Windows 10: Epson's Document Capture Pro Stopped Working With Recent Update

Discus and support Epson's Document Capture Pro Stopped Working With Recent Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Epson DS-560 scanner and use Document Capture Pro (DCP). Recently, DCP stopped working after a Windows 10 automatic update. After several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LWolff631, Feb 21, 2019.

1. LWolff631 Win User

Epson's Document Capture Pro Stopped Working With Recent Update

I have an Epson DS-560 scanner and use Document Capture Pro (DCP). Recently, DCP stopped working after a Windows 10 automatic update.

After several uninstalls and re-installs with the driver and software coming directly from the Epson page for my product, it is still not working. This is what is happening....

During the DCP installation process it searches for the scanner and finds it. When I open the program, it lists the scanner in the top left corner; however, when I click "select scanner" no scanners appear in the pop up box. When I try to scan, the scanning box pops up momentarily and disappears and it wont pull from the scanner.

I have tried restoring the system to an earlier time and that too has not worked.

I really need this program so any help would be most appreciated !

Thank you

:)

LWolff631, Feb 21, 2019
  2. xfire Win User

Re-enabling recent documents

An update with auto-patcher disabled the recent documents under start menu in windows Xp. Any way to get it back?
    Also how can I set it to show only recently viewed text documents.

xfire, Feb 21, 2019
  3. ARichard Win User
    Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Epson's Document Capture Pro Stopped Working With Recent Update [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! Epson's Document Capture Pro Stopped Working With Recent Update :)

ARichard, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Dude Win User

Thema:

1. Epson's Document Capture Pro Stopped Working With Recent Update - Similar Threads - Epson's Document Capture

2. Epson 2450 stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson 2450 stopped working: This used to work under Windows 10 by following the guidance in an older question Cannot find W10 driver for an old Epson 2450 and using the driver for a different Epson scanner.A few weeks ago, it stopped working -- as in none of the programs requiring the driver would...
  3. Epson 2450 stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson 2450 stopped working: This used to work under Windows 10 by following the guidance in an older question Cannot find W10 driver for an old Epson 2450 and using the driver for a different Epson scanner.A few weeks ago, it stopped working -- as in none of the programs requiring the driver would...
  4. Epson 2450 stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. recent updates have stopped printer from working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent updates have stopped printer from working: I use my printer daily for work. Just before last weekend I developed printer issues. I did the whole remove printer, reinstall, check drivers, maintenance etc, nothing. Searched online and see it was an update issue. Thing is, I updated to v. 2004 in part of my effort...
  6. Some application stop updating recent document list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some application stop updating recent document list: Windows 10 64-bit Pro, 1903 I've enabled the feature to show the recent document list for the application. I found that some application will stop updating the list after a while. How can I fix it? Thanks...
  7. Audio Stop working with most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Stop working with most recent update: Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound is completelt dead. I uninstall Realtek audio driver reinstall it and still have no sound on it. I see some people have seen...
  8. recent document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recent document: I cannot find a word doc I worked on yesterday and saved in two places. I cannot find any tab that says "recent documents" Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-document/842b5589-d331-4572-91da-1ad14b6e3f81"
  9. Roxio Game Capture HD Pro: Crashes after hitting "stop capture"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roxio Game Capture HD Pro: Crashes after hitting "stop capture": I don't know why, but the capture program on my laptop crashes whenever I hit "stop capture" after recording some gameplay footage. The software is up to date (2.0) and I don't know what else to do other than uninstall and reinstall the software. I was recording some gameplay...
  10. Recent Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Documents: Is there was way to set up Win 10 so I can find /view recent documents as was the case in Win 7? 27016

Users found this page by searching for:

1. document capture pro.doesnt open outlook

2. epson capture pro software stop working with outlook

3. epson document capture pro windows 1903 crashes