Windows 10: erase disk greyed out

Discus and support erase disk greyed out in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; cd-rw disk, wish to erase and reformat for use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karyn Lee Maio, Jan 14, 2021.

1. erase disk greyed out

cd-rw disk, wish to erase and reformat for use

:)

Karyn Lee Maio, Jan 14, 2021
  2. p_o_s_pc Win User

Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

p_o_s_pc, Jan 14, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Eraseing a disk

Hi Jeffrey

What type of disc are you trying to Erase

If it is a DVD, if it is DVD+R or DVD-R, that type of disk cannot be erased, they are write once disks

If not, please explain exactly what type of disk you are tying to erase in more detail . . .

DaveM121, Jan 14, 2021
  4. erase disk greyed out

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

erase disk greyed out

1. erase disk greyed out - Similar Threads - erase disk greyed

2. disk optimizer has greyed out analyze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk optimizer has greyed out analyze: i am wondering if this is a new thing for windows as i know previous versions prior to windows 10 not noticing this in windows 11 home in the disk optimizer the analyze option is greyed out and has been nice thing to have to determine if you need to defrag or not minus large...
  3. disk optimizer has greyed out analyze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk optimizer has greyed out analyze: i am wondering if this is a new thing for windows as i know previous versions prior to windows 10 not noticing this in windows 11 home in the disk optimizer the analyze option is greyed out and has been nice thing to have to determine if you need to defrag or not minus large...
  4. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  5. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  6. Disk Management - All drive options are greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Management - All drive options are greyed out: I have a 1TB HDD I'm trying to set up as an external storage drive. Plugged it in, enclosure power light is on and the disk is running, but doesn't show up in My Computer. The drive does show up in Disk Management and in the Device Manager, but literally every option to...
  7. Disk Management - All drive options are greyed out

Disk Management - All drive options are greyed out: I have a 1TB HDD I'm trying to set up as an external storage drive. Plugged it in, enclosure power light is on and the disk is running, but doesn't show up in My Computer. The drive does show up in Disk Management and in the Device Manager, but literally every option to...
  8. "Erase this disk" option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    "Erase this disk" option greyed out: I use DVD+RW's on a daily basis -- writing, erasing, and rewriting. However, recently, the "erase this disk" option in File Explorer is greyed out. The first time it happened, having failed to find a solution online, I restored my C: partion, which fixed the problem, but is a...
  9. Extend Disk grey out,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Disk grey out,: Hello, I've recently switch up to Windows 10 V2004 in 12 October from Windows 7 and my computer were running fine up till now. so recently I've I saw that My system disk were kinda a bit of low and I decided to shrink down the other drive and extend the the system disk; but...
  10. Initialize Disk is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Initialize Disk is greyed out: Hello people of the earth I bought a new 240gb kingston ssd and i plugged it in my laptop using a sata adapter. When i check the disk management it shows that its not initialized and when i try to initialize it the initizalize disk is greyed out here's a sample screenshot....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dvd rw erase greyed