Windows 10: Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11

Discus and support Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since I've updated to Windows 11 I have been unable to launch Epson Scan. When I click on the icon to run the application it will start up in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark617, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Mark617 Win User

Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11

Ever since I've updated to Windows 11 I have been unable to launch Epson Scan. When I click on the icon to run the application it will start up in the task bar but immediately disappears before any window is launched it also does not show in task manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times as well as searched and tried out all of the 'fixes' on online forums. The troubleshooter does not identify any problems. Compatibility mode is off, the drivers are up to date, I'm not sure what else to do. My Epson hardware is a v600 photo scanner that is sitting useless as I can't seem

:)

Mark617, Jul 13, 2022

2. Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11

The following is a fix for Epson Scan software not being recognized in Windows 11. This is working for me.

Below steps derived from “The Geek Page”, dated January 28, 2022 By Saurav Dey.

Step#1: In the search box, type Run and select it from the search results.

Step#2: In the Run dialog box, type services.msc and click OK.

Step#3: The Services window will open. Scroll down and locate Windows Image Acquisition or WIA.

Step#4: Make a right-click on the WIA and select Properties from the drop menu.

Step#5: In the WIA panel, click on the Log On tab.

Step#6: Under the Log On tab, select the Local System Account option. Check the box beside Allow Service to Interact with Desktop and click Apply to proceed.

Step#7, restart the Service then restart the computer. Epson Scan should now work.

Additional note: When Epson Scan starts if the “Preview” & “Scan” buttons are not visible then click once anywhere in the left hand panel & then press the keyboard “Alt” key. The buttons should now appear. (this part is from Epson support).

jwbassgarl, Jul 13, 2022
  3. BadAtIT Win User
    Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

I just tried a later suggestion and it worked great for me:
    On my Dell PC, right clicked Epson scan shortcut and selected "Run as administrator" ...
    A tiny pain to remember each time I'm selecting the scanner shortcut, but much less pain than the problems I was experiencing!!!

BadAtIT, Jul 13, 2022
  4. Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts turning forever. I have to close Epson scan using the task manager or by right clicking Epson scan in the taskbar/close and Windows will send an error report.

1- I have uninstalled the Epson Scan software and reinstalled the latest driver from the Epson Website for Win 10 64 bit.
    2- I have tried to roll back to an earlier graphics card driver.
    I have tried using a different USB cable plugged into a different port.

So far the problem continues. I suspect the problem could be due to the latest Windows feature update or maybe the Graphics card driver could be to blame.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris.

Chris Nicola, Jul 13, 2022
Thema:

Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11

1. Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Epson Scan launching

2. Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11: The task bar disappeared on my computer.There is no "Start" button. There is a bar on the bottom of the screen, but there is only an arrow on the far right.When I click on the arrow, it shows only a few icons, for example the "OneDrive" cloud icon.What do I do to fix it? Any...
  3. Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar disappeared on my computer in Windows 11: The task bar disappeared on my computer.There is no "Start" button. There is a bar on the bottom of the screen, but there is only an arrow on the far right.When I click on the arrow, it shows only a few icons, for example the "OneDrive" cloud icon.What do I do to fix it? Any...
  4. Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11: Ever since I've updated to Windows 11 I have been unable to launch Epson Scan. When I click on the icon to run the application it will start up in the task bar but immediately disappears before any window is launched it also does not show in task manager. I have uninstalled...
  5. Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11: The following is a fix for Epson Scan software not being recognized in Windows 11. This is working for me. Below steps derived from “The Geek Page”, dated January 28, 2022 By Saurav Dey. Step#1: In the search box, type Run and select it from the search results.Step#2: In the...
  6. Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11

Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11: The following is a fix for Epson Scan software not being recognized in Windows 11. This is working for me. Below steps derived from “The Geek Page”, dated January 28, 2022 By Saurav Dey. Step#1: In the search box, type Run and select it from the search results.Step#2: In the...
  7. Epson Scan is invisible after being launched.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Scan is invisible after being launched.: Epson Scan is invisible after being launched from time to time. Uninstall and Reinstall cannot solve this issue. After studying this issue from the community. I guess this should be caused by extended monitors or related causes Epson Scan changes its position to somewhere. I...
  8. Epson Scan is invisible after being launched.

Epson Scan is invisible after being launched.: Epson Scan is invisible after being launched from time to time. Uninstall and Reinstall cannot solve this issue. After studying this issue from the community. I guess this should be caused by extended monitors or related causes Epson Scan changes its position to somewhere. I...
  9. Epson Scan Won't Launch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Scan Won't Launch: I recently did an HP and windows update and since then my Epson Artisan 837 Scan won't launch. The printing works fine and when I go to Epson Settings and run a test it communicates with the scanner, passes and shows it's connected to the network. I've uninstalled and...
  10. Task bar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar icons disappeared: After running an update a couple of nights ago, the next morning most of the icons on the task bar at the bottom were gone and I can't click on the few that are left. If I minimize a screen, it doesn't show up on the task bar. If I try to reopen the same thing, it says I...