Windows 10: Erase/Format Storage Space

Discus and support Erase/Format Storage Space in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having difficulty figuring out how to erase a storage space and reformat it. Any suggestions, or links you can share? Thanks... 181631 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Jun 25, 2021.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Erase/Format Storage Space

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to erase a storage space and reformat it. Any suggestions, or links you can share? Thanks...

:)

56Kruiser, Jun 25, 2021

2. erase previous version of windows to create space

Perform the steps to delete previous version of windows :-

• In the search box on the taskbar, type settings, then choose it from the list of results.

• Select System > Storage > This PC and then scroll down the list and choose Temporary file
    • Under Remove temporary files, select the Previous version of Windows check box and then choose Remove files.

Sanghati Barman, Jun 25, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Conflicting information on my Storage Space...

From disk management, it does report the same storage and used space as from explorer.
    May I ask did you try to create a storage pool or something ? if so, you should not mess with this.

Is this disk an external disk connected via USB ? WD or Seagate branch ?

I have the feeling that this disk is formatted with GPT type using 512K emulation so Windows get confused. To verify:

1. Right click on Disk 6 ->Properties->Volumes. What does it show on partition styles ? GPT ?
    2. Download Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free, install then run. What does it show on disk 7 ? MBR ?

If step 1 shows GPT and step 2 shows MBR then definitely the disk was formatted using 512K emulation. The reason they did this so that it would be recognized by WinXP or if you connect it to a TV.

Windows Updates failed is another problem you have. First, it tried to updates from 1703 -> 1709 and failed so any subsequent updates to 1803 also failed.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Merle4 Win User

Will any formatted drive work in Storage Spaces?

Original title: Storage Spaces

Will any formatted drive work in Storage Spaces? I read in a post that the drives had to be unformatted.

Merle4, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Erase/Format Storage Space - Similar Threads - Erase Format Storage

2. Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces: Thanks in advance.I recently upgraded my storage spaces and increased my storage size. I added an 18tb drive to an existing storage space. During this process I increased my storage space size logical to 80TB. I have 5X 18tb hard drives. The drives are set to parity, since...
  3. Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces now RAW format on 60TB of Parity using Storage Spaces: Thanks in advance.I recently upgraded my storage spaces and increased my storage size. I added an 18tb drive to an existing storage space. During this process I increased my storage space size logical to 80TB. I have 5X 18tb hard drives. The drives are set to parity, since...
  4. How to erase the Microsoft Storage Space status from HD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to erase the Microsoft Storage Space status from HD?: I had a Storage Space configured to two of my hard drives, two 500GB working as a 1TB space. The array failed and I was forced to undo the storage space and format the drives.One of them was fine and happy with it, works fine and flawlessly. The second drive on the other...
  5. How to erase the Microsoft Storage Space status from HD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to erase the Microsoft Storage Space status from HD?: I had a Storage Space configured to two of my hard drives, two 500GB working as a 1TB space. The array failed and I was forced to undo the storage space and format the drives.One of them was fine and happy with it, works fine and flawlessly. The second drive on the other...
  6. How to erase the Microsoft Storage Space status from HD?

7. Storage Spaces Dual Parity Pool says that it needs to formatted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces Dual Parity Pool says that it needs to formatted: Today, I went to access my storage pool and it told me that I need to format it. It was working perfectly fine a few days ago. If you run chkdsk in Command Prompt, it shows that it is NTFS, if you look in Storage Spaces settings it shows that it is all online and healthy with...
  8. Storage Spaces Dual Parity Pool says that it needs to formatted

Storage Spaces Dual Parity Pool says that it needs to formatted: Today, I went to access my storage pool and it told me that I need to format it. It was working perfectly fine a few days ago. If you run chkdsk in Command Prompt, it shows that it is NTFS, if you look in Storage Spaces settings it shows that it is all online and healthy with...
  9. Storage space

Storage space: I've been trying to install the newest update. However, it says I need more disk space. I've looked online and on the Microsoft website and deleted everything I can. There's nothing in downloads, temporary files, pictures, videos or anything that isn't needed for it to run...
  10. Storage Spaces

Storage Spaces: I have a 4-bay enclosure of 8TB drives (32TB total) set to parity using Storage spaces. I would suspect I would be able to get about 2/3 (66%) capacity or about 21TB after allowing for parity. However it's telling me that the total capacity is only 14TB. How does that make...