Windows 10: Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup"

Discus and support Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've repeatedly attempted this, but always get An error occurred during setup. Restart your computer, then run setup again. This is an all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dalchina, Feb 28, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup"

Hi, I've repeatedly attempted this, but always get

An error occurred during setup. Restart your computer, then run setup again.

This is an all too typical message you can find associated with many Epson products.

I've tried:
    Clean boot
    Safe mode (install enabled)
    Using an Epson removal tool I finally obtained after my 5th chat with Epson.
    An Epson fix deleting temp folder and looking for setup.exe that never appeared.
    On my 4th chat I was advised to consult Microsoft.
    Manually removing all Epson folders and registry entries I can find.
    Disabling firewall and AV

The same CD installed ok on my 6 year-old laptop (both run Windows x64).

I've found a couple of other fixes found by someone looking at the log file.
    I've run SFC /Scannow - ok

At best, the scanner is recognised as being connected when plugged in, and appears with a yellow trangle under 'Other Devices' in Device Manager

Any ideas welcome - I'd like to use my new scanner *really
    Thanks

:)

dalchina, Feb 28, 2016
  2. ViNgWN Win User

Can't install Epson Scanner Driver on Windows 10

Hi,

I have an HP Envy, Windows 10. I got a new Epson v550 Scanner and have been having trouble with the initial driver installation.

• I uninstalled all the new epson package software that was loaded and deleted anything else that had epson in it or v550. I also went into the twain folder and removed the folder that it had put in there. I used CCleaner to remove anything else remaining
      in the registry.
    • I downloaded the driver update from the epson website and try to install as a regular user and as administrator but that did not work.
    • I tried calling Epson and they had me download via Internet Explorer instead of CHrome and this did not work either. They also had me stopped and restarted WIA. Then they said it was a Microsoft problem.
    • I tried doing command prompt as administrator and sfc /scannow and this did not work either
    • I called Microsoft and they said that this was an Epson problem
    • I tried to Disable Signature verification by doing Shift+Shutdown
    • I tried installing the driver by plugging in the scanner, going into Device Manager, selecting the scanner (which showed up under "Other" with a yellow triangle), and selecting "Update driver".
    • None of these have worked. Right now the error messages that I have been getting are Epson Scan Setup: "error occurred during setup. Restart computer then try again." and "system could not allocate the required space in a registry log"
    Just out of curiousity, I tried to see if I could install the drivers for ANY of the Epson drivers off the website and I actually can't. I get "an error occurred during setup. restart your computer and try again." As a result, I cannot get my scanner to
    work. Can anyone help me?

ViNgWN, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Epson scanner V550 does not work in Windows 10

I had similar problem with Microtek ScanMaker 4800 after upgrade to Windows 10 64bit. Installation of the Epson (!) driver "Epson Standard Scanner Type 1" solved my problem.

For details how to install the driver follow this link:

MicroTek Scanmaker 4800 compatability fix for Windows 7

Good luck!

RościsławKaczarowski, Feb 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I've found a solution, albeit a tad obscure. Short story:
    1. Install the driver normally, noting it fails, and the device is recognised when plugged in and appears in Device Manager under 'Other devices' with a yellow triangle.
    2. There right click the device, update driver and browse to the CD used to install the driver initially, and to the driver folder.
    Let the update run.

The scanner should now be installed.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...?page=2&auth=1

which offers another approach too.

There are quite a few reports of Epson driver installations (various devices) failing with this message. Epson chat eventually referred me to Microsoft.... saying the original message was a Windows error.

dalchina, Feb 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Epson V550 driver installation "An error occurred during setup" - Similar Threads - Epson V550 driver

2. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  3. Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner: I am trying to re-install driver for my Epson V550 Scanner. I located the V550 driver in Epson website, but when I try to install, I get a popup from MSoft telling me I must get driver from MS Store! When I try to install MS recommended Scanner from Store, it will not...
  4. Scanner Epson Perfection V550 Photo Error with Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner Epson Perfection V550 Photo Error with Windows 11 Pro: Hi,I have did EVERYTHING that every forum has recommended me to do. Update my driver, uninstall and reinstall, connect and disconnect. Nothing works.My scanner isn't even visible in my computer. It's connected through USB. The scanner's error light is blinking. No matter what...
  5. Scanner Epson Perfection V550 Photo Error with Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner Epson Perfection V550 Photo Error with Windows 11 Pro: Hi,I have did EVERYTHING that every forum has recommended me to do. Update my driver, uninstall and reinstall, connect and disconnect. Nothing works.My scanner isn't even visible in my computer. It's connected through USB. The scanner's error light is blinking. No matter what...
  6. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft...: I wanted to install Gamez For Windows - Live Redistrbble, but during installation it gives me the following error: An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft...
  7. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft...: I wanted to install Gamez For Windows - Live Redistrbble, but during installation it gives me the following error: An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft...
  8. Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation

in Windows 10 News
    Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation: [ATTACH]If when you try to install a Windows Installer (MSI) package, and you receive […] This article Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. A problem occurred during BitLocker setup

in Windows 10 News
    A problem occurred during BitLocker setup: [ATTACH]You may encounter the error message A problem occurred during BitLocker setup when attempting […] This article A problem occurred during BitLocker setup first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. An error occured during the installation of assembly__...

in Windows 10 Customization
    An error occured during the installation of assembly__...: Hello, I'm coming to you for help today because I have a problem. I want to install the game for Windows Live and Visual C ++ 2008 redistributable but I have the error "An error occurred while installing assembly__" Microsoft.VC90.CRT, version = "9.0.21022.8", publickeyToken...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson error occured during setup re start computer then try again

2. eson 837 error occurred during the installation of this device

3. how to create a path for epson v550 scanner in windows 10

4. An error occurred during the setup. restart your computer and run the setup again,
  5. windows 10 epson printer an error occurred during setup