Windows 10: Epson ES-50 scanner

Discus and support Epson ES-50 scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently purchased compact scanner and having trouble setting up to HP Laptop purchased last week. I'm not able to get laptop to recognize scanner. any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrendaB727, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Epson ES-50 scanner

Recently purchased compact scanner and having trouble setting up to HP Laptop purchased last week. I'm not able to get laptop to recognize scanner. any advice would be great

:)

BrendaB727, Aug 17, 2020

2. I bought an Epson ES-50 scanner.

You have posted to the Windows 8 forums.

That error message you have posted relates to Windows 8.1.

And so does the system requirements for that update.

Windows 8.1 Update (KB2919355)

Download Windows 8.1 Update (KB2919355) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Supported Operating System

Windows 8.1

Support for 8 ended in Jan, 2016 and you were supposed to use the free upgrade to 8.1

Did you download the Windows 8 drivers for it, or the Windows 8.1 drivers from Epson?

Epson WorkForce ES-50

Epson WorkForce ES-50 | ES Series | Scanners | Support | Epson US

Bill Smithers, Aug 17, 2020
  3. I bought an Epson ES-50 scanner.

I bought an Epson ES-50 scanner. I have followed all the directions to download files for the scanner. I keep getting a blocked message. I called Epson and they say it is a microsoft problem. Below is the message I am getting.
    Epson ES-50 scanner af2fa2f9-8302-4dcc-b43f-572ccaf3ae60?upload=true.png

DebraCanter, Aug 17, 2020
  4. huha Win User

Epson ES-50 scanner

Find a driver for Epson Perfection 1240U Photo scanner on Windows 10 64 bit

I found a solution here.

(translated the following steps from german. Sorry if it's not exactly translated.)

• Search the Win10 64 bit driver for the Epson Perfection 2400 scanner
    • I found "Epson Scan 3.0.4 17-Jul-2009 20.68MBs" and installed it. The installer asks for the scanner model. I only selected EPSON Perfection 2400.
    • Connecting the scanner afterwards needs some manual help: Go to device manager and find the EPSON Perfection 1240. Manually install the driver from the context menu - Update driver... - Browse my computer... - Let me pick from a list...
    • Select Imaging devices
    • EPSON Perfection 2400
    • Done

The scanner is shown as EPSON Perfection 2400 instead of EPSON Perfection 1240. But it works.

On the german epson support page there is also an update for the driver "EPSON Scan Updater 1.0 13-Jul-2018 0.72MBs". I also installed this afterwards with success.
    Probably the english version "Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A" has this update already included.

Thema:

Epson ES-50 scanner

1. Epson ES-50 scanner - Similar Threads - Epson scanner

2. Why does Windows keep deleting my Epson Scan scanner software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows keep deleting my Epson Scan scanner software...: I found this was posted last year and locked. This has been going on for over 10 years. It is crazy. It is wrong. But, Microsoft seems to do nothing about it.Why on earth take perfectly working and totally necessary software and just delete it so the user can go through the...
  3. Why does Windows keep deleting my Epson Scan scanner software...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows keep deleting my Epson Scan scanner software...: I found this was posted last year and locked. This has been going on for over 10 years. It is crazy. It is wrong. But, Microsoft seems to do nothing about it.Why on earth take perfectly working and totally necessary software and just delete it so the user can go through the...
  4. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  5. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  6. After upgrade to Windows 11 - Epson ES-500WR scanner takes 45 seconds to begin feeding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrade to Windows 11 - Epson ES-500WR scanner takes 45 seconds to begin feeding...: After upgrading to windows 11, my Epson ES-500WR Scanner has a delay of 45 seconds from the time I click on the scan button, to the time it starts feeding the papers into the scanner to be scanned. Once it starts scanning, it works perfectly... I have uninstalled, and...
  7. After upgrade to Windows 11 - Epson ES-500WR scanner takes 45 seconds to begin feeding...

After upgrade to Windows 11 - Epson ES-500WR scanner takes 45 seconds to begin feeding...: After upgrading to windows 11, my Epson ES-500WR Scanner has a delay of 45 seconds from the time I click on the scan button, to the time it starts feeding the papers into the scanner to be scanned. Once it starts scanning, it works perfectly... I have uninstalled, and...
  8. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  9. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  10. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo: Epson scanner won't open Shows one panel but with no execution buttons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-wont-open-epson-v500-photo/4618ff37-0638-4bc5-92ae-7d295f119e96