Windows 10: epson printer driver wont install

Discus and support epson printer driver wont install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i've updated to windows 10 on my pc and i'm unable to download the driver for my epson sx235w printer to my pc. i've tried the install disc and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikeyboy, Oct 13, 2015.

1. mikeyboy Win User

epson printer driver wont install

i've updated to windows 10 on my pc and i'm unable to download the driver for my epson sx235w printer to my pc. i've tried the install disc and also via the drivers online. each time it starts to download the drivers it gets stuck on the download part with the spinning wheel for at least 30mins.
    the printer was working perfectly on windows 8 via a usb cable, but since going to windows 10 the printer isnt recognised and the drivers wont install.
    please help?

:)

mikeyboy, Oct 13, 2015
  2. SuePearce Win User

Printer Epson Stylus SX415

I have contacted Epson and they have suggested that I download and install a new printer driver for my Epson that is not now working. I get through the Licence agreement and then get the message "The printer driver cannot be installed". I also tried downloading
    a program from your topics list and get the error message 0x8002801D the download wont run!

Before I buy a new printer is there any help you can offer. Epson wont let me use their help line any longer as I have repeatedly asked the same question!

SuePearce, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Tom C23 Win User
    epson photo stylus r300 printer not loading windows 10

Driver for my printer is not automatically loading and there is no driver download from epson,says window will install driver.

This worked on a previous installation by removing all epson software rebooting and switching printer on.

In devices and printers the printer comes up as USB 2 hi speed.

Help appreciated.

Tom C23, Oct 13, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Try to right-click on the setup file. Select Properties and then click on the compatibility tab. Check and set the version to Windows 8 and also check the Run as Administrator box. Try running the setup again, this time it should succeed.

spapakons, Oct 13, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    I'm a little confused by your post.

Are you unable to download the driver installation package from Epson? (It's approx. 24 MB in size for the X64 version.) I had no difficulty in getting it from the UK (I'm in the USA). The file is from an FTP site, which might be relevant depending on the security settings of your internet access. (My cable modem at home, when set to its highest security settings, doesn't like FTP.) I would expect whatever application you're using to get the file to either fail to connect or to time out long before 30 minutes, but I could be wrong.

If you are using the word "download" for "install", perhaps you need to run the installer in compatibility mode. The drivers date from 2013, so they obviously were not written for Windows 10.

bobkn, Oct 13, 2015
  6. mikeyboy Win User
    thanks for the replies guys.
    i've tried running in compatability mode. what basically happens is the starts to extract but again nopthing happens a box appears saying its extracting and doesnt give me the option to press the setup button. only cancel and about buttons.
    btw im a bit of a novice with this so bear with me.
    i'm lost now tbh.
    just seems that whatever i try be it install from cd, download file and try and install from internet it never completes the action. always seems to have the spinning wheel etc

mikeyboy, Oct 13, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Question, having issues installing other software ? I have Epson XP-600 drivers are just as old as yours and is working fine for me in 64bit Windows 10.
    http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pro...3aU8U003D&tc=6

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  8. mikeyboy Win User

i've just downloaded and installed ccleaner for instance and it worked fine. i've no idea why the drivers are not installing.

mikeyboy, Oct 14, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Just realized this is only europe model. Uses only WiFi ? Try to Right click setup.exe and Run As Administrator.
    http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon...pport/11101/28

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  10. mikeyboy Win User
    the printer hasnt been able to connect via wifi for a while now so i'm using a usb cable. again no idea why this is.

mikeyboy, Oct 14, 2015
  11. mikeyboy Win User
    have tried to install the setup for the printer from epson site it said 'failed to decompress the archive'.

mikeyboy, Oct 14, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    Still trying to figure out why it is stopping you, did try to run as admin ? Usually printer should not be hooked until it tells you to, at least is way for me with mine.

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  13. mikeyboy Win User

ok i've just tried it again with the original setup cd and got a bit further this time. it got as far as the connection via usb or wifi but the pc is not connecting with the printer at all at that point of the setup. why this is i dont know. cant go any further.

mikeyboy, Oct 14, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    So you get as far as it asking you to connect the printer and you do it USB that is when it stalls ? Any messages it told you then ? Try another port and if have Anti-Virus turn it off temporarily.

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  15. mikeyboy Win User
    Yeah when it tries to connect via usb it says it may take up to 2 mins. I left it over 5 and it still hasn't connected. No message comes up just keeps trying to connect. I'm no longer in front of the pc so may try it again tomorrow with the anti virus off.

mikeyboy, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

1. epson printer driver wont install - Similar Threads - epson printer driver

2. Epson CX6600 Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson CX6600 Printer Driver: I have an Epson CX6600 printer - I know it's old but it works fine. It was running happily in Windows 10 on my 9 year old Desktop.I have installed an SSD to replace the existing 1TB hard drive, and the cloned copy although mostly working had some windows 10 errors that...
  3. Epson CX6600 Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson CX6600 Printer Driver: I have an Epson CX6600 printer - I know it's old but it works fine. It was running happily in Windows 10 on my 9 year old Desktop.I have installed an SSD to replace the existing 1TB hard drive, and the cloned copy although mostly working had some windows 10 errors that...
  4. Epson CX6600 Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Epson printer driver download

Epson printer driver download: Hello. I have an Epson xp 245 printer scanner. I have just reinstalled my PC operating system. As the printer driver was lost I downloaded it again from the web. the download was successful but the driver is no where on the PC. I have tried this three times now. each...
  6. Uninstalling Epson Printer Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling Epson Printer Driver: I do not recall installing Epson Printer Drivers as I d not have an Epson Printer I tried to uninstall in from System application program, It does not allow . Please asssist...
  7. Epson Printer Driver - XP driver installed on 10 - device not showing as printer

Epson Printer Driver - XP driver installed on 10 - device not showing as printer: I inherited an Epson Stylus Pro9600~2003 and would like to get it working for a local non-profit. I downloaded the last driver available from the epson site. It was for Windows XP 64-bit...
  8. Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342

Trying to install printer driver for Epson XP-342: I've downloaded the installation software from the Epson site. When I run the Utility Setup, I get as far as "Checking currently installed printer drivers", and then the software "fails to respond." How can I get past this impasse?...
  9. installing Epson Printer Driver

installing Epson Printer Driver: Windows 10 firewall blocks Epson printer driver installation. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/installing-epson-printer-driver/764f1c47-9c6e-4176-a5dc-973fd20878c2
  10. Epson Printer Drivers for Win 10?

Epson Printer Drivers for Win 10?: Hi does anyone know or think the 64 bit 8.1 drivers for my printer may work for Win 10? (64 bit) Epson does not offer Win 10 drivers Some sites offer the drivers but I try not to download things from sites I do not trust It could be the 8.1 drivers in disguise or malware...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. failed to decompress the archive

2. epson failed to decompress archive

3. epson xp435 printer drivers wont install

4. my computer wont let me add my epson stylus cx8400 printer,
  5. epson printer wont install driver,
  6. epson w10 failed to decompress archive