Windows 10: Equals key continuously typing when not pressed down

Discus and support Equals key continuously typing when not pressed down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have been dealing with this issue for about a week now, and it is driving me crazy. There are times where my equals key will just keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by N7Soul, Mar 22, 2020.

1. N7Soul Win User

Equals key continuously typing when not pressed down

Hello!

I have been dealing with this issue for about a week now, and it is driving me crazy. There are times where my equals key will just keep spamming, even when it's not pressed down. I have been trying everything to resolve it, but I am running out of options. Here is what I've attempted to do:

-Unplugged all peripherals from my pc still occurs when all peripherals are unplugged

-Ran Windows updates

-Ensured Sticky Keys is disabled Everything keyboard related in Ease of Access is disabled

-Ran virus scans through Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

-Checked OSK.exe, nothing highlighted there

-Uninstalled and reinstalled keyboard drivers

The last thing I did was use Windows + L to log out and back in, and it hasn't happened since, but I am unsure if that was the full resolution. I would appreciate any possible fixes you could supply me.

Thanks in advance!

David

:)

N7Soul, Mar 22, 2020

2. Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 22, 2020
  4. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Equals key continuously typing when not pressed down - Similar Threads - Equals key continuously

2. Left click not working when keys are pressed down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click not working when keys are pressed down: Hey all, I have a problem with my computer. I was playing Doom Eternal and it just randomly crashes out of nowhere. I didn't think much of it and reloaded it and I now have an issue. Whenever I have a key held down on my keyboard and a few seconds afterwards, the left click...
  3. Left click not working when keys are pressed down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left click not working when keys are pressed down: Hey all, I have a problem with my computer. I was playing Doom Eternal and it just randomly crashes out of nowhere. I didn't think much of it and reloaded it and I now have an issue. Whenever I have a key held down on my keyboard and a few seconds afterwards, the left click...
  4. continuous pressing of keys not working in WIN11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    continuous pressing of keys not working in WIN11: Hi, In win 11 continuous pressing of keys is not working. e.g. when we try to move cursor in excel between 5-10 columns by pressing down arrow keys, it is not moving. is there any solution?...
  5. continuous pressing of keys not working in WIN11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    continuous pressing of keys not working in WIN11: Hi, In win 11 continuous pressing of keys is not working. e.g. when we try to move cursor in excel between 5-10 columns by pressing down arrow keys, it is not moving. is there any solution?...
  6. External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed: My keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed, tried unplug and plug the usb, tried it on another device and works properly. im on a laptop and the laptop keyboard is working....
  7. When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second...: when i press the left arrow key, and when i press up arrow key while holding left, the up arrow doesnt work same happens with "W", "E" and "'" and ";" i am a gamer and i cant play many games because of this issue i dont have an idea that its technical or hardware issue...
  8. Stuck on "Press any Key to Continue"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Press any Key to Continue": Split from this thread. Hi Nathan, Just had a breakthrough. I used the recommended from Flightsimulator.zendesk.com which was If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following: In the Windows search...
  9. Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when it is not: Hey guys, I've been experiencing an issue with my pc Windows 10 recently where my computer acts as if the CTRL key is pressed down when in fact it is not. For example, typing "w" in a web browser executes the CTRL + w command, and so forth. Viewing the onscreen keyboard...
  10. Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key: I have searched everywhere on the internet for fixes like changing the language settings keyboard settings, driver updates and resets and Im still stuck without a button for these characters. Even stranger is that if I convert to US qwerty, my keyboard will use SHIFT+2 as...