Windows 10: erase file of of cd r/w disk

Discus and support erase file of of cd r/w disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not able to erase a file off of a r/w disk. It shows the erase icon on the manage cd, but it won't let you do it for some reason. Thanks for any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaleKopf, Jul 29, 2020.

1. DaleKopf Win User

erase file of of cd r/w disk

I am not able to erase a file off of a r/w disk. It shows the erase icon on the manage cd, but it won't let you do it for some reason. Thanks for any help you can offer.

:)

DaleKopf, Jul 29, 2020

2. How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10

update: i ended up smashing it with a hammer as it would not snap and i don’t have a shredder.

I have an old CD-R that I found and when I went to try to erase the contents of the disc, it said it was write protected. Is there a way to undo the write protect and erase the contents? I tried the Registry solution and that didn't work. I looked at the
    DiskPart solution, but my CD-R didn't appear in the list disk. Both Disk 0 and Disk 1 were too large of capacity to be the CD-R. I think 0 was the hard drive and 1 was the backup external drive. I did find the DVD-Rom drive in the list volume and it was Volume

So, what is the best way to get the contents of my CD-R erased? I don't care about using it again... it's going to be recycled if I can removed the contents.

Thanks for any suggestions or solutions.

TexasChick, Jul 29, 2020
  3. RMS_123 Win User
    DVD R/W drive only reads data and music CDs and not DVDs

I tried steps 1 through 5 listed in this article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...is-not-recognized-by-windows-or-other-program

The DVD R/W drive is in a Dell XPS 8300 PC and this morning I ran Dell Support Assist.

The built in drive self test passed as well as the CD Rom test. Could not complete the DVD tests because it doesn't recognize that I inserted a DVD.

RMS_123, Jul 29, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Formatting CD-R Disks in Windows 10

Hi Earlene

If you are just going to burn files to a CD-R disk, then that does not need to be formatted, that will be done automatically during the burn process, just drag your files onto the disk and click Burn . . .

If there are files already on that CD-R disk, then you cannot format the disk, because a CD-R disk can only be burned once, it is only CR-RW disks that an be burned multiple times . . .

DaveM121, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. erase file of of cd r/w disk - Similar Threads - erase file disk

2. Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.: Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not empty or erasable. New disk loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-burn-cd-r-message-says-disc-is-not-emepty/82565f96-fca3-4863-95fd-6fe9d86d884e
  3. Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.: Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not empty or erasable. New disk loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-burn-cd-r-message-says-disc-is-not-emepty/82565f96-fca3-4863-95fd-6fe9d86d884e
  4. Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CD-R in CD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD-R in CD player: If a CD-R has a jpeg and an audio file saved on it then will a standard CD player be able to recognise the audio track and play it?Not sure if the CD-R has been saved as a data or as audio. How would I be able to find this out?...
  6. CD-R in CD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD-R in CD player: If a CD-R has a jpeg and an audio file saved on it then will a standard CD player be able to recognise the audio track and play it?Not sure if the CD-R has been saved as a data or as audio. How would I be able to find this out?...
  7. CD-R

CD-R: Not sure if I should post this here but how would I format a write-protected CD-R on windows 10 every method I tried failed? 175782
  8. Formatting CD-R Disks in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting CD-R Disks in Windows 10: How do I format blank CD-R disks for Windows 10. I'm not an IT tech nor do I run a server. Instructions seem to be written in Greek... Why is this so complicated? Your help is much appreciated. Thank you....
  9. DVD R/W

DVD R/W: Can a DVD R/W disk be converted from UDT to NTFS? I wish to create a system image but all the disks are UDT! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw/0aec9cf7-c75a-4efc-8bdd-753eea3f62aa
  10. How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10

How to Erase/Format a Write Protected CD-R on Windows 10: I have an old CD-R that I found and when I went to try to erase the contents of the disc, it said it was write protected. Is there a way to undo the write protect and erase the contents? I tried the Registry solution and that didn't work. I looked at the DiskPart solution,...