Windows 10: Epson xp215 printer

Discus and support Epson xp215 printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I refuse to use Epson-branded ink cartridges because they are so expensive. However my Epson software has decided that it no longer recognises my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeGBSc, Sep 15, 2018.

1. JoeGBSc Win User

Epson xp215 printer

Hi

I refuse to use Epson-branded ink cartridges because they are so expensive. However my Epson software has decided that it no longer recognises my compatible cartridges and will not print. I've tried everything to get it to work again, from uninstalling all Epson software to taking out and replacing the cartridges and re-installing the printer. The printer now informs me that 'Driver unavailable'. Firstly, can Epson legally do this? Can they literally condemn a perfectly good printer to the scrap heap? Secondly, is there a solution that anyone knows about?

Regards

JoeG

:)

JoeGBSc, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Wow. I searched on a few of those keywords and saw some things relevant to HP printers but not Epson. Really interested to see what you find out. I've got an Epson workforce printer myself.

Sasqui, Sep 15, 2018
  3. cookiemonster, Sep 15, 2018
  4. mikek75 Win User

Epson xp215 printer

epson printer driver not installing

Mmmm, only thing else I can think off is trying Windows Update, otherwise I too am clueless, LOL. I just had a look on the Epson site and they didn't even list a driver for mine under W7, but it worked in W7 when I tried it, even had the epson control panel. Well, until there was a sickening sound of broken plastic and it went west, but thats another story, LOL.

Can you test the printer on another PC by any chance?

mikek75, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Epson xp215 printer

1. Epson xp215 printer - Similar Threads - Epson xp215 printer

2. Epson printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson printer: I have an Epson workforce WF 7820 printer used with my PC and operating system 8.1When I turn on the PC, the Epson icon appears in the taskbar, but it disappears as soon as I turn on the printer.The Epson users guide talks about clicking "printing preferences" and then...
  3. Epson printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson printer: I have an Epson workforce WF 7820 printer used with my PC and operating system 8.1When I turn on the PC, the Epson icon appears in the taskbar, but it disappears as soon as I turn on the printer.The Epson users guide talks about clicking "printing preferences" and then...
  4. epson printer wf3720

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    epson printer wf3720: trouble printing when I want but can print a test lpage ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-wf3720/0b4d5b74-9c78-4a6c-8348-8417fc64fc61
  5. epson printer issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    epson printer issues: My Epson printer has been working well and still does for emails and documents, but doesn't print from internet. I get this error message: Printer has experienced a configuration problem 0x8007007e...
  6. Epson Printer problems

Epson Printer problems: Hello all, on March 16 I posted having problems with my Epson XP-400 printer as well as Admin rights. Smittychat had been trying to help me. This morning I sent him a reply to the string and it came back 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS201806281. So...
  7. Epson Printer Issues

Epson Printer Issues: Hi, Recently i have upgraded my computer to windows 10 and been having some issues ever since. The printer wouldn't connect to my PC. I thought it may be driver issues so i found the most recent drivers for the printer and installed them. However, now the issue is that the...
  8. Epson receipt printer

Epson receipt printer: INstalled but won't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-receipt-printer/ff821558-4c61-4a9a-8b19-88de331026b9
  9. Epson printer

Epson printer: Can anyone tell me why a printer will only print somethings and not others. It is an Epson ET 2550 and windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer/c4c461b1-c6b2-4685-ab80-872fada4b2ba
  10. Epson printer

Epson printer: there is no maintenance settings and does not print any more black pages and color pages look all messed up wrong colors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer/3f00a4de-aab6-49ab-89c2-49693ed7ec2a