Windows 10: Epson V500 Perfection scanner shows in settings devices but acts as if not connected.

Discus and support Epson V500 Perfection scanner shows in settings devices but acts as if not connected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Scanner is in list of devices in settings, but acts as if not connected. Installed Microsoft scan from store but that didn't help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveSHEPHERD5, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Epson V500 Perfection scanner shows in settings devices but acts as if not connected.

Scanner is in list of devices in settings, but acts as if not connected. Installed Microsoft scan from store but that didn't help.

:)

SteveSHEPHERD5, Aug 3, 2021

2. Epson v500 scanner not working with Win 10

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and reinstalled my Epson Perfection V500 scanner with a new driver as directed (several times.) Now I am able to scan color photos and documents, but not 35mm color slides or film negatives. (The default Profile is listed
    for Color Film and no other profiles are specified.) Also, I am unable to open the Epson Scan Settings window. And I have lost the Installation CD that originally came with the scanner. Any other suggestions?

HarryMincer, Aug 3, 2021
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Epson v500 scanner not working with Win 10

Get the drivers from the Epson support page for your scanner.

JimWynne, Aug 3, 2021
  4. huha Win User

Epson V500 Perfection scanner shows in settings devices but acts as if not connected.

Find a driver for Epson Perfection 1240U Photo scanner on Windows 10 64 bit

I found a solution here.

(translated the following steps from german. Sorry if it's not exactly translated.)

• Search the Win10 64 bit driver for the Epson Perfection 2400 scanner
    • I found "Epson Scan 3.0.4 17-Jul-2009 20.68MBs" and installed it. The installer asks for the scanner model. I only selected EPSON Perfection 2400.
    • Connecting the scanner afterwards needs some manual help: Go to device manager and find the EPSON Perfection 1240. Manually install the driver from the context menu - Update driver... - Browse my computer... - Let me pick from a list...
    • Select Imaging devices
    • EPSON Perfection 2400
    • Done

The scanner is shown as EPSON Perfection 2400 instead of EPSON Perfection 1240. But it works.

On the german epson support page there is also an update for the driver "EPSON Scan Updater 1.0 13-Jul-2018 0.72MBs". I also installed this afterwards with success.
    Probably the english version "Scanner Driver and EPSON Scan Utility v3.04A" has this update already included.

huha, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Epson V500 Perfection scanner shows in settings devices but acts as if not connected.

1. Epson V500 Perfection scanner shows in settings devices but acts as if not connected. - Similar Threads - Epson V500 Perfection

2. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo: Epson scanner won't open Shows one panel but with no execution buttons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-wont-open-epson-v500-photo/4618ff37-0638-4bc5-92ae-7d295f119e96
  3. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo: Epson scanner won't open Shows one panel but with no execution buttons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-wont-open-epson-v500-photo/4618ff37-0638-4bc5-92ae-7d295f119e96
  4. Scanner won't open Epson V500 photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After new Windows update my Epson Perfection V500 Scanner won't update or work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After new Windows update my Epson Perfection V500 Scanner won't update or work: After the latest Windows update my Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner will not work. Will not update or install. Says no driver available. How do I get it to work like before with App?...
  6. New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner

New Epson Perfection V370 Scanner: New scanner is not recognised Windows 10 64bit ! Tried loads of suggestions from the net etc etc but no success, error crode 43 and usb devise not recognised ! Any suggestions welcome please, using a Dell Latitude Laptop, all software/drivers seem to be latest...
  7. Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo

Windows 10 keeps deleting my Epson Scan scanner software... Epson Perfection V500 Photo: Every time I install the software for my Epson Perfection V500 Photo, I am able to use the software, but then a few boots later, Windows 10 has deleted it. Why does it keep doing this? I am using the latest software download from Epson's driver page ( epson13936 (Scanner...
  8. Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver

Epson Perfection Scanner 2480 driver: Hope this may be of help to someone.*Smile The following file/driver enabled me to run a 2480 scanner [paid £3 for at a car-boot] in windows 10 64bit Epson Perfection 24803.0u It is Version 3.0u Make sure you remove all previous drivers for the scanner, then...
  9. Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner

Epson Perfection 1660 Scanner: Hi I had a computer crash after a windows update Microsoft fixed the computer remotely and things are fine but I have lost the driver that I found some years ago that would make this old scanner work it was a Epson driver but for a completely different scanner when the driver...
  10. Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner

Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner: Hi, has anyone been able to get the Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner to work with Windows 10 64bit 28479