Windows 10: Erase data win 10

Discus and support Erase data win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bot new computer, want to donate. How erase[ delete data ].... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonBleeker, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Erase data win 10

Bot new computer, want to donate. How erase[ delete data ].

:)

DonBleeker, Feb 1, 2019

2. Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Microsoft Surface Data Eraser

Source: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ce-data-eraser

Cluster Head, Feb 1, 2019
  3. p_o_s_pc Win User
    Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Erase data win 10

Remote erasing of data on lost phone

I have misplaced my phone while travelling in China.

Attempts to call the phone were unsuccessful, suggesting that either the phone was switched off or that the SIM card was removed/.

I called my phone service provider to deactivate the number.

i tried to login to my windows account to erase the data on my phone but got a message that it was unsucessful.

My questions are,

1) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if the person who picked up my phone had replaced the SIM card

2) will I still be able to the erase the data remotely if my number was deactivated by my service provider

3) what else, if anything, could I do to wipe any data ( e.g. Contact list, messages, whatsap messages etc.) from the phone?

Unfortunately, a passcode is not required to unlock my phone,

i'm not sure I have wifi access to check the replies for the next few days, but any advices on this matter is much appreciated.

Plotholes80, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Erase data win 10

1. Erase data win 10 - Similar Threads - Erase data

2. Does it mean all hard drive data got erased if "C:\>dir" returns "0 Files 1 Dirs"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does it mean all hard drive data got erased if "C:\>dir" returns "0 Files 1 Dirs": In effort to resolve a black screen problem I brought up the command prompt on WinRE and typed: "C:\>dir". It returned the following: Volume in drive C is System Reserved Volume Serial Number is 84A3-2C67 Directory of C:\ 01/17/2021 02:31AM <DIR> Boot 0 Files...
  3. My windows 10 is stuck in the installation loop. I reset the computer to erase all data,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows 10 is stuck in the installation loop. I reset the computer to erase all data,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_WARPT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwn09t/my_windows_10_is_stuck_in_the_installation_loop_i/
  4. Please help me. I erased all of my data on my laptop so I could reset my data, and it's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help me. I erased all of my data on my laptop so I could reset my data, and it's...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpicyDankSCR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd96rr/please_help_me_i_erased_all_of_my_data_on_my/
  5. How to re-partition a hard drive in Windows 10 without erasing data

in Windows 10 News
    How to re-partition a hard drive in Windows 10 without erasing data: [ATTACH]On purchasing a brand new computer, the hard drive usually has a single partition. […] This article How to re-partition a hard drive in Windows 10 without erasing data first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How do I clear my non-OS hard-drives without erasing windows data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I clear my non-OS hard-drives without erasing windows data?: So I wiped my PC today custom build with an SSD containing the OS, and two mechanical drives as secondaries, but both of the secondary drives still have the stuff from the old build. I wanted to start completely clean but these drives refused to clear out their data. I...
  7. Why are there so many data wipe/erase methods for HDD?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why are there so many data wipe/erase methods for HDD?: Hi, I was recovering the data of an old HDD and I noticed in the software a section to wipe all the data from an HDD. I saw fill all with 0's, fill all with 1's, fill all with 0's then with 1's, then you could select the number of times the wiping was performed... I was...
  8. Why are there so many data wipe/erase methods for HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are there so many data wipe/erase methods for HDD?: Hi, I was recovering the data of an old HDD and I noticed in the software a section to wipe all the data from an HDD. I saw fill all with 0's, fill all with 1's, fill all with 0's then with 1's, then you could select the number of times the wiping was performed... I was...
  9. Erasing all the data.

Erasing all the data.: What rubbish is this ? How can Microsoft do this without prior info or notice ? Do you even know how much crucial data can be on someone's laptop ? I'm having windows 10 and last night it got updated after that when I opened it in the morning all the data was erased. I mean...
  10. I want to donate an older laptop. How can I erase the data?

I want to donate an older laptop. How can I erase the data?: I want to donate an older laptop. How can I erase the data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-donate-an-older-laptop-how-can-i-erase/9c3f039d-f87d-4264-ac62-66a57c0360c6