Windows 10: erase disk greyed out

Discus and support erase disk greyed out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; cd-rw disk, wish to erase and reformat for use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karyn Lee Maio, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:52 AM.

1. erase disk greyed out

cd-rw disk, wish to erase and reformat for use

:)

Karyn Lee Maio, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:52 AM
  2. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

3. DaveM121 Win User
    Eraseing a disk

Hi Jeffrey

What type of disc are you trying to Erase

If it is a DVD, if it is DVD+R or DVD-R, that type of disk cannot be erased, they are write once disks

If not, please explain exactly what type of disk you are tying to erase in more detail . . .

4. erase disk greyed out

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Thema:

erase disk greyed out

1. erase disk greyed out - Similar Threads - erase disk greyed

2. Extend Disk grey out,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Disk grey out,: Hello, I've recently switch up to Windows 10 V2004 in 12 October from Windows 7 and my computer were running fine up till now. so recently I've I saw that My system disk were kinda a bit of low and I decided to shrink down the other drive and extend the the system disk; but...
  3. Sideloading Greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sideloading Greyed out: I wanted to update my creative cloud but it said a error had occurred, so I went to cloud trouble shooting site and it side I had to go to the ''For developers'' options in my windows setting when I went there I was meet with greyed out boxes and a red notification say my...
  4. Clipboard greyed out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clipboard greyed out.: I am unable to use Windows 10 Clipboard, for saving items in Snip & Sketch. Windows settings show the Clipboard to be greyed out, with a caption in yellow showing " Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation ". Has anyone else experienced this error and...
  5. Iphone greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Iphone greyed out: I cannot backup my iphone 6s on my Lenovo X1? My ipod mini connects fine, I can even update teh software on the iPhone, but not sync? I have tried restarting the Apple Mobile Device Manager, but on my version setup it does not exist. The iPhone had been syncing properly. The...
  6. erasing a dvd-rw disk

erasing a dvd-rw disk: I cannot erase a disk or file on a dvd-rw disk. I am also unable to change the read only attribute using windows 10. I am the administrator and have full access. How do I solve this problem? The erase function oes not work and when changing the attribute I receive a...
  7. Button greyed out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Button greyed out: so i reset my computer today factory reset as i felt my computer was having problems i also recently posted about this issue and i though the reset solved it... i was able to download a free program until i logged into my account... then the grey button of death...
  8. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  9. Initialize Disk is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Initialize Disk is greyed out: Hello people of the earth I bought a new 240gb kingston ssd and i plugged it in my laptop using a sata adapter. When i check the disk management it shows that its not initialized and when i try to initialize it the initizalize disk is greyed out here's a sample screenshot....
  10. Why is Mark Partition Active Greyed out in Disk Management?

Why is Mark Partition Active Greyed out in Disk Management?: Hi, Yesterday I used Disk Management on a couple of 16GB USB flash drives to create a New Simple Volume ran a Full Format on them both as FAT32 with a single partition. Both of them are set up as MBR drives so theres no issue there. Then I decided I'd like to mark one of them...