Windows 10: Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10

Discus and support Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]This post features different solutions if the Epson scan is not working on Windows 11/10. The problem is very common among users who have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 29, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10

Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10 Epson-scan-not-working-on-Windows-e1650220743134.jpg
    This post features different solutions if the Epson scan is not working on Windows 11/10. The problem is very common among users who have recently upgraded to the latest Windows OS. Worry not if you face the same problem, as you are not the only one. And most importantly, the problem can easily be resolved. […]

This article Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 29, 2022
  2. BadAtIT Win User

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

I just tried a later suggestion and it worked great for me:
    On my Dell PC, right clicked Epson scan shortcut and selected "Run as administrator" ...
    A tiny pain to remember each time I'm selecting the scanner shortcut, but much less pain than the problems I was experiencing!!!

BadAtIT, Apr 29, 2022
  3. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

Thanks Dalchina and Steve for your suggestions. Vuescan is quite a good professional programme but its not free. Windows scan does work but its not practical because so many of the settings and options I need are missing. Epson scan is ideal for my needs. Hopefully Epson or Microsoft will fix the bug in a future update.

Steve, I just tried running Epson scan as administrator and so far so good. I tried a couple of scans and clicked in some different windows and then went back to Epson scan and it did not crash. I will do some more testing and let you know how I get on. Thanks again!

Kind regards
    Chris

Chris Nicola, Apr 29, 2022
  4. Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts turning forever. I have to close Epson scan using the task manager or by right clicking Epson scan in the taskbar/close and Windows will send an error report.

1- I have uninstalled the Epson Scan software and reinstalled the latest driver from the Epson Website for Win 10 64 bit.
    2- I have tried to roll back to an earlier graphics card driver.
    I have tried using a different USB cable plugged into a different port.

So far the problem continues. I suspect the problem could be due to the latest Windows feature update or maybe the Graphics card driver could be to blame.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris.

Chris Nicola, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10

1. Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Epson scan working

2. Epson Scan 2 does not work in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Scan 2 does not work in windows 11: I have installed my Epson ET-2850 onto my windows 11 laptop but Epson Scan 2 does not work like it does on my windows 10 device? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-scan-2-does-not-work-in-windows-11/9537b918-761d-4b72-813f-6b01e3dc9921
  3. Epson Scan 2 does not work in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson Scan 2 does not work in windows 11: I have installed my Epson ET-2850 onto my windows 11 laptop but Epson Scan 2 does not work like it does on my windows 10 device? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-scan-2-does-not-work-in-windows-11/9537b918-761d-4b72-813f-6b01e3dc9921
  4. Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11: Ever since I've updated to Windows 11 I have been unable to launch Epson Scan. When I click on the icon to run the application it will start up in the task bar but immediately disappears before any window is launched it also does not show in task manager. I have uninstalled...
  5. Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11

Epson Scan launching in task bar then disappearing Windows 11: Ever since I've updated to Windows 11 I have been unable to launch Epson Scan. When I click on the icon to run the application it will start up in the task bar but immediately disappears before any window is launched it also does not show in task manager. I have uninstalled...
  6. Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11: The following is a fix for Epson Scan software not being recognized in Windows 11. This is working for me. Below steps derived from “The Geek Page”, dated January 28, 2022 By Saurav Dey. Step#1: In the search box, type Run and select it from the search results.Step#2: In the...
  7. Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11

Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11: The following is a fix for Epson Scan software not being recognized in Windows 11. This is working for me. Below steps derived from “The Geek Page”, dated January 28, 2022 By Saurav Dey. Step#1: In the search box, type Run and select it from the search results.Step#2: In the...
  8. app buttons missing in windows 11 - epson scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app buttons missing in windows 11 - epson scan: recently upgrade to Win 11 and it generally seems ok.1 issue though is that the action buttons on epson scan no longer show preview, scan etc if you click on the area they should be they still work and then appear- which is great if you know where all the buttons are!it...
  9. app buttons missing in windows 11 - epson scan

app buttons missing in windows 11 - epson scan: recently upgrade to Win 11 and it generally seems ok.1 issue though is that the action buttons on epson scan no longer show preview, scan etc if you click on the area they should be they still work and then appear- which is great if you know where all the buttons are!it...
  10. Epson scan software with Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson scan software with Windows 10 version 2004: For many years now I have been using my Epson Stylus DX7450 for both printing and scanning. It has worked without problems on all version up to, and including the last version. I have looked at the modern scanner apps and they are not even a distant patch on the flexibility...