I'm not able to get laptop to recognize scanner. any advice would be great...
  10. Windows 10 1809 update release

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update release: When are they thinking to release it? I need the Media Feature Pack because I got the N edition of Windows and I can't do anything without it... Or if someone still has it, that would be really helpfull. ***Title changed from: When is Microsoft thinking of releasing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson es 400 not recognized

2. epson es 400 freezes in windows 10 pro

3. epson es-400 driver only

4. nu vot,
  5. epson es400 not scanning windows 10,
  6. es-400 windows 10 wont work,
  7. scanner es-400 not recognized,
  8. epson es-400 windows 10 driver only,
  9. epson 400 scanner not detected,
  10. epson es-400 unable to start scanning,
  11. epson es400 wwindows 10 1809,