Windows 10: epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine

Discus and support epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to open "Epson Scan" and nothing happens.Scanner can open and work using windows scan software, but not the Epson software.Printer still works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul Rosser1, Aug 19, 2022.

1. epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine

Trying to open "Epson Scan" and nothing happens.Scanner can open and work using windows scan software, but not the Epson software.Printer still works fine using the Epson software.

:)

Paul Rosser1, Aug 19, 2022
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Yeah, I see that's Epson-Ireland.

Got it - printer is Wi-Fi. With that... As Oscar pointed to your printer drivers you need to install the

• Driver
    • Epson Scan software
    • Epson Scan updater software
    You might also need to install the "Other Software" in the "Event Manager" software.

Also, are you sure you're looking at the main PC (the PC where you installed the software for the printer)?

Have you checked you printer's network settings?

I'd also suggest you go over the owner's manual for said printer. It can be downloaded via Oscar's link under Manual & Documentation.

Anyway if things are right you should see both scanner and printer under Device Manager as shown for my Epson XP-960 Wi-Fi printer...

epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine [​IMG]

(There are not "hidden". And the printer is powered off)

Good luck.

sygnus21, Aug 19, 2022
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Three things...

1. Make sure you're looking at the main PC first for the printer issue. Move to others after that.
    2. If the printer is connected by USB cable, check the connection is good (and cable ). You could also try switching USB ports.
    3. Assuming we're talking main PC - If the printer isn't showing in Device Manager that says there are no drivers... or the printer can't be seen for some reason. Goes back to drivers and/or point #2.
    I can't seem to find that printer - "Epson XP-345" on Epson's office site. Where'd you get it from?

Anyway I have an Epson XP-960 and it requires the utilities drivers for features like scanning or disk writing (labels). Here's the utilities drivers for the Epson XP-960 multi-printer.

sygnus21, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Oneb1t Win User

epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine

Epson scanner v30 not working with Windows 10

For anyone interested, I was having the same problem with my Epson CX11NF laser and these are the steps I took to resolve it:

1. Uninstall Epson Printer Driver and Epson Scan using Control Panel.

2. Disconnect USB cable from printer (mine was on a network connection and I did not disconnect).

3. Reboot

4. Download current driver and scan software (separately) from Epson website

5. Do not let Windows install printer for you, first install the driver from the Epson website.

6. A window should open asking you to connect your USB cable (printer should be on). For me, I chose manual setting and selected network TCP/IP address.

7. Click Start Menu and go to All Apps. Scroll down to Epson scan settings and click. You may need to add your printer here if not detected: Choose Local (if USB) or Network. Then Add (for me, I just entered the TCP/IP address of the Network printer).

It is possible that for some the last step is all that is necessary; although I didn't try it, you could start by opening Epson Scan Settings, deleting the current scanner, then adding back your printer/scanner.

I hope you find this helpful - it worked for me.

Oneb1t, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine

1. epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine - Similar Threads - epson SX435 scanner

2. epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine: Trying to open "Epson Scan" and nothing happens.Scanner can open and work using windows scan software, but not the Epson software.Printer still works fine using the Epson software....
  3. epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    epson SX435 scanner has stopped opening via desktop, but printer still works fine: Trying to open "Epson Scan" and nothing happens.Scanner can open and work using windows scan software, but not the Epson software.Printer still works fine using the Epson software....
  4. my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working: My scanner for my WF-2540 is not working. can you help i do not like the Windows 11. i would like my Windows 10 back if possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-epson-wf2540-the-scanner-is-not-working/0d1eecc1-12b9-4a40-a905-a5ad08460081
  5. my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working: My scanner for my WF-2540 is not working. can you help i do not like the Windows 11. i would like my Windows 10 back if possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-epson-wf2540-the-scanner-is-not-working/0d1eecc1-12b9-4a40-a905-a5ad08460081
  6. my printer epson WF2540 the scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I have an Epson XP 2100 printer and scanner all in one, the printer work fines but I can't...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an Epson XP 2100 printer and scanner all in one, the printer work fines but I can't...: I have an Epson XP 2100 printer and scanner all in one, the printer work fines but my device doesn't seem to be able to detect the scanner I'm using a laptop with windows 10 can anyone help get this scanner working please?...
  8. Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner

Epson XP-345 printer works but not scanner: Windows 10 1903 1836. About 3 days ago I went to use my printer but it wasn't 'seen' on the network and I also noticed that there were no printers showing in Device Manager. I'm not at all sure how I got the printer to work but it was something to do with default printer....
  9. Epson sx200 Printer Scanner

Epson sx200 Printer Scanner: I recently purchase a new PC with Win 10. My Printer/Scanner worked perfectly with Win 7 but now I only get a generic Windows interface and not the Epson Creativity suite that I used to control the scanner in win 7. I have tried updating drivers but I still can't get the...
  10. Help with Epson Scanner that has stopped working; Epson support says it is windows.

Help with Epson Scanner that has stopped working; Epson support says it is windows.: Another way to solve it: 1. Make sure the Printer is on .... 2. Under "Devices and Printers," look for the Epson printer icon and right click. 3. In the context menu, look for the option "Start scanning" and click ... 4. The Scanner will start. You can select some...