Windows 10: Epson Printer XP-640, can't scan to a flash drive

Discus and support Epson Printer XP-640, can't scan to a flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Although there is a USB/flash drive port, and the user guide says the printer can scan to the flash drive, there is no way to select the flash drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nothingbutttees, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Epson Printer XP-640, can't scan to a flash drive

Although there is a USB/flash drive port, and the user guide says the printer can scan to the flash drive, there is no way to select the flash drive. It lets me choose computer, email and others but no flash drive.

:)

Nothingbutttees, Mar 31, 2021
  2. C.A.S Win User

Epson XP-640 won't scan

My Epson XP-640 printer/scanner won't scan anything. It doesn't connect to my laptop by Wi Fi anymore and I get a message saying that …. 'computer)s) for the WSD scanner were not found'.

C.A.S, Mar 31, 2021
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Yeah, I see that's Epson-Ireland.

Got it - printer is Wi-Fi. With that... As Oscar pointed to your printer drivers you need to install the

• Driver
    • Epson Scan software
    • Epson Scan updater software
    You might also need to install the "Other Software" in the "Event Manager" software.

Also, are you sure you're looking at the main PC (the PC where you installed the software for the printer)?

Have you checked you printer's network settings?

I'd also suggest you go over the owner's manual for said printer. It can be downloaded via Oscar's link under Manual & Documentation.

Anyway if things are right you should see both scanner and printer under Device Manager as shown for my Epson XP-960 Wi-Fi printer...

Epson Printer XP-640, can't scan to a flash drive [​IMG]

(There are not "hidden". And the printer is powered off)

Good luck.

sygnus21, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Nasho23 Win User

Epson Printer XP-640, can't scan to a flash drive

Win 10 Pro & Epson XP-640 Printer Installation

Have you tried Settings, Devices and Printers, Remove Printer and then add printer in windows? Printer needs to be hooked up and power on before clicking on Add Printer.

Yes; I have done those suggested fixes and still have the problem. Thank You.

Nasho23, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Epson Printer XP-640, can't scan to a flash drive

1. Epson Printer XP-640, can't scan to a flash drive - Similar Threads - Epson Printer 640

2. Epson XP 340 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson XP 340 printer: Screen stays on "Ink our Error". Can't switch to another screen/settings. I replaced ink; still has error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-xp-340-printer/3d13276a-1af0-4823-a305-523ad707ebf1
  3. Epson XP-640 Print Queue

Epson XP-640 Print Queue: I cannot seem to empty the print queue on my Epson XP-640 printer from my Lenovo Yoga laptop. Things print satisfactorily from mu HP desktop. I have tried "Cancel Document" and "Cancel All Documents" to no avail. My operating system is Windows 10. The print queue...
  4. Win 10 Pro & Epson XP-640 Printer Installation

Win 10 Pro & Epson XP-640 Printer Installation: I have just Re-Installed my Epson XP-640 Printer USB, with Latest Software direct Install from Epson, due to the problem described below. When the Printer is Installed, its Icon does not appear in the Network Printers List - It appears as "Unspecified" Device. As a result...
  5. Epson Printer will print but not scan

Epson Printer will print but not scan: My Epson will print but not scan & I've tried many to the "fix its" but for some reason it's still not working. I truly need some suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-will-print-but-not-scan/4a5644c6-f51d-420c-ad2e-1249b0084fa6
  6. Epson XP-340 Printer

Epson XP-340 Printer: I have a printer that runs out of ink very quickly. I have purchased a black ink cartridge with extra ink and want to remove access to the colours and have it print only in black. This used to be so easy years ago and now I am stuck. Any idea of how to accomplish this. I...
  7. How do I change ink color in my Epson XP-640 printer?

How do I change ink color in my Epson XP-640 printer?: How do I change ink color in my Epson XP-640 printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-ink-color-in-my-epson-xp-640/70dbe9eb-82c2-42bc-8ccb-99d779c5605b
  8. epson xp 340 printer

epson xp 340 printer: hi have just purchased the above & generally all has gone well ,ive scanned ok but wont print on command from printer .the icon is up on task bar etc ,assume the status "use printer offline" is correct , so any ideas.thoughts please .don small...
  9. Epson XP-640 won't scan

Epson XP-640 won't scan: My Epson XP-640 printer/scanner won't scan anything. It doesn't connect to my laptop by Wi Fi anymore and I get a message saying that …. 'computer)s) for the WSD scanner were not found'....
  10. Epson XP-420 printer issues

Epson XP-420 printer issues: I bought a new laptop in February. I installed my Epson XP-420 printer shortly after receiving the laptop. At that point both the printer and scanner functioned . After the last update on 7-11-18 the scanner no longer functions. When I click on scan I get a message that tells...