Windows 10: "Erase this disk" option greyed out

Discus and support "Erase this disk" option greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use DVD+RW's on a daily basis -- writing, erasing, and rewriting. However, recently, the "erase this disk" option in File Explorer is greyed out. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mjj6048, May 4, 2021 at 3:37 AM.

1. mjj6048 Win User

"Erase this disk" option greyed out

I use DVD+RW's on a daily basis -- writing, erasing, and rewriting. However, recently, the "erase this disk" option in File Explorer is greyed out. The first time it happened, having failed to find a solution online, I restored my C: partion, which fixed the problem, but is a bit heavy handed. It's happened again today. I can erase the disk using CDBurnerXP, but that's an extra step which I would like to avoid. It affects all disks, so it's not caused by a faulty disk. I would appreciate any suggestions for how "erase this disk" could be brought back to life.

:)

2. mjj6048 Win User

I use DVD+RW's on a daily basis -- writing, erasing, and rewriting. However, recently, the "erase this disk" option in File Explorer is greyed out.

The first time it happened, having failed to find a solution online, I restored my C: partion, which fixed the problem, but is a bit heavy handed.

It's happened again today. I can erase the disk using CDBurnerXP, but that's an extra step which I would like to avoid. It affects all disks, so it's not caused by a faulty disk.

I would appreciate any suggestions for how "erase this disk" could be brought back to life.

3. p_o_s_pc Win User
    Finally! An alternative to eraser...

it looks much cleaner then the eraser so that is a big step up.

4. "Erase this disk" option greyed out

Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Thema:

1. "Erase this disk" option greyed out - Similar Threads - Erase disk option

2. erase disk greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    erase disk greyed out: cd-rw disk, wish to erase and reformat for use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erase-disk-greyed-out/0ee3bdbd-72cd-4f36-9a6a-1736727ff5e4
  3. Extend Disk grey out,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Disk grey out,: Hello, I've recently switch up to Windows 10 V2004 in 12 October from Windows 7 and my computer were running fine up till now. so recently I've I saw that My system disk were kinda a bit of low and I decided to shrink down the other drive and extend the the system disk; but...
  4. index option greyed out

in Cortana
    index option greyed out: index option greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/index-option-greyed-out/c5624f66-4b32-48b5-b9d5-680c2c4165ce
  5. My network option is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My network option is greyed out.: I was booting up a game for steam when my laptop hung so i rebooted. I try again and my wifi option is gone and some of the quick settings is gone. I tried a bunch of videos but nothing works. Only by ether get my wireless is gone. Can someone help me plz???? submitted by...
  6. Require Sign-In options are greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Require Sign-In options are greyed out: I just purchased a new dell xps 2-1 with Windows 10 home version 1903 installed. I am going crazy having to re-sign in every time my screen turns off. When I go into my account settings under sign-in options, the drop down menu under "require sign-in" is greyed out and...
  7. Initialize Disk is greyed out

Initialize Disk is greyed out: Hello people of the earth I bought a new 240gb kingston ssd and i plugged it in my laptop using a sata adapter. When i check the disk management it shows that its not initialized and when i try to initialize it the initizalize disk is greyed out here's a sample screenshot....
  8. Taskbar option greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar option greyed out: I tried to find the English correspondent to that option and I guess that, due to its position, it's about the taskbar buttons badges. My system: [img] English version: [img] Any idea why it is greyed out? My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.292). Thanks in...
  9. "Check for Updates" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Check for Updates" option is greyed out: Hi ,I am using Windows 10 Pro and the ""Check for Updates" option is greyed out . In the past I had changed some registry and group policy settings to stop windows update but now I want to update windows and forgot which settings I've changed. Is there anyway to roll back...
  10. Remote Desktop options greyed out

Remote Desktop options greyed out: Hi, Hoping this is the correct area for this issue and that maybe someone has some suggestions because I have been unable to find anything. It's quite simple, the Remote Desktop options have both become greyed out. The 'allow remote help requests' is still available. I...