Windows 10: Epson scan software with Windows 10 version 2004

Discus and support Epson scan software with Windows 10 version 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For many years now I have been using my Epson Stylus DX7450 for both printing and scanning. It has worked without problems on all version up to, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alan Elliott 3, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Epson scan software with Windows 10 version 2004

For many years now I have been using my Epson Stylus DX7450 for both printing and scanning. It has worked without problems on all version up to, and including the last version. I have looked at the modern scanner apps and they are not even a distant patch on the flexibility and ease of use of the Epson Scan programme. Most will not even scan a multipage document to .pdf.

I have just updated to the new version 2004 and, to my annoyance, find that the scan programme does not work. WHY??? The files seem to be still on the computer but the .exe programme will not run. The scanner is not connected to the internet, except via the computer and it is only connected to the computer when I want to print or scan. When I finish it is turned off and disconnected.

I cannot find where Microsoft have announced that the Epson Scan would be blocked so what is going on. Any ideas as to how I can reactivate the scanner?

Thanks

:)

Alan Elliott 3, Jun 17, 2020
  2. BadAtIT Win User

Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

I just tried a later suggestion and it worked great for me:
    On my Dell PC, right clicked Epson scan shortcut and selected "Run as administrator" ...
    A tiny pain to remember each time I'm selecting the scanner shortcut, but much less pain than the problems I was experiencing!!!

BadAtIT, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Epson Scan Crashes - Epson Perfection V700 Scanner

I have an Epson Perfection V700 Photo scanner and have not had any previous trouble with Windows 10. Recently Epson Scan started to crash. This happens when I click on any window outside the Epson scan interface and then click back into Epson scan. Then a blue circle starts turning forever. I have to close Epson scan using the task manager or by right clicking Epson scan in the taskbar/close and Windows will send an error report.

1- I have uninstalled the Epson Scan software and reinstalled the latest driver from the Epson Website for Win 10 64 bit.
    2- I have tried to roll back to an earlier graphics card driver.
    I have tried using a different USB cable plugged into a different port.

So far the problem continues. I suspect the problem could be due to the latest Windows feature update or maybe the Graphics card driver could be to blame.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this problem would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris.

Chris Nicola, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Epson scan software with Windows 10 version 2004

Epson scan software missing after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that the Epson Scan software in not available on your system after upgrading to Windows 10.

I would like to let you know that Epson scan software is not a Microsoft product, so the Windows 10 upgrade may have uninstalled your Epson software. You need to install the software again.

Try the suggestions provided in the following Epson product support link to fix this issue.

My Epson product software is missing after I upgraded to Windows 10. What should I do?

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Epson scan software with Windows 10 version 2004

1. Epson scan software with Windows 10 version 2004 - Similar Threads - Epson scan software

2. Epson Connect Software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson Connect Software: I have an Epson ET-4750 and it was previously hooked up to an Acer laptop with Windows 10 which could not be upgraded to Windows 11. The Epson Connect software worked perfectly fine. Now, I have a new computer with Windows 11 Pro. The printer installation was seamless and all...
  3. Installing Epson Scan 2 software error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Epson Scan 2 software error.: Hello. I have a workforce 7720 AiO that I use frequently. Never had any issues with software installation in my Win 10 home. Only today I couldn't use my scanner as the drivers for it disappeared. I can print just fine but I could no longer scan anything. I tried reinstalling...
  4. Installing Epson Scan 2 software error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Epson Scan 2 software error.: Hello. I have a workforce 7720 AiO that I use frequently. Never had any issues with software installation in my Win 10 home. Only today I couldn't use my scanner as the drivers for it disappeared. I can print just fine but I could no longer scan anything. I tried reinstalling...
  5. Installing Epson Scan 2 software error.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11: The following is a fix for Epson Scan software not being recognized in Windows 11. This is working for me. Below steps derived from “The Geek Page”, dated January 28, 2022 By Saurav Dey. Step#1: In the search box, type Run and select it from the search results.Step#2: In the...
  7. Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson 4990 Photo - Epson Scan Windows 11: The following is a fix for Epson Scan software not being recognized in Windows 11. This is working for me. Below steps derived from “The Geek Page”, dated January 28, 2022 By Saurav Dey. Step#1: In the search box, type Run and select it from the search results.Step#2: In the...
  8. Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Epson scan not working on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post features different solutions if the Epson scan is not working on Windows 11/10. The problem is very common among users who have recently upgraded to the latest Windows OS. Worry not if you face the same problem, as you are not the only one. And most...
  9. Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo: Every time I install the software for my Epson Perfection V500 Photo, I am able to use the software, but then a few boots later, Windows 10 has deleted it. Why does it keep doing this? I am using the latest software download from Epson's driver page ( epson13936 (Scanner...
  10. epson scan software opens too large for screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    epson scan software opens too large for screen on windows 10: Hi, please help... I have the same problem as this threat "epson scan software opens too large for screen on windows 8.1 hp laptop". before this I use the scanner and it works well. but today, the screen is getting bigger. the event manager also get bigger. i had tried the...