Windows 10: Epson Stylus pro 7600 - Driver doesn't work

Discus and support Epson Stylus pro 7600 - Driver doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Stylus Pro 7600 is now a really old printer, the last supported driver was for XP but it worked in Windows 7 and I believe to some extent in 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. davo Win User

Epson Stylus pro 7600 - Driver doesn't work

The Stylus Pro 7600 is now a really old printer, the last supported driver was for XP but it worked in Windows 7 and I believe to some extent in 8 although I never did try it.

It s a really good reliable large format printer though and very affordable in parts, ink and the second-hand purchase price.

However alas Windows 10 doesn't like it, I did the upgrade to 10 (and then the downgrade) from windows 7 but it will not see the driver it sees the device but calls it a USB high speed device or something like that and compatibility mode didn't seem to help.

So unless there is a clever work around and I'd love that to happen I'm stuck on Windows 7 for the duration.

Suggestions welcome.

:)

2. Drivers for an Epson Stylus pro 7600

Where can I find drivers for an Epson Stylus pro 7600? Some suggested the XP driver will work with windows 10. Apparently Epson no longer has those drivers on their site.

BernardWaxman, Aug 13, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Drivers for an Epson Stylus pro 7600

If Epson doesn't have a driver, you're probably out of luck.

JimWynne, Aug 13, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

bobkn, Aug 13, 2015
  5. davo Win User
    Thanks for the reply, I reinstalled 10 and tried the Vista driver no luck.

Something has changed in the way windows looks at the USB it seems, as when the driver scans for the printer it doesn't find and identify it. Running the compatibility tool failed for me but maybe it would work with more patience.

I've used up enough time on this really and didn't gain much from upgrading anyway. In fact the 3rd monitor on my laptop which runs on a (cheap no name type) USB display adapter stopped working as well.

So I'll stick with windows 7.

Cheers

Dave

6. Zilaan Win User
    I've solved this problem, follow this steps (some may require aditional instructions, please google them)
    Check in devices and printers if you have a "unknown device" - that should be your 7600 printer, only shows if powered on.

1. Download the drivers for Windows Vista 64 or 32 deppending on your OS, from the Epson website
    2. Extract/unzip the drivers but do not install from the setup.
    3. To be able to install the vista drivers you must disable driver signature enforcement (google it), needs a restart.
    4. After driver signature enforcement is disabled: Open Device Manager and search for the 7600 on printers, right click on Epson Stylus pro 7600 and select update driver.
    5. Select the find software option and search for the extracted folder with the drivers
    6. Install - confirm instalation if red warning appears.

It works *Smile

Good Luck,
    Nuno

Zilaan, Jan 13, 2016
  7. davo Win User
    Very sneaky I'll give that a try and report back *Smile

8. davo Win User

I tried it and eventually it worked, I now have an Epson 7600 running under windows 10 in the same way that it did under Windows 7.

Although the 7600 had been running on my windows 7 system prior to upgrading to Windows 10 the printer was not seen as an "unknown device" or anything like that, nothing showed at all.

After playing around with it for some time I established that the printer was on USB001 port and installed it manually that way.

Thanks Nuno *Cool

davo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Epson Stylus pro 7600 - Driver doesn't work - Similar Threads - Epson Stylus pro

2. EPSON STYLUS CX3700

in Windows 10 Customization
    EPSON STYLUS CX3700: How do I get the display up to show me which colour of Ink has run out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-stylus-cx3700/b1b468c5-6990-4062-982a-4e23f3608a39
  3. Epson Stylus SX215 Printer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Stylus SX215 Printer.: My Epson Stylus SX215 printer has suddenly stopped printing black and despite cleaning nozzles several times only the other colour patterns print but no black. Black cartridge is low but as there is ink still in it I can't change cartridge. I've tried clicking on remove...
  4. Epson stylus DX8400

Epson stylus DX8400: Epson stylus DX8400 shows as unspecified in 'device and printers' windows 10. Anyone got a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-stylus-dx8400/6218b636-7189-4965-8d68-a1119508b9bd
  5. Epson Stylus Pro 7600 - Driver does not work with Windows 10

Epson Stylus Pro 7600 - Driver does not work with Windows 10: I am trying to set up an Epson Stylus Pro 7600 printer on Windows 10 There is a history of the available drivers not working on Windows 10 when Win10 was first release and people having to find work arounds (like running the installer in "compatibility" mode), however Epson...
  6. Epson Stylus PHOTO PX710W Printer

Epson Stylus PHOTO PX710W Printer: Hello windows10 was updated last Saturday on my laptop and my printer did not work, I have tried to reinstall using disc provided but when I insert disc in the slot no notification appear on screen except a message to scan disc before accessing contents. any suggestions on...
  7. core driver for epson stylus photo rx 620

core driver for epson stylus photo rx 620: Error message when trying to print, disconnected and reconnected usb cable, windows 10 should detect device but does not scanner works but printer will not print, deleted printer drivers and reinstalled, printer will not print even a test page. All help greatly appreciated...
  8. Epson Stylus Photo R300 CD Print Not Working

Epson Stylus Photo R300 CD Print Not Working: Am running Windows 10. Sometime in the past year the option to print on a CD or DVD has stopped working on my Epson Stylus Photo R300 printer. When CD printing is attempted, the error message 'Install CD print driver' appears. The printer works fine when printing on paper....
  9. Epson Stylus Photo R360 drivers for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Epson Stylus Photo R360 drivers for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit: I had the Epson Stylus Photo R360 drivers installed on my old PC with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. After upgrading to a newer PC with the same OS it will not let me install the drivers. Maybe it was because the original drivers were installed before the different Windows updates....
  10. EPSON Stylus Office BX300F - Scanner Driver

EPSON Stylus Office BX300F - Scanner Driver: Have got an EPSON Stylus Office BX300F. I can still print but the Scanner part has stopped since I upgraded to Windows 10. I have been on the Epson site and got new Drivers for Printer ok. Nothing for the scanner. This is an all in one Printer/Scanner/Fax Any help would be...